Unemployment doesn't cover rent

Find how to get help with rent
JareLis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Unemployment doesn't cover rent

Post by JareLis »

To whom it may concern:

My family and I are in need of just a little help. Currently we are renting the home we are in and looks like we will not be able to come up with December’s rent. My wife currently is unemployed (looking for work) and I am a unemployed student. I am receiving unemployment but as we have found that is not enough to cover our rent and to pay the other bills. We are truly “robbing peter to pay Paul” and are now short of money. Is there any way that we receive any type of assistance for a month?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Unemployment doesn't cover rent

Post by Admin »

It looks like you are in Florida, in Hernando County? If so, try this agency. Mid Florida Community Services. You may be able to qualify for the homeless prevention and rapid rehousing program. (352) 796-1425. This provides funds to people to prevent evictions. If qualified, you may be able to get up to 18 months worth of money to pay rent or housing expenses. Even utility and cooling bills in Florida!
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html

JareLis wrote:To whom it may concern:

My family and I are in need of just a little help. Currently we are renting the home we are in and looks like we will not be able to come up with December’s rent. My wife currently is unemployed (looking for work) and I am a unemployed student. I am receiving unemployment but as we have found that is not enough to cover our rent and to pay the other bills. We are truly “robbing peter to pay Paul” and are now short of money. Is there any way that we receive any type of assistance for a month?
Carolina

Post by Carolina »

I am unemployed and trying to find a job. I need help paying my 789 a month rent im looking for a job i can only do so much i have tried for benefits but was denied. My rent is due no car insurance and no money for either so by the 27th of feb no apartment. and a expired tag with no insurance i have been looking into car insurance companies but with no money to put down no insurance. i am scared don't know what to do. help us
bluegourami3

Post by bluegourami3 »

Instead of concentrating on getting a full time job, for your girlfriend, since she's working several evenings, have her look for another part time job during the day, 2 part time jobs will equal a full time job. This is what I've had to resort to during this economic downturn, and I keep looking for that full time job in the meantime. Something will turn around.
Gourmet

Post by Gourmet »

Hi, I am a single mother of 3. I lost my job 11-27-14 due to client passing.
I wasn't able to find another before my landlord took me to eviction court. The judge gave me until 2-25-15 to be out. I've found a place, DSS has opened my case last week, however they will not assist with a security deposit and my unemployment is not enough money.
They gave several different numbers for possible help in Rochester NY. Everyone has no funding.
I don't want my children 9, 10 in age to live in a shelter. I have all paperwork to prove eviction and move in date from new landlord.
Department of social services (DSS) will not pay back rent so they advised me to move because I CANT AFFORD CURRENT RENT $925.
I'm still seeking new employment at this time. I have a few interviews lined up for next week, however not soon enough to have the $800 security deposit.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, we have several more phone numbers to dial for possible rent help in Rochester New York. While we can't impact what funding some agency has or doesn't have, we offer information. But since DSS is not helping, you have no job and 3 kids to support, your best option may be to move to a shelter in Monroe County. Then, eventually, you can save money and pay for the rent and deposit. Learn about other rent and deposit assistance programs in Rochester.
Gourmet wrote:Hi, I am a single mother of 3. I lost my job 11-27-14 due to client passing.
I wasn't able to find another before my landlord took me to eviction court. The judge gave me until 2-25-15 to be out. I've found a place, DSS has opened my case last week, however they will not assist with a security deposit and my unemployment is not enough money.
They gave several different numbers for possible help in Rochester NY. Everyone has no funding.
I don't want my children 9, 10 in age to live in a shelter. I have all paperwork to prove eviction and move in date from new landlord.
Department of social services (DSS) will not pay back rent so they advised me to move because I CANT AFFORD CURRENT RENT $925.
I'm still seeking new employment at this time. I have a few interviews lined up for next week, however not soon enough to have the $800 security deposit.
Dow30000

Post by Dow30000 »

I am a 62 year old disabled recently unemployed single parent of a 21 year old college student who lives at home with me.  We are struggling to pay bills with my meager unemployment check - while I am very grateful to have it, the unemployment barely covers the cost of rent.  The TV and internet have been cut off, and bills that are due that I have no money to pay include phone, water, gas, electric, gasoline and expenses like toilet paper and shampoo that food banks don't provide.
Please tell me what I need to do in order to apply for assistance.  I am willing to do whatever necessary to get help.  I am actively looking for a job, but my age and my disability are hurting my chances of finding another corporate job.  I am very interested in legitimate work-from-home opportunities (no selling) as well as rent help for the unemployed.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.  It is greatly appreciated!