In need of urgent assistance

Find how to get help with rent
juana10
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

In need of urgent assistance

Post by juana10 »

I lost my mother in March 2009 from health complications. I was a full caretaker for her so she helped me with the utilities while we were living together. My daughter lost her job after working for a car dealership for 6 1/2 years.

After all this that happened, we had no choice but to move in with my brother because we could not afford the place that we were renting. While my daughter started collecting unemployment, I began looking for work, in which I had no luck in finding. My daughter and me got together and started going everywhere to apply and still nothing.

Time passed and my brother gave us the news that he was losing his house in Miami, so he was planning to move to his other house in Palm Bay, Fl. We started finding a place to move while still looking for work. Finally, we found a place, which is the one that we are living in now. I did not have enough money to move out with my daughter and son, because the money that was coming in from the unemployment from my daughter was being used to help my brother and his family out as well.

My brother was able to provide me with the money to move into the new place in Homestead. The amount he lend us was $800 for the first month rent and $400 for half of the security. My daughter was able to gather with her final unemployment checks enough money to turn on the utilities, buy few grocery items and have money for gas. My daughter and me were able to apply for food stamps, so food is covered for the time being.

Now, the reason I am sending this email in search of help is because my daughter has found a part time job, but I am still unemployed and are in need of help to pay the rent we still owe. We went to the Community Action Agency in search of help and they said that we had to have received an eviction notice for them to help us out. We just moved into this place and the owner has been extremely nice to us in giving us time to pay the backed up rent that we still owe so we really do not want to get to that point.

We went to a place called Mujer, Inc. and they were able to assist us with $400 for the rent, which we put towards July's rent. Also, with my daughter working, she was able to gather $200 that we used to put towards July as well, but we still owe another $200 to complete the rent for July...plus, we owe $800 for the month of August and we might not have the rent for October either.

Please help us. We really want to be able to stay in our place. I don't want to have my family thrown out into the streets. We live in Homestead, Fl. Miami-Dade County. Any type of information will be so helpful.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: In need of urgent assistance

Post by Admin »

Thanks you for the detailed information, and in particular the county/area that you live in and are seeking help for. Here is info on programs and agencies in the Miami Dade County Florida area.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html

Try the Dade County Homeless Trust which is running the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program. 1-877-994-HELP
Another option in Miami may be the Catholic Charities Emergency Services (305) 759-3050 or the Camillus Trust.
There are these and many other options noted in the link above.

juana10 wrote:I lost my mother in March 2009 from health complications. I was a full caretaker for her so she helped me with the utilities while we were living together. My daughter lost her job after working for a car dealership for 6 1/2 years.

After all this that happened, we had no choice but to move in with my brother because we could not afford the place that we were renting. While my daughter started collecting unemployment, I began looking for work, in which I had no luck in finding. My daughter and me got together and started going everywhere to apply and still nothing.

Time passed and my brother gave us the news that he was losing his house in Miami, so he was planning to move to his other house in Palm Bay, Fl. We started finding a place to move while still looking for work. Finally, we found a place, which is the one that we are living in now. I did not have enough money to move out with my daughter and son, because the money that was coming in from the unemployment from my daughter was being used to help my brother and his family out as well.

My brother was able to provide me with the money to move into the new place in Homestead. The amount he lend us was $800 for the first month rent and $400 for half of the security. My daughter was able to gather with her final unemployment checks enough money to turn on the utilities, buy few grocery items and have money for gas. My daughter and me were able to apply for food stamps, so food is covered for the time being.

Now, the reason I am sending this email in search of help is because my daughter has found a part time job, but I am still unemployed and are in need of help to pay the rent we still owe. We went to the Community Action Agency in search of help and they said that we had to have received an eviction notice for them to help us out. We just moved into this place and the owner has been extremely nice to us in giving us time to pay the backed up rent that we still owe so we really do not want to get to that point.

We went to a place called Mujer, Inc. and they were able to assist us with $400 for the rent, which we put towards July's rent. Also, with my daughter working, she was able to gather $200 that we used to put towards July as well, but we still owe another $200 to complete the rent for July...plus, we owe $800 for the month of August and we might not have the rent for October either.

Please help us. We really want to be able to stay in our place. I don't want to have my family thrown out into the streets. We live in Homestead, Fl. Miami-Dade County. Any type of information will be so helpful.
juana10

Post by juana10 »

Thank you for the information admin. I called the two numbers that you have posted and the Catholic Charities told me that they do not have any funds for rental assistance. As for the other phone number, I just called and the gentleman that answered told me that I will need to have a court order eviction notice so they can help me. All I have is an eviction notice but through the landlord only.

I am going to check out the link that you have posted to see if I find anything there that might help me and my family. If there is any other type of place that you or anyone might find out that are helping, please let me know.

Thank you
Synthos

Post by Synthos »

Hello I have been trying to get help in Bergen County NJ an everywhere I go for some reason I cant get help I am back in rent 3 months an facing eviction on June 30th 2012 so I ask do you know where I should be able to get some help. I’m currently unemployed for about 4 months and the person I live with is disabled we were sharing some bills up until I could barely help and things fell back I was being garnished money for child support and barely had any money left to survive on so she started to spend her money trying to keep up everything and everywhere we go question us about where her part was going. I do understand there are guidelines in any case there has to be some where we can turn instead of becoming homeless. Thanks for your help if you can just let me know I will appreciate it.
NigelM

Post by NigelM »

My husband and I were just served a 7 day notice to pay up our back rent or get out. We are only a month behind and looking for help right now to get it paid. I haven't been able to find anything in Montana that can help us. Community Action Partnership can only help with our gas bill but not our rent. We have hit hard times and trying to get back on our feet but having a hard time. I looked on your site at the list of states you have and you don't have Montana listed so i was wondering if there is any assistance available for us in Montana. Please let me know if you know anything. Thank you
PlaceLikeThis

Post by PlaceLikeThis »

Need help getting a place to live. My mother sold the house we was living in out from under us with only 2 weeks to get out. My husband work in the plants but is laid off for 3 weeks. We found a cheap place with a 250 deposit and 400 rent but coming up with that is hard right now. I just don't want to be homeless with my two baby's. Please let me know if I can get help. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Your email wasn't very specific. Such as where are you looking for rent help? Most assistance programs are local. There are some national services like Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing, but funding is winding down for those. If you provide more details on your housing request our reply may be more helpful. Until then, our main resource for rent assistance gives tons of details. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html
Partenner

Post by Partenner »

I am currently stay in Dallas, TX but I'm trying to stay in Garland, TX of which my kids go to school. So far we have been approved for an apartment but need help with first months rent and electricity set up. My husband and I are both Marine Corps vets and we tried going through many place and was told there no funds available for our kind of assistance we need until march of next year! We don't know what to do or where else to go! Can you help us please?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Veterans should have special programs, such as SSVF or others that can help with a deposit. Did you call any of those agencies in Dallas? If not, we have many listed, and they may be able to help you. So learn about different options available, and locate Dallas rent and deposit programs.
ceueller

Post by ceueller »

I stopped working to take care of my dad who was dying. I had enough money for rent and bills, but my bank too out everything but $300.00. I asked the bank if I could appeal as I feel that they are legally wrong in what they did. So consequently, it is the 2nd of July and I can't pay my rent. I have applied for unemployment, but even if I am approved, it won't get here in time to pay my rent. What do I do in this matter, as it is now urgent? I've never had to ask for help before.