Don't want to be evicted

Find how to get help with rent
a123
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Don't want to be evicted

Post by a123 »

My husband and I have recently been in a terible financial bind. Not from lack of not working. I have a college degree and my husband and I have been working diligently. We have two children and out last child was a surprise that we were blessed with at 41 years old. We do not believe in abortion and I suffered through the pregnancy. My husband got layed off in August and we have been trying to struggle on one salary. He has been trying to pick up odd jobs and we have cut back as much as possible. The hardest thing is catching up on rent. I'm terrified of being evicted and don't want that to happen. We needs help desperately. The rent is way past due since Nov. 2010. Our income at this point is just 700.00 twice per month after taxes and we have $300.00 per month day care and $435.00 rent and $200.00 electricity and $370.00 for one vehicle. THis is only the basiscs. THis does not cover food, misc and medical expenses. We are in a major bind. Help
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Don't want to be evicted

Post by Admin »

What county/state do you live in? Without having more detail my answer is pretty generic. Try this link for rent assistance programs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _rent.html
Also navigate around the main site for information on how to get free food, electric bill help, and even some job opportunities if your husband was recently laid off. You need to call agencies, explore website, and just keep trying and keeping faith. You can also find places for medical expenses as well.
Peruiu

Post by Peruiu »

I am a Breast Cancer patient, and I am behind in my rent, if I can just get caught up this month my landlord will let me make up payments on the past due. Short term disability from my job only pays 66% and that is not enough to pay my rent, elec., water, and put gas to get to work.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many non-profits provide financial support to Cancer patients. Not only to help pay medical and health care bills, but also living expenses. One of them is CancerCare. Get financial assistance for cancer patients from that group and more like Life Beyond Cancer
Peruiu wrote:I am a Breast Cancer patient, and I am behind in my rent, if I can just get caught up this month my landlord will let me make up payments on the past due. Short term disability from my job only pays 66% and that is not enough to pay my rent, elec., water, and put gas to get to work.
Canes

Post by Canes »

My family of 5 is about to be evicted. We are eligible for state of Indiana assistance and have received one months help, but our landlord does not like how long it is taking for the help and has proceeded with eviction. We need help and do not know what to do. My husband currently works and I am receiving unemployment and we have 3 children ages 5 who just started school, 2 and 5 months. Our daughter just started school and we do not want to have to move out or her district. I was let go of my medical records job of a year and a half, when I took a medical leave while I was pregnant and we have been struggling ever since and really dont know what to do now. Please help!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So how long did the state agency say before the cash assistance from Indiana kicks in, and will it be enough to cover your rent? I would hope the landlord would offer some flexibility. We do not know how long it takes either. But we do have information on many state programs. Read about rent help in Indiana, and who to call for assistance and advice. Some unemployment numbers will be listed too, so they are an option for additional support during your hardship.
Canes wrote:My family of 5 is about to be evicted. We are eligible for state of Indiana assistance and have received one months help, but our landlord does not like how long it is taking for the help and has proceeded with eviction. We need help and do not know what to do. My husband currently works and I am receiving unemployment and we have 3 children ages 5 who just started school, 2 and 5 months. Our daughter just started school and we do not want to have to move out or her district. I was let go of my medical records job of a year and a half, when I took a medical leave while I was pregnant and we have been struggling ever since and really dont know what to do now. Please help!