Financial aid for rent and bills

Find how to get help with rent
Post Reply
a123
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:15 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by a123 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:53 am

I'm writing to request financial aid to help pay rent, utilities and other bills. My husband is being discharged from the military underhonarable conditions but do to a chapter out process he is not eligible for any benefits are his 6yr bonus. So we are having financial hardship and we are in need of assistance. Once he is discharge as of December !7,2010 he will be able to appy for unemployment. He has been applying for local jobs and just waiting on replies. We are a family of seven. My husband and I and five children.So if you can be of help we would greatly appreciate it. Thank You, I live in El Paso Texas a

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by Admin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:12 am

Many places exist in El Paso that may be able to provide help for bills, debts, housing expenses like rent, and more. They include the following.
El Paso County General Assistance, phone number (915)546-8150
St. Vincent De Paul is also located in El Paso, and they are always a good non-profit charity organization to call for help. (915) 832-0447
Last but not least, try the Salvation Army of El Paso Texas, phone 915) 544-9811
All of these are non-profits withj extensive aid, counseling, and information for families and people who need help in difficult times.

http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/el_ ... _prog.html

LyndaSteel
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:09 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by LyndaSteel » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:28 am

I need help this month with my rent, electric and gas. I have always been able to pay but this month is impossible. I am disabled and very stressed not knowing what to do. Help please. I need help pays my rent because i dont have no money right nw can someone please bless me in god name :: looking for financial assistance with security deposit or first and last months rent

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by Admin » Thu May 05, 2011 9:08 am

So you live in Washington DC?
There are many non-profits, charities, and programs to help with rent, electric, and gas. Most do target and focus on the disabled too. They usually get first dibs on any financial aid and grants.
Here is a link to programs and resources in the Washington DC area. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html Try calling places like UPO - Anacostia Community Service Center ((202) 610-0466) as well as Catholic Charities - DCEAF - Southeast Family Center ((202) 574-3442) for funds and advice.
LyndaSteel wrote:I need help this month with my rent, electric and gas. I have always been able to pay but this month is impossible. I am disabled and very stressed not knowing what to do. Help please. I need help pays my rent because i dont have no money right nw can someone please bless me in god name :: looking for financial assistance with security deposit or first and last months rent

TereseMac
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:38 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by TereseMac » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:41 pm

my fiance is a full time student and gets financial aid but does not start back until the fall semester and i am a stay at home mom with out 3 girls who are 9, 6 and 18months and our boy who is 29 months. we used tax money to move into a trailer(rent2own) and we paid the first months rent(april). we also have gotten may rent paid. however it is the 12th of june and dont know how to pay the rent. in august james gets $5,000 or better and we are paying months in advance. we just need to figure out june and july and probably augusts rent. please contact me. thank you so much.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by Admin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:41 am

Did you call your school/college for any housing or rental assistance programs? I think try them first. If they don't offer any, then find other ways to get help with rent. On this page you will find government programs, places like Salvation Army, and community action agencies. All of which may be able to support you.
TereseMac wrote:my fiance is a full time student and gets financial aid but does not start back until the fall semester and i am a stay at home mom with out 3 girls who are 9, 6 and 18months and our boy who is 29 months. we used tax money to move into a trailer(rent2own) and we paid the first months rent(april). we also have gotten may rent paid. however it is the 12th of june and dont know how to pay the rent. in august james gets $5,000 or better and we are paying months in advance. we just need to figure out june and july and probably augusts rent. please contact me. thank you so much.

chavez
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:47 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by chavez » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:49 am

Hello I would like to know some information about helppaying bills.... Bec I had hard time with bills and I just recently moved in new apartment in Oklahoma and I been on wait list from public housing (hud) and don't know how long it take processing to less my rent... I have to pay full 600 dollar and I have ssi only is 674 and I have son and hard time with bills and food and how can I pay deposit to turn power on... So wonder if can help me with some information and bills so thank you

