Find how to get help with rent
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Emergency Rental Assistance

Post by Admin »

That is expensive rent for Virginia. Trying to get $1500 to pay back rent from any agency is a lot to ask. Places usually give $50 here, or a $100 bucks there. Never that type of cash or funding. However you can locate information and ideas for Hampton Roads Virginia area emergency rental assistance. Can you just drive to the local church, as that ensures they need to see you. They can ignore a voice mail, but can't ignore a face to face visit. You are welcome for help and suggestions.
supreme wrote:Dear Sir/Madam:
I have been trying for several weeks to get some assistance in regard to paying my rent. I have not yet paid my rent for March 2012 and currently owe $1540. DSS will not help me because I am working and have a small income. I live in Hampton, VA I have 2 children at home 18 and 12. the 18 years who is a senior this year was just sent back to us after being in a school and she is special needs and needs hand on care and cannot be left alone. My youngest is doing great. My husband has been out of work Since February and things are beginning to snow ball and I don't know where else to turn. I had one local church that was pretty positive that they could help but, I have left multiple voicemails and they are not returning any of my calls. I really don't want to put out on the street and I am begging for someone to help me. My property manager suggested I reach out. Thank you in advance for you time and consideration.
Manis

Post by Manis »

HI, I need help just once with some assistance for rent. I am disabled and I just moved to Dallas and used my check to get all of my furniture out of storage now. I am behind and don’t want to be evicted I just need about 350.00 to pay deposit and 150 for rent. I do have some of the rent but only 295. Of it my SSI check is 628.00 but I have other bills and co pays if you could help please contact me.
Arod

Post by Arod »

I have a son and I'm pregnant now with my second and I'm about to lose my home. I ask please may you help me and my family I work and my boyfriend work but we got really behind this month because I been having to go back and forth to the hospital and my boyfriend is trying his best to be the best father he can. We need to keep a roof over our heads we all are on our needs asking for your help. My rent is 625 and if it don't get payed we will be living on the street. Thank you anything will be help full.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you are trying to do the right thing by working, husband looking for work, and taking actions like that. Also calling churches and other agencies in your region of Hampton Roads for emergency assistance is a good thing to do too. Unfortunately the demand for rent help is very high, and most agencies and charities have limited funding and/or waiting lists. Just keep trying. In the meantime, here is more info on Hampton Roads Virginia rental assistance.
Rose

Post by Rose »

My family and I are moving to a new house, and my husband has gotten arrested and now I have to come up with 500 dollars just to get my electric switched. He's going to be gone awhile and now I don't know what I’m going to do. I'm pregnant and have two boys ages 8 &10. I work for the state of Michigan so I only he paid once a month. The bill is in his name and I didn't know the bill was that high. I would have had the money but its all tied up in this new house. Please help my kids and I.
Biden

Post by Biden »

I've fallen behind on my rent and I've tried everything I could think of to pull myself out of this hole, but I realized that I can't do it on my own. I'm 27 years old I live in an one bedroom apartment in Birmingham AL. At one point in time I had most of the money to pay my rent but my leasing off returned my money orders demanding the full amount. In the process of them returning them back to me, they lost them. So I'm stuck in this situation and I have no idea how to fix it. Please help me!
Gourmet

Post by Gourmet »

Hello I'm a single mother and I have a 6 year old son. I can't get child support or help from his dad because he passed away. We were engaged at the time, but he was only 21 when he died and doesn't qualify for SSI. We really need help getting into a place as we are homeless and staying in a garage right now. I've called 211 which looked up all emergency resources/funds available and there is nothing at all. I don't see how that is possible. I even had a 1 hour phone appointment with the lady who was supposed to help.
Please, if you know of any help please let me know. I keep getting referred back to Community Action or 211 and that is the 1st place I've called. I feel as though I have run out of options for rent money. I was going to college and only a few credits short of graduating, I had Financial Aid for support but because I became homeless I was suspended from Financial Aid. I just don't know what to do anymore. I am at rock bottom, I have never been here before and need help back up :(
Advair

Post by Advair »

Facing eviction. I need help in staying in my townhouse. I don't have the resources to pay the back rent. I'm new to the state and fallen on hard time health issues prevent me from steady employment. My children are currently working and going to school. I'd like to be able to finish school myself and learn a trade. I've been a homemaker for the last 35 years.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well there are some agencies in Jefferson County that may be able to help you with housing. As based on your message, it sounds like you are trying to help yourself, have done all you can, have initiative, etc. So you just need a little assistance to push you over the hurdle. So try these emergency rent assistance programs in Birmingham, and maybe they can support you on your journey.
Biden wrote: I'm 27 years old I live in an one bedroom apartment in Birmingham AL.