Renting from a slum lord

Find how to get help with rent
Lawnizcek
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Renting from a slum lord

Post by Lawnizcek »

I’m disabled with a bladder disease. I have a 17 year old son and a hard working husband. We were evicted and must leave 7/23 as we rented from a slum lord who refused to fix water damage, mold, aAC etc. I need help immediately.
I just had surgery in my bladder last week and the stress in causing so much additional pain. I am not asking for money I don’t think, what I need is someone to help talk to an apartment complex or landlord and have them give us a chance to rent from them. We have rent for the month plus deposit. We will get a co-signer. I’ve contact private landlords, local apartments, realtors and been denied by all. We came into financial problems years ago but have steady good income now and for a while. No one will find it in their heart that my son needs a bed a place to call home.
bigbendez
anti spam: Blue

Re: Renting from a slum lord

Post by bigbendez »

Hey, I am needing rental assistance in Habersham county. Not only are we renting from a slum lord who does not maintain the home for us, but the reasoning for it is back in December my fiance had a heart attack which required open heart surgery (a double bypass). He is only 26. That put him out of work for about 8 weeks.
We got behind on all bills when that happened. He has now went back to work and making full checks but we are behind a month and not able to get caught up. The first two months back at work he only brought home $85 due to them doubling up on his insurance and all. He has been at his job for almost 4 years. I was sitting with an elderly lady which now is in a nursing home. I have now started working part-time at Dairy queen to help until I can find better employment. We need to get a new apartment to rent, and get away from this old slumlord property.
We have 3 kids ages 10, 7, 5 that all live in the home with us. Our rent is 425.00 and if we could just get caught up, I know without a doubt, we will be OK. I am willing to repay whoever helps once we get on our feet....thank you so much and God bless!
ElsaJean

Post by ElsaJean »

I was evicted illegal by a slumlord in Minneapolis. My record will be expunged, but in the meantime I am homeless cold and in dire financial need. I have a job, but I just started at this job, and won't be paid yet. I found an apartment. But I need help due to renting from a slumlord. Please it's cold and I do to want to sleep out in the cold. 
Abbvie

Post by Abbvie »

Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my email. I am in search of help with my rent, I am behind almost 3 months. I live in Saint Charles in the 63301 zip code and my landlord is a slumlord. I have two little boys who are in school and I am unemployed due to Covid. I don't receive unemployment, at least not yet as I've not been able to get approved.
My biggest concern is rent, I can't seem to find any help to help me with where I am currently living and the slum landlord will not give me time. Do you have any guidance or suggestions for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.