Roommate left with rent due

Find how to get help with rent
Thomas
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Roommate left with rent due

Post by Thomas »

hello my name is amy. i heard about this program and am in desperate need for help. i recently had a roommate who left without letting me know ahead of time so i can get the bills and rent under control and now my utility bills are high and i dont have enough money to pay it all. i have a 2 year old daughter with me and cant afford to have the utilities shut off on us. if there is anyway possible you can help me out it will be very greatly appreciated. my email address is and i live in california. my phone number is if you would like to call me that may work. i can't believe my roommate did this to me
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Roommate left with rent due

Post by Admin »

There are different programs in Kern County California, which seems to be where you are from. I think you can probably decide to sue the roommate, or go into small claims court against them to get your money. Small claims court won't cost you anything to file in. In the meantime, try some of these various agencies and non-profits in Kern County.
Call the Kern Count United Way at 661-834-1820. They fund and partner with local charities and non-profits.
Another option is the Community Action Partnership of Kern, which may offer emergency rental payments. Dial 398-4520
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
Thomas wrote:hello my name is amy. i heard about this program and am in desperate need for help. i recently had a roommate who left without letting me know ahead of time so i can get the bills and rent under control and now my utility bills are high and i dont have enough money to pay it all. i have a 2 year old daughter with me and cant afford to have the utilities shut off on us. if there is anyway possible you can help me out it will be very greatly appreciated. my email address is and i live in california. my phone number is if you would like to call me that may work. i can't believe my roommate did this to me
KaSandra

Post by KaSandra »

I am in such of help to pay my rent. My family is weeks away from being asked to leave due to being late on rent for the past 2 months. My wife and I both work and care for our kids and are also full time students using the GI Bill and over the summer our roommates ran up our bills and stopped paying their half of the rent. We fronted the bills till our savings and school money stopped and now are falling behind on bills due to lack of funds. We have sold most of everything of value in our home. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your roommate skipped town without paying the rent, and if they were under lease, then sue them. Use small claims court if need be. Also try some of the free legal aid resources out there if you need representation. Click more information.