Have medical condition and can't pay rent

Find how to get help with rent
Thevittores1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Have medical condition and can't pay rent

Post by Thevittores1 »

Hi please get back to me I have a medical condition and I am disabled I live in Scotch Plains New Jersey in a one bedroom apartment and I need help paying my rent
and apartment bills, they are very high. Please let me know if their is some kind of assistance I could get that will help my pay my rent
and utility bills. I don't want to loose my apartment. I have Severe Major Depression which caused me to become disabled, and I only feel
safe in my apartment.

Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Have medical condition and can't pay rent

Post by Admin »

Scotch Plain is in ?Union County New Jersey. Here is info on programs for you. For example, call the Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark (which has as its phone (908) 497-3900) or call the Elizabeth and Union County Salvation Army. Phone number (908) 851-9300, Both of these may be able to offer rent help, or help guide you through the process of filing for disability.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogra1.html
Thevittores1 wrote:Hi please get back to me I have a medical condition and I am disabled I live in Scotch Plains New Jersey in a one bedroom apartment and I need help paying my rent
and apartment bills, they are very high. Please let me know if their is some kind of assistance I could get that will help my pay my rent
and utility bills. I don't want to loose my apartment. I have Severe Major Depression which caused me to become disabled, and I only feel
safe in my apartment.

Thank you,
Terkqwe

Post by Terkqwe »

Hello I need assistance with my rent, I am disabled with a medical condition and receives social security monthly, but it is not enough, I am a college student trying to get my degree in healthcare reimbursement so that I can work even though I'm unable to work a full time job, but I need something to get by with my rent, bills, and also credit card debts. Please help me I have two sons under the age of 18 and only one of their father's pay child support which is not enough. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that you are trying to get a degree to help yourself over the long term. Did you look into HUD section 8 housing vouchers? If not, may be a good resource for you. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... using.html
General advice is here. Find your state HUD and section 8 programs about half way down the page.
Terkqwe wrote:Hello I need assistance with my rent, I am disabled with a medical condition and receives social security monthly, but it is not enough, I am a college student trying to get my degree in healthcare reimbursement so that I can work even though I'm unable to work a full time job, but I need something to get by with my rent, bills, and also credit card debts. Please help me I have two sons under the age of 18 and only one of their father's pay child support which is not enough. Thank you
Soccerlover

Post by Soccerlover »

I am trying to get my first apartment and I am having a very hard time finding a cheap apartment that meets my needs. Listings on cheap ( 400-600$ ) apartments in Tonawanda NY would be helpful. Also some information on what to do to get assistance to help me once I do get the apartment. Most likely i would only need move in rent/deposit help. I am an air force vet, with mental disabilities that make it impossible for me to go out in the world and support myself. I am bi-polar, among other things, but that is most recognizable. I am behind on my rent to where i have been threatened i will be kicked out. I have no family that will help and am in total despair. Please, is there any help for me to improve my life? Please contact me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

if you have limited income, and are looking into inexpensive, yet safe and clean apartments for Tonawanda New York, then you may want to explore the New York section 8 housing voucher program. It is funded by federal dollars, but run at the local level as well a state level. If you do have mental disability, or you on any other government housing programs, or medical care? If not, look into those services and programs too, as they exist.

Soccerlover wrote:I am trying to get my first apartment and I am having a very hard time finding a cheap apartment that meets my needs. Listings on cheap ( 400-600$ ) apartments in Tonawanda NY would be helpful. Also some information on what to do to get assistance to help me once I do get the apartment. Most likely i would only need move in rent/deposit help. I am an air force vet, with mental disabilities that make it impossible for me to go out in the world and support myself. I am bi-polar, among other things, but that is most recognizable. I am behind on my rent to where i have been threatened i will be kicked out. I have no family that will help and am in total despair. Please, is there any help for me to improve my life? Please contact me.
GoBrowns

Post by GoBrowns »

Good afternoon, I have been trying to locate the information needed to get help with rent. My husband was diagnosed one year ago yesterday with Type 1 diabetes and was in the Critical care unit at Stamford Hospital for three days. He was lucky to make it to age 42 without the disease ever being caught. With that being said we have been through a lot over this past year, lucky to have my husband still we are having some financial difficulties at this time. I thought I had taken enough money for flex spending to a lot for his medications and what not but we ran out at the end of October. His medications are very expensive and due to the holiday season we are having trouble making ends meet and being able to afford a Christmas for our children. I have researched this site for help but it seems every time I click on a link it takes me to the same place. If you all have any resources for helping pay rent during difficult times please let me know. I have already gone to DHS to see if we could get help with food and/or prescriptions but we do not qualify. We have been using local food pantries to help with some food and how appreciative we are to have them we still have to come out of pocket for perishables. We are just having a difficult time and last year were evicted due to the new expenses, loss of wages due to husband being sick and still having to get a few items for our children for last year's Christmas. Our rent was higher then and we did find another place that was cheaper to rent but now that we have had to purchase the medication as well as pay off the rest of my me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We know that Stamford is in Fairfield County Connecticut so we assume that is where you are looking for rent and medical help. If that is not correct please let us know. If it is correct then please find your details on Stmaford area rent assistance programs, and call organizations like the Action for Bridgeport Community Development (ABCD) for grants and advice.
GoBrowns wrote:Good afternoon, I have been trying to locate the information needed to get help with rent. My husband was diagnosed one year ago yesterday with Type 1 diabetes and was in the Critical care unit at Stamford Hospital for three days. He was lucky to make it to age 42 without the disease ever being caught. With that being said we have been through a lot over this past year, lucky to have my husband still we are having some financial difficulties at this time. I thought I had taken enough money for flex spending to a lot for his medications and what not but we ran out at the end of October. His medications are very expensive and due to the holiday season we are having trouble making ends meet and being able to afford a Christmas for our children. I have researched this site for help but it seems every time I click on a link it takes me to the same place. If you all have any resources for helping pay rent during difficult times please let me know. I have already gone to DHS to see if we could get help with food and/or prescriptions but we do not qualify. We have been using local food pantries to help with some food and how appreciative we are to have them we still have to come out of pocket for perishables. We are just having a difficult time and last year were evicted due to the new expenses, loss of wages due to husband being sick and still having to get a few items for our children for last year's Christmas. Our rent was higher then and we did find another place that was cheaper to rent but now that we have had to purchase the medication as well as pay off the rest of my me.
Povidence

Post by Povidence »

Dodge center, MN is where my 6 year old daughter and I are located. We need great help. We owe deposit and rent for October and if we don’t pay we are without housing. We cant afford to pay for even gas to get to appointments and our electricity. We are hurting bad and have no help, and also have a medical condition. Help is needed bad. I am in tears, and can't buy toys for my daughters first birthday this coming Friday because we gotta pay for transportation and gas. After that we don't have money for rent, deposit, toys, clothes for my little girl. I owe for phone. We owe, so we are hurting bad please help. I haven’t anybody no support system just me doing it all. Please help a single mom.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have many agencies and rent programs listed for the Minnesota and Hennepin County area. But you need to focus on that, and you mentioned clothes. That should be your last priority. Take care of the rent and other bills so you are not homeless. For advice, find more details on rent help in Minneapolis.