Housing assistance programs

Find how to get help with rent
Bw19
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:03 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Housing assistance programs

Post by Bw19 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:13 am

To whom it may concern:

My name is Alina Brown. I am looking for some assitance program for housing. I am currently married and living at Scott AFB, however I am planning to separate and divorce. I am trying to have a place to live before the divorce. Being military the divorce takes 30 days to complete and I can stay here up to that time, however I know there are waiting lists for assisted living housing. I was hoping maybe you could point me in the right direction. I am not currently in an abusive situation however there are abusive tendency and I'd rather not go down that road. It will just be me and my daughter needing an apt. I have filled out an application for St. Clair County Housing Authority which I will fax in tomorrow...if I an find a fax number. I am trying to get my hands on anything and everything I can. I don't want to start the divorce process until I know for sure I'll have somewhere to go within the 30 days it takes to finalize the divorce. I'm not sure that's possible but right now I'm grasping at thin air.

I am currently employed, however the hours vary. Right now I'm getting full time hours but in a week or two it could be less. It depends on staff and child ratios. I work at Leaps and Bound Learning Center.

If you have any information on housing programs for me I would really appreciate it.


Thanks so much for your help!

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7226
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by Admin » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:52 pm

St. Clair County in what state? I would assume Illinois as I think that is the largest St. Clair County in the country. If so, try these places for housing assistance.
St. Clair County Community Action Agency offers LIHEAP, weatherization, rent and housinh help. Phone (618) 277-6790.
Another option for housing help is the Housing Counseling and Assistance Center, and their number is 888-397-5730.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pr1.html
Is a link that has more info and programs.
Bw19 wrote:To whom it may concern:

My name is Alina Brown. I am looking for some assitance program for housing. I am currently married and living at Scott AFB, however I am planning to separate and divorce. I am trying to have a place to live before the divorce. Being military the divorce takes 30 days to complete and I can stay here up to that time, however I know there are waiting lists for assisted living housing. I was hoping maybe you could point me in the right direction. I am not currently in an abusive situation however there are abusive tendency and I'd rather not go down that road. It will just be me and my daughter needing an apt. I have filled out an application for St. Clair County Housing Authority which I will fax in tomorrow...if I an find a fax number. I am trying to get my hands on anything and everything I can. I don't want to start the divorce process until I know for sure I'll have somewhere to go within the 30 days it takes to finalize the divorce. I'm not sure that's possible but right now I'm grasping at thin air.

I am currently employed, however the hours vary. Right now I'm getting full time hours but in a week or two it could be less. It depends on staff and child ratios. I work at Leaps and Bound Learning Center.

If you have any information on housing programs for me I would really appreciate it.


Thanks so much for your help!

CSheen
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:39 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by CSheen » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:45 am

Hello, my dad desperately needs help paying our rent and help with housing costs. Our landlord is threatening to kick us out, if we don't give him all the money by the 23rd of this month. I am trying very hard to find some help for my dad, so that he is not alone in this. He name is Luis and he is going to be 61 this year, an it's very hard on him with having 6 kids, and being a single parent and all. I am only turning 17 next month and i am pregnant again, so it's hard for my dad this year. We are all underaged and so therefore cannot help him. WE ARE NOT AFTER MONEY, BUT JUST LOOKING FOR HELP, THAT IS ALL. PLEASE IF YOU CAN HELP MY DAD OUT, THAT WOULD BE GREAT! THANK YOU FOR HEARING ME OUT!

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7226
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by Admin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Maybe look into a section 8 rent assistance program. It is government funded and I think may be able to help people, including your dad, with rent and emergency situations. It may also be able to assist you as it sounds like you have some troubles as well.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... using.html
CSheen wrote:Hello, my dad desperately needs help paying our rent and help with housing costs. Our landlord is threatening to kick us out, if we don't give him all the money by the 23rd of this month. I am trying very hard to find some help for my dad, so that he is not alone in this. He name is Luis and he is going to be 61 this year, an it's very hard on him with having 6 kids, and being a single parent and all. I am only turning 17 next month and i am pregnant again, so it's hard for my dad this year. We are all underaged and so therefore cannot help him. WE ARE NOT AFTER MONEY, BUT JUST LOOKING FOR HELP, THAT IS ALL. PLEASE IF YOU CAN HELP MY DAD OUT, THAT WOULD BE GREAT! THANK YOU FOR HEARING ME OUT!

