Cheap apartment or partial rent help

Find how to get help with rent
C14
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Cheap apartment or partial rent help

Post by C14 »

I have a friend that's pretty much going to be left on his own around the end of jan. He lives with his father but his father is moving out to another apartment with his new girl friend but its too small for him to move in as well. He's 18 and starts school in jan and is working a full time job, but between school he can't afford paying a full amount of rent. Moving in with any other family member is not an option, and this friend needs an apartment or may go homeless. That can't happen. I wanted to know if there's any govt program that may assist him in paying partial amount of the rent, or finding cheap apartments that he can pay. Please contact me as soon as possible om really worried. If there's anything at all please email me
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Cheap apartment or partial rent help

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear that about your friend. Sounds like a hard worker. The person may need to share an apartment. But here are some agencies and resources in your part of Conneticut.
Try calling the Access Community Action Agency ((860) 450-7452) which may have some rent help for Tolland County. They will also have information on government programs, and maybe for people going back to school too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/tol ... _prog.html
C14 wrote:I have a friend that's pretty much going to be left on his own around the end of jan. He lives with his father but his father is moving out to another apartment with his new girl friend but its too small for him to move in as well. He's 18 and starts school in jan and is working a full time job, but between school he can't afford paying a full amount of rent. Moving in with any other family member is not an option, and this friend needs an apartment or may go homeless. That can't happen. I wanted to know if there's any govt program that may assist him in paying partial amount of the rent, or finding cheap apartments that he can pay. Please contact me as soon as possible om really worried. If there's anything at all please email me
Francheska
anti spam: Blue

Re: Cheap apartment or partial rent help

Post by Francheska »

I was needing assistance in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I just moved here and I am working but its only part-time. I am currently staying in a hotel room which is too expensive and I pay every week. My hotel room takes up pretty much all of my pay check. I found a cheap apartment and I have half of the money for it but I couldn't find anyone to help me with anything. I was looking to get some assistance so I can move as soon as possible before I have no where else to go. If you could help me in anyway it would be most thankful.