Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Find how to get help with rent
Chris
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:21 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by Chris » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:54 am

I have lived in Austin for about 9 months now. I live in a small apartment complex in Williamson County. I live here with my son Daniel who just turned 20. I am recently divorced and I also have several medical issues that keep me from working. I am on SSI disability. My son works but between both of us, we are barely surviving. I have never been in this shape financially, but now I am and I am so afraid.

I need help badly. The apartments where we live are threatening us once again with a eviction. Every month they do this for one thing after another. I have a small pet and when I moved in there were signs of prior pet damages, which I have asked for corrections several times. i did pay half of the pet deposit but refused to pay the other half because of the damages. But the ledgers change so many times that the part of the pet deposit does not show up as that, it shows as late fees.

We pay the rent every month but we are struggling to make ends meet. We are in need of some assistance. My biggest fear is being out on the streets soon. I am very afraid.

The apartment complex management is very hard to work with. They send me threatening emails all the time. I do not have all of the rent this month because of RX's and other costs. We are below the poverty level. The management now is getting ready to file an eviction on the 3rd for the pet deposit, late fees and a water bill. I have tried to work with them, but have no luck.

I guess I need to mention as well that our utilities are also past due. We do not have the means to meet our obligations.

Recently i requested some repairs to be made in our apartment, even though some were made, we are now being charged for the repairs and/or damages. There are things that still need done. I have done some of the things myself. The carpets are filthy. I have asked several times for them to be professionally cleaned and have been told no, so I purchased a steam cleaner and I clean the carpets myself only to have the stains reappear and the water on the reserve tank still comes out muddy. My doctor has also written a note/prescription for the carpet and pads to be replaced due to health issues, but I was recently informed that the carpets would not be replaced, doctor's note or not.

We are at the point to where we wish to move, but we do not have the means to move nor do i have the strength.

Like I have mentioned several times already; we are in extreme need of assistance. If we could only get ahead and try to work something out with Lynx, I think we might be alright. We really do not want to move or be forced out, I have made this place my home and would like to stay but I fear that they are gonna force me out. My biggest fear in life is to be homeless.

I know there is help out there, but I have had no luck. I have tried to call the number provided on the web sight, but have not been able to get through, and I have been turned away from other places.

Someone told me about this search and I have found you.

Like I said before, I have several medical conditions, and am recovering from double pneumonia and the stress and worries I am going through does not help with my health at all.

Please, if there is any thing you can do for us, please help.

Hope to hear from someone soon and thank you and God Bless.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by Admin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:57 am

That is a lot of issues for you and your kid. Sorry to hear of your difficulties. Williamson Texas does have several different assistance programs and options for people who are struggling. Texas has programs as well. First and foremost I think you want to call Crosswalk Community Action Agency at (618) 932-6438. This non-profit community action agency offers numerous housing and rent programs, and can probably also direct you to emergency financial aid programs and health care resources. They partner with other charities and non-profits in the Austin and surrounding area.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_p1.html

Deawe
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:26 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by Deawe » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:33 am

Im looking for some help with my Rent. I am a low income parent and Im falling behind do to my daughters health issue and being in hospital. I got an evictions notice and I cant afford to lose the place im in for my daughter and I have been unemployed for 8 months. I do not recieve any unemployment or financial assistance from the government, even though close to poverty levels. I do receive foodstamps and my bill is currently $120, I desperately need your assistance to keep the water turned on and pay my rent. Please let me know if you can help in any way.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by Admin » Sun May 08, 2011 10:30 am

Did you look into Section 8 housing vouchers in your home state of Indiana.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... diana.html
Many non-profit organizations offer low income housing, rent help, counseling, and general support through the Indiana Section 8 housing program. They can probably help you navigate the food stamp program too.
Deawe wrote:Im looking for some help with my Rent. I am a low income parent and Im falling behind do to my daughters health issue and being in hospital. I got an evictions notice and I cant afford to lose the place im in for my daughter and I have been unemployed for 8 months. I do not recieve any unemployment or financial assistance from the government, even though close to poverty levels. I do receive foodstamps and my bill is currently $120, I desperately need your assistance to keep the water turned on and pay my rent. Please let me know if you can help in any way.

Preetip
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:36 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by Preetip » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:43 pm

I had a baby in Feb, & chose not to return to my full time job, because, at the time, my partner made more than enough to get our family through. However, shortly after the birth of our daughter, he was laid off as well. He's had a couple odds & ends jobs, but nothing permanent or enough to keep up with all bills. My old position at work is no longer available.We've cut back on everything we can, & have been living off savings, & money borrowed. We are currently $1,000 behind on rent, & are facing eviction. We just need enough to get through til the end of this month, when hopefully BOTH of us will have new jobs (& baby sitters - 3 children total live with us.) Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by Admin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:45 am

Did you look into Housing and Urban Development programs and services. They really go by HUD, but they are maybe the leading rent and housing assistance agency. Federal government funded, and they help those in or on the brink of poverty and who need other aid. HUD is a great place to go to for assistance.
Preetip wrote:I had a baby in Feb, & chose not to return to my full time job, because, at the time, my partner made more than enough to get our family through. However, shortly after the birth of our daughter, he was laid off as well. He's had a couple odds & ends jobs, but nothing permanent or enough to keep up with all bills. My old position at work is no longer available.We've cut back on everything we can, & have been living off savings, & money borrowed. We are currently $1,000 behind on rent, & are facing eviction. We just need enough to get through til the end of this month, when hopefully BOTH of us will have new jobs (& baby sitters - 3 children total live with us.) Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Roche
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:57 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by Roche » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:58 am

