Criminal record and rent help

Find how to get help with rent
C14
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Criminal record and rent help

Post by C14 »

I am a recently released felon from Milwaukee WI.(rel. date 5/24/2010) I currently live with my mom. I thought I would get a job right after I got out, but the economy is so slow that I haven't found work. I have my name on file with several places along with my resume; my sister has been paying the rent for the past year but she can't do that forever and I feel so helpless. I am a state licensed sprinkler fitter and was making over $34/hr when I was sentenced for my OWI; I was not then nor have I ever been in any accident,since then my father has passed away(May 3rd 2009) and my brother was injured in a mugging(he is now in The Brain Injury Rehab Clinic in Milwaukee). We need some temporary help with our rent and will pay it all back after I get work. Any rent or housing information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Criminal record and rent help

Post by Admin »

Well, if you have a criminal record it will be more difficult, but nothing is impossible. Milwaukee does have some rent and housing programs, and call places such as the Social Development Commission at (414) 906-2700. Another option is the Catholic Charities of Milwaukee (920-684-6651), which of course I do not know if they help someone with a record. All you can do is call, tell them your story, and see what they say and if they will take your application.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html
C14 wrote:I am a recently released felon from Milwaukee WI.(rel. date 5/24/2010) I currently live with my mom. I thought I would get a job right after I got out, but the economy is so slow that I haven't found work. I have my name on file with several places along with my resume; my sister has been paying the rent for the past year but she can't do that forever and I feel so helpless. I am a state licensed sprinkler fitter and was making over $34/hr when I was sentenced for my OWI; I was not then nor have I ever been in any accident,since then my father has passed away(May 3rd 2009) and my brother was injured in a mugging(he is now in The Brain Injury Rehab Clinic in Milwaukee). We need some temporary help with our rent and will pay it all back after I get work. Any rent or housing information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Maxie Mac

Post by Maxie Mac »

Hello, I am looking for help with paying my rent. I have a family of 4 and I am not able to afford to pay my rent. I recently received another job as it was hard due to my criminal past, but both my checks cannot cover my rent. Right now I am short $2800 for rent due to $700 dollars I was not able to pay for last month.
I am going to school as well. I am trying. Both my roommates have other situations going on as well which is also making us short. One roommate can only work part time and the other is having money trouble as also has a record. But we are all working together to try and make this happen. But we are falling short. At this time anything will.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have several rent assistance programs for you and yoiur family of 4 to try. They may give you a loan or grant, but either way they may be able to get you back on track. Try them and find more details on the main site.
Maxie Mac wrote:Hello, I am looking for help with paying my rent. I have a family of 4 and I am not able to afford to pay my rent.