Need a job and housing help

Find how to get help with rent
f12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need a job and housing help

Post by f12 »

i'm in need of a job,housing,help with past due medical bills,student loans from years ago with eldest son and now yougest son who did a year at Alabama State. The one thing i have always wanted to do was to work and finished my high school diploma. But right now i'm sleeping at relatives and friends houses from one month or weeks from time to time instead of giong to a shelter. With no income coming in and i'm applying to all kinds of companynies and really not getting any results and family and friends are becoming much more agitated as i am.With me needing all of the help i just decribe wjich direction do you all think that i should turn to for help? My youngest son is attending Georgia Perimeter College and is doing bascially the same thing as for as sleeping arrangement at night,is there any resources for him and I? state is georgia. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need a job and housing help

Post by Admin »

Yes, you really need at least a high school/GED in todays world to get any job. And really some type of college degree. Some community action agencies can offer info on scholarship programs and student financial aid, and also provide short term financial help for paying bills until you get a new job. There are programs and options like the Enrichment Services Program, Inc. (706) 649-1600 which offers employment and training opportunities for people who need a job or higher income,
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
f12 wrote:i'm in need of a job,housing,help with past due medical bills,student loans from years ago with eldest son and now yougest son who did a year at Alabama State. The one thing i have always wanted to do was to work and finished my high school diploma. But right now i'm sleeping at relatives and friends houses from one month or weeks from time to time instead of giong to a shelter. With no income coming in and i'm applying to all kinds of companynies and really not getting any results and family and friends are becoming much more agitated as i am.With me needing all of the help i just decribe wjich direction do you all think that i should turn to for help? My youngest son is attending Georgia Perimeter College and is doing bascially the same thing as for as sleeping arrangement at night,is there any resources for him and I? state is georgia. Thank you
Gilt

Post by Gilt »

Hi, I am currently living in Long Beach, CA and i am staying with a family member but my living arrangements are temporary and i need help with a few things. Rental assistance- i have been told that the section 8 housing waiting list for this area is closed. Childcare- so that i can work, i have a 17 month old son. Probably help with utilities when i do find a place to live. Also I am trying to get back into school and i have run into roadblocks again and again. If you can suggest some programs for me to look into that would be so helpful. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Childcare, try your local DSS office. As far as rent and utility assistance, here are some rent specific agencies in Los Angeles that can also probably cover the Long Beach California area. Find a listing of the services and resources here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/los ... tance.html
We have a number of housing agencies listed.
Gilt wrote:Hi, I am currently living in Long Beach, CA and i am staying with a family member but my living arrangements are temporary and i need help with a few things. Rental assistance- i have been told that the section 8 housing waiting list for this area is closed. Childcare- so that i can work, i have a 17 month old son. Probably help with utilities when i do find a place to live. Also I am trying to get back into school and i have run into roadblocks again and again. If you can suggest some programs for me to look into that would be so helpful. Thank you so much.
Antonio Brown

Post by Antonio Brown »

I am in desperate help of some assistance for my family and I. I have two young boys ages 2 & 4. I got evicted from the Holiday Inn in windham NH. I tried to find a apartment before my last day there but was not successful. I spent the last of my money on a hotel room for my family this evening due to a storm. And storage for all of our belongings. I am only able to stay at the hotel tonight. The town of Windham has not been helpful at all. Instead she has been nothing but rude belittling and unhelpful. The shelters are full. I need assistance. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
Pillsbury

Post by Pillsbury »

I have not worked going on 3 ears now. My husband works and supports 3 of us. I am dealing with many different illnesses. Our home foreclosed, bad debt is garnishing portions of our 1 income and landlord is suffering from the loss of husband and wants renters out. We have no place to go.
Herf Tim

Post by Herf Tim »

My family was evicted from our home about 8 months ago and my sister (19) and I (20) have been couch surfing at friends houses since. My car was recently repossessed and now I've lost everything and my credit is ruined. I recently got a new job and my sister is working as well. We are now walking, taxi, bus, and catching rides to and from work. I also was admitted in the hospital last week and when the advisor came to ask me about having insurance. I told her I have no insurance and I'm homeless and will not be able to afford hospital bills. She then let me know about HANDS. So I'm emailing you now to please ask for a HAND. Anything will help. My sister and I are in desperate need of a stable home. Please email or call me. Thank you,
Old 12 A

Post by Old 12 A »

I need somewhere to live with my three kids. I just moved here from 300 miles away looking for somewhere near Grand Rivers close to my Aunt. I came here for more family support. My kids and me suffered a great lose. My 6 year old passed away. My husband left me. It was hard for all of us I can here for a new start a better place to live raise my children. We are driving great distance to get the kids to school .I have limited resources and going to start a job in March but until then shuffling from house to house is hard and trying to find gas money every day is hard. I been scrapping for money. Please help.
JoeBrown

Post by JoeBrown »

I have a eviction notice from the sheriff. I have to be out by the 23rd of November or I will be physically thrown out with my kids. My husband left me and my kids with out money for rent and I have no other options. Because I have been a house wife and home schooled my kids I have no work experience. Please anything will help. I have a 2 year old little girl and cant imagine seeing her homeless.
Gannon

Post by Gannon »

I am a single mother with two children. There is also an 11 month old and a four year old who will be currently homeless as of Monday July 1st which is tomorrow. I'm currently working 3rd shift. I'm working 3rd shift temporarily and work starts back July 2nd which is Tuesday. There is also a 3rd shift is from 12 o'clock midnight to 8 o'clock in the morning.
The children have daycare from 8 in the morning to till 5 o'clock. Basically I just I really need help trying to figure out how to work and care for my kids. I need to be sure they are well. We are also looking for housing so as far as having a place to actually go with them that will let me in its early and let me out as late as I need to go. I was hoping that somebody would be able to help me by Tuesday if it's even possible. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We commend you for working hard to provide for your kids and pay your rent. Many people in Phoenix Arizona and other cities do need to resort to the 3rd shift work, at least for a period of time. But this can be challenging, specially for single moms with two children. The goods news is that the agencies that offer housing or rental assistance will also sign people up for counseling. This will include everything from information on day care to job training. So try the Maricopa County agencies for information on rental programs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Buddha Relax

Post by Buddha Relax »

To whom it may concern, my name is Rosalyn. I lost my job on 4/21/2019. I had worked there over 5 years and now need a job as well as housing. I applied for unemployment but was denied. I'm searching for resources to help me with my rent. So far nothing; the 211 number I have called over 10 times and the resources are out of funds or they didn't get any for this month. I'm trying to get some housing and job assistance just Temporarily. I'm looking & putting in applications every day for a job. Please do you know of any rental assistance HELP. Dallas Tx 75287. Thank you.