Momar
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:58 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by Momar » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:59 am

I am a mother of four and have a grandbaby due to be born in one month. Although I am working, my husband is currently unemployed but looking for work and is unsuccessful so far. My family of six (soon to be seven) is living out of a motel and I cannot save money for security deposit on a new home. I am in desperation because I need to provide stable housing for my children and new grandbaby. Please help me if you can...

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7226
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by Admin » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:37 am

A housing program may be able to help get you out of a motel. Maybe pay for security deposit, or find low income housing for you. It is called section 8, and you will work with a dedicated counselor to find a new low income apartment or home, and it limits the amount of income you will need to pay towards rent at 30%. Alabama section 8 housing is probably the leading agency to call, and some of the phone numbers are Birmingham dial (205) 521-0773
Momar wrote:I am a mother of four and have a grandbaby due to be born in one month. Although I am working, my husband is currently unemployed but looking for work and is unsuccessful so far. My family of six (soon to be seven) is living out of a motel and I cannot save money for security deposit on a new home. I am in desperation because I need to provide stable housing for my children and new grandbaby. Please help me if you can...

Nurtaslim
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:54 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by Nurtaslim » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:58 am

Need housing as soon as possible in Milwaukee area. I am single on SSD and I am looking for work. Divorced. Did work while I was married. I do not have enough income since I've had unforeseen family concerns with my mother over a recent death in the family. I also need a temporary lease or one less than but not more than 6 months. I am from a rural area. I need some training so I can support myself. I need deposits, rental assistance, utility assistance. I have no car and do need one very desperately. Milwaukee bus service helps but can take way too long going from one end of the county to another and elsewhere.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7226
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by Admin » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:47 pm

You definitely have quite a few needs, so here is our all inclusive Milwaukke information. A number of agencies can help with housing needs, job training, and more. Select Milwaukee, Inc. may have some grants and housing aid, and they can be called at (414) 562-5070. They are HUD certified, and we are sure refer you to other local charities and agencies too.
Nurtaslim wrote:Need housing as soon as possible in Milwaukee area. I am single on SSD and I am looking for work. Divorced. Did work while I was married. I do not have enough income since I've had unforeseen family concerns with my mother over a recent death in the family. I also need a temporary lease or one less than but not more than 6 months. I am from a rural area. I need some training so I can support myself. I need deposits, rental assistance, utility assistance. I have no car and do need one very desperately. Milwaukee bus service helps but can take way too long going from one end of the county to another and elsewhere.

Mills
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:27 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by Mills » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:54 pm

Landlord has given me verbal confirmation that if I do not pay my rent of $550 for April to is seizing my property Monday morning and kick me out of my house. Currently I am on maternity leave from my job and only income I receive is my sons Ssi checking. I would like to dispute this because he has not taken me to court and the fact that me and my children are living here unsafely my roof leaks. I still have no stove and it stipulates I should have one in my lease and my electricity on one side of my house does not work and I use extension cords to plug up my fridge into a different outlet. I have a better and safer home for us but will not be able to move by Monday and need help with my rent just for this month please.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7226
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by Admin » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:43 am

You waited too long to ask for help. You need to provide more notice, apply for programs, and take other steps. Find more information on Buchanan County Missouri rental and housing programs here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/buc ... e_pro.html We also have information on free legal aid and resources in Missouri in case you do get taken to court by your landlord, so explore the site for that information as well. As far as stove and housing issues, maybe look into weatherization programs.
Mills wrote:Landlord has given me verbal confirmation that if I do not pay my rent of $550 for April to is seizing my property Monday morning and kick me out of my house. Currently I am on maternity leave from my job and only income I receive is my sons Ssi checking. I would like to dispute this because he has not taken me to court and the fact that me and my children are living here unsafely my roof leaks. I still have no stove and it stipulates I should have one in my lease and my electricity on one side of my house does not work and I use extension cords to plug up my fridge into a different outlet. I have a better and safer home for us but will not be able to move by Monday and need help with my rent just for this month please.