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by Admin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:53 am

How did you move without that assistance clearing? What town/county in Oklahoma. Local programs exist, but we need to know where. In meantime find information on Oklahoma assistance programs, for housing, security deposits, and other needs.
chavez wrote:Hello I would like to know some information about helppaying bills.... Bec I had hard time with bills and I just recently moved in new apartment in Oklahoma and I been on wait list from public housing (hud) and don't know how long it take processing to less my rent... I have to pay full 600 dollar and I have ssi only is 674 and I have son and hard time with bills and food and how can I pay deposit to turn power on... So wonder if can help me with some information and bills so thank you

Mytopdog
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:47 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by Mytopdog » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:48 am

I need help paying first month rent and or security deposit in Wisconsin, i tried every where that I know of and been told no i recently was ran over by a car breaking my foot resulting me not being able to work for 6 weeks. I have 2 apartments that i have been approved for please call me if there's any help out there i don't know where else to turn to.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by Admin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:39 am

If you have a broken foot are you collecting short term disability. If not, apply. Those funds should help you pay for rent and deposits too while you are missing the 6 weeks of work. Here are some other Wisconsin assistance programs that may be able to help with housing expenses and needs.
Mytopdog wrote:I need help paying first month rent and or security deposit in Wisconsin, i tried every where that I know of and been told no i recently was ran over by a car breaking my foot resulting me not being able to work for 6 weeks. I have 2 apartments that i have been approved for please call me if there's any help out there i don't know where else to turn to.

Astroburner
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:18 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by Astroburner » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:24 pm

I'm not sure if I've contacted the right person, but I am in need of emergency assistance & running out of time. I am a 32 mother of 3 kids, 2 of which live with me at my mom's, one being 8weeks old and 2yr old being autistic. We just got out of an abusive relationship (both physically & mentally due to hidden drug addiction) & only have until tomorrow before we are evicted. My children's father has moved out of state & recently gotten married, and is offering zero help to me or the kids. My car completely died & we have very little options for transportation. We have already contacted all family & friends but with no success. Our food stamps did not go on this month (also covers formula), due to us moving counties & the forwarding mail not arriving in time to keep them active. I have been having medical problems since a little before my daughter was born on May 1, 2010. My blood pressure has been 180s/130s, and also have Rickets (bone disease) that myself & oldest daughter living with me has. Our health insurance coverage has also cancelled. I really don't know what to do & I'm scared we will end up on the streets. I hate having to ask for assistance for rent and bills, but we have absolutely zero options left at this time. Our phone has water damage & doesn't work most of the time, but leave a message or try this if u cant get me (EMAIL IS THE BEST / FASTEST WAY). If u are unable to help us, CAN U PLS FORWARD TO SOMEONE WHO MIGHT or give me any kind of suggestions PLEASE. Thanks again for everything & may u have a great day!!

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by Admin » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:56 am

Yes, you did contact the right place and person. With those amounts of need you have, such as rent, food, housing, use the primary site and focus on the navigation bars on the left margin. Find extensive ways to get help with paying bills and other financial assistance here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/index.html
May be even able to help with the lack of child support and zero help coming from ex.
Astroburner wrote:I'm not sure if I've contacted the right person, but I am in need of emergency assistance & running out of time. I am a 32 mother of 3 kids, 2 of which live with me at my mom's, one being 8weeks old and 2yr old being autistic. We just got out of an abusive relationship (both physically & mentally due to hidden drug addiction) & only have until tomorrow before we are evicted. My children's father has moved out of state & recently gotten married, and is offering zero help to me or the kids. My car completely died & we have very little options for transportation. We have already contacted all family & friends but with no success. Our food stamps did not go on this month (also covers formula), due to us moving counties & the forwarding mail not arriving in time to keep them active. I have been having medical problems since a little before my daughter was born on May 1, 2010. My blood pressure has been 180s/130s, and also have Rickets (bone disease) that myself & oldest daughter living with me has. Our health insurance coverage has also cancelled. I really don't know what to do & I'm scared we will end up on the streets. I hate having to ask for assistance for rent and bills, but we have absolutely zero options left at this time. Our phone has water damage & doesn't work most of the time, but leave a message or try this if u cant get me (EMAIL IS THE BEST / FASTEST WAY). If u are unable to help us, CAN U PLS FORWARD TO SOMEONE WHO MIGHT or give me any kind of suggestions PLEASE. Thanks again for everything & may u have a great day!!