I need help for rent immediately, I lost everything an I am almost pleading for help for rent a few bills, I am trying to find a job an I know it won't be enough..I really need help immediately, do you know anyone that can help me. I was living in the street an I am afraid going back. I sold almost everything to get money even my car..Let me know if an how I can get help immediately...In El Cajon Ca 92019 Everyone I called said they will help me an never call back..I am also fighting depression..Thanks for the information.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by Admin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:49 am

At the main site we do have many San Diego and El Cajon rent assistance focused agencies and programs. Many provide support for housing issues, emergency rent help, and other financial aid. Many have waiting lists, so not sure about immediate help. But call for rent assistance in San Diego and ask around.
Roche wrote:I need help for rent immediately, I lost everything an I am almost pleading for help for rent a few bills, I am trying to find a job an I know it won't be enough..I really need help immediately, do you know anyone that can help me. I was living in the street an I am afraid going back. I sold almost everything to get money even my car..Let me know if an how I can get help immediately...In El Cajon Ca 92019 Everyone I called said they will help me an never call back..I am also fighting depression..Thanks for the information.

MDouglas
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:18 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by MDouglas » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:20 am

I need money to move I have a person willing to rent me a place in Denver but I have no up front deposit money and I really need to get settled before my kids start school. I applied for welfare and government poverty programs which is pending and by the time it is approved this place at this amount will not be available. Please help as I have found housing, much cheaper than I am currently paying. My income is low and I need Rental Assistance for First Month's Rent($1350.00) and Security Deposit.($1350.00)-due 8/30/2011.. If someone can contact me , I would greatly appreciate it.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by Admin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:56 am

Not sure about moving expenses. Not too many programs will pay for that. More than likely you can get money for first months rent, security deposit, or ongoing regular recurring rent. There are a number of agencies to call for rent help in Denver Colorado. We have a listing of rent assistance in Denver programs, charities, and government programs. Give them a call for help. Places like St. Paul Local Assistance Ministry (720) 274-4710 as well as the Denver Good Shepherd, Saint Vincent de Paul Society (303) 322-7706
MDouglas wrote:I need money to move I have a person willing to rent me a place in Denver but I have no up front deposit money and I really need to get settled before my kids start school. I applied for welfare and government poverty programs which is pending and by the time it is approved this place at this amount will not be available. Please help as I have found housing, much cheaper than I am currently paying. My income is low and I need Rental Assistance for First Month's Rent($1350.00) and Security Deposit.($1350.00)-due 8/30/2011.. If someone can contact me , I would greatly appreciate it.

LiLi
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:09 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by LiLi » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:18 am

I am running out of time,looking at being homeless with my son, he is 16 and in school haven't been able to fine a job,I have applied for SSI disability for my son in February, just taking to long to hear back sure I will get it for him, did one other time when I wasn't working but going to lose our home if I can't get any help or a job, by the end of this month we have no where to go,no money to put our belongings in storage.not sure if you can help or not but I would pay back whatever I borrowed from you, if that's something you do for people. If you can help or know how we can avoid eviction would appreciate it very much thanks for your time.

HotBabe
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 11:53 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by HotBabe » Wed May 16, 2012 12:02 am

Hi, i was laid off of work a few months back and have done whatever i could to pay rent well my money is completely out and have no resources at all to pay rent or any other bills. I have now received a three days notice to pay or quit my lease and that would leave me with no place else to go. I live in Victorville California. Please if u have any assistance you can provide i will forever be in your debt.

Phil Kritzman
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:50 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by Phil Kritzman » Sun May 20, 2012 8:58 am

I need help with my back rent in New Orleans. I can pay for next month. I am struggling to catch up. I can't get put out I have no where to go and two little boys. Please help me get back on my feet. I'm 2 months behind. I also need help on my electric bill. I have already used share and LIHEAP but the bill has gotten too high and I am now disconnected and I am asthmatic and I have an 18mon. old son. It is the summer so it is hot. I need assistance fast and also I need help on a one time rent and utility assistance. Please help if you can.

CanWeGe
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:28 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by CanWeGe » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 am

Hello,
I am pleading for assistance for me and my family. We are in Hattiesburg Mississippi and i have not been able to pay for my rent and car payments from May till date. I
am seeking for employment i have a baby girl 20months year old. i have been going for interviews but nothing yet. i am pleading if there is any assistance that can be render to me.

MPerry
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:50 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Poverty level, need help with rent and eviction

Post by MPerry » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:47 pm

I have tried several of the suggestions on your site with no luck. I have tried many times Catholic Charities in my area and they never return my call. I tried the local Action agency, Salvation Army etc. I live in Clearwater, Fl. I am a single mother of 3 and I was given a 3 day notice. I am in desperate need of help and don't know what to do. I would be grateful for any kind of financial assistance.

Post Reply