Roker
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:42 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by Roker » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:09 pm

I am 20 years old and a mother of one. I moved into my apartment while working at my current job making 8.25 an hour. My manager recently cut my hours and my rent is due May 1st 2013 and I really needed help making the payment due to cut hours at my job. If you can me please email me back or contact me. I am living in Las Vegas, NV 89115.

Hickory
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:36 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by Hickory » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:43 pm

I am currently working but I am also currently homeless. I sleep at my friend’s houses or empty buildings when I can't find anywhere. I am looking for an apartment but with everywhere wanting both the first month’s rent and security deposit I am having no luck finding a place. I have gone thru Fayette county housing before but I am currently paying them back and cannot apply there until it is paid off. I was wondering if and how you would be able to help me. Please respond.

Brokaw
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:16 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by Brokaw » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Okay well currently I receive food assistance and Medicaid for both my kids and I. I was court ordered child support by my kids dad in the amount of $336.00 a month for both kids. unfortunately he has made little effort to pay this and owes $28,288.06 or more. I have been using my school disbursements to cover $300 the room I rent, as well as covering groceries. But now I have to find a place to live because the owner said the house is foreclosing. I am seeking the housing vouchers assistance, mainly because I can choose where to rent, and since I don't have a car, or transportation, I would find something that is near an elementary school so I can walk my boys to school, and near a shopping center where I can walk for groceries, and possibly find employment once settled. I was able to do all this, and achieve these things when I lived in South Carolina but my sister used to split the costs, and I was working at the time.
Recently my kids dad has gone to prison, so I can pretty much give up on relying on his help at all. Things tend to all fall apart at the same time, and never gives me a chance to get on my feet.
I don't mind if I have to pay it back later for the housing assistance. The university I attend are online classes, and my grades have been good, allowing me to get a scholarship for school. But I didn't apply for student aid, or monthly assistance, I don't know how to even accomplish this.
I have no debts, except for school which I won't have to pay back until I have completed my degree. I have been a full time student since October 08/2012. I have 20 credits already, and still earning. If I do my best and pass every class I will graduate in 2015 with my bachelors degree in business.

Hertyui
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:54 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by Hertyui » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:48 am

I am in severe risk of losing my home. I work so hard to maintain my grade point average at the university of Connecticut, I am a senior in the Bachelors of Business program there. I also operate a charitable organization providing fire dancing, acrobatics and self esteem building through Yoga sessions for foster children through DHS. I also work at the elementary school as a work study placement through Financial Aid. Due to extenuating circumstances, highly unfortunate and too complex for this notation, I have been served a termination of tenancy with no cause.
I am currently fighting as hard as I can, requesting extensions and offering petitions from fellow tenants but I am losing faith in the battle at hand. I have prayed for direction and fear that my own desperation is making me lose sight. So I am extending request:
I have no financial assets, my fiancé works so hard as a carpenter but suddenly he was laid off and coupled with the pending eviction, we are more than overwhelmed. I have maybe $300 but I will need deposit and first months rent. I don't know how we will pull this off but I am hoping that your services may be the blessing we have been hoping for. If you can help or refer me to another who could-- and even if you cannot, thank you so much for your consideration.
I get paid again in late March and we are looking for work. We will be able to do this if we can just get help relocating. All this stress and I am taking 16 credits in upper-division bachelor credits at the U, this is so much to manage. Any help at all would be much more than help. The termination is official on March 27 but we hope for an extension. I have perfect credit (nearly) and am in good standing for any rental agency. I will do anything it takes, I cannot be homeless and work this hard. Thank you again for help.

Lolli
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:45 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Housing assistance programs

Post by Lolli » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:49 am

I am a single mother of 3 kids. Twins who are 8 and a 6 year old. I got abused from their father for quite some time, finally left him. He does not pay his child support and I am losing my home this month. They are all in school and I do work but it is not enough to keep our home we been living at for the last 4 years. Can I find out information on how to get help with rent, housing and/or a place to stay? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Post Reply