Macie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:25 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by Macie » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:53 pm

I live in Irving, TX. Last March, my ex-husband violently assaulted me. He has been in the Dallas County jail since. The investigators on the case convinced me to move so he couldn't find me when he got out of jail. They said the State of Texas' Crime Victims Compensation Fund would pay for the move and provide rental assistance for up to 3 months after the move or $1800. I applied and was approved for the program.

By the time I found an apartment complex that was willing to work with me and the program, I was about the 20th of April. I tried as hard as I could but couldn't get all the paperwork the state needed in their hands in time to move into my new apartment on May 1. In fact, the apartment manager told me on April 31 that she had made sure all the documents were in the state's hands for the relocation but they had told her that I wouldn't be in the apartment until May 9th, at the earliest, because they needed to process the paperwork. The apartment complex was only waiting on word that the relocation expenses would be paid.

So, on May 31 at 3:30 pm, I rented a U-Haul truck and a storage building and started moving my belongings into the storage building. Imagine my surprise the next morning when I received work from my state case worker that she had processed the documents and sent a recommendation for payment to accounting. (I subsequently moved my belongings out of the storage building and into my new apartment on May 11th, due to problems beyond my control.)

The provision for the rental support for 3 months or $1800 stated I had to document the payment of all moneys spent on the relocation as well as provide a copy of my rental agreement. I provided the documents, less 1 that was never provided to me. The payment totaled less than $12 for the omitted receipt. It took the state 14 days to send me a form letter so I would call them. By this time, it was past the 4th of June. The management at the apartments knew the state was funding my rent for May and June, at least. I discussed it with them.

Yesterday, I received a "Notice to Vacate for Non-Payment of Rent, Utilities, or other Sums." It includes: $699 for rent; $5 for water, and Late Fees of $155 ($75 assessed on June 4 and $10 a day each day after the 4th) for a total balance of $852. I will receive another $10 late fee again today. My disability check doesn't get here until the 11th and it was already allocated to bills and a few Christmas gifts for my grandchildren. The apartment complex will lock me out on June 12th.

I was the victim of a brutal crime. That's what started all this. I feel as if I am being victimized over and over again trying to do the right thing. I know it's traumatizing me. Is there anything you can do to help? Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanking you in advance for your consideration.

Bilbo
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:48 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by Bilbo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:56 am

I'm a single mom with low income. My husband abandoned me and my 14 month daughter and he is not providing any support to us. It's really difficult to make ends meet. I would really appreciate it if I could get rental assistance as this is very important for me and my baby. Thanks for your kind support.

Sparkers
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:48 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Financial aid for rent and bills

Post by Sparkers » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:44 am

I am a single mom with twins that are 16. I just got in a new home in August after losing my house to a fraudulent contract for deed. My daughter who is a cheerleader had an accident which is now possibly leading to surgery. I am a partial month behind as well as Last month and partial month. Also, this month behind in rent with this month due on the 29th.
I owe $360 last month and 570 for this month. My rent is 600... I fell behind caring for my daughter and I just can't catch up. My landlord has given me an eviction notice if $930 is not paid by the 21st. Then 7 days later the $600 is due again. I start a higher paying job starting, but I really need help catching up. Please contact me if there is anything I can do or exactly where I should go for help. Thank you. Sincerely,

Post Reply