Live in an unsafe HUD home

Find how to get help with rent
Butter
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Live in an unsafe HUD home

Post by Butter »

I really need help in what to do about landlord for my HUD supported apartment. We have been getting very sick, I kept smelling a overpower smell of mold, told landlord. It is so bad and not safe. The landlord never came so I paid $500 for before to find the problem, they found serious water leak under house. There was a pond of constant water and said there is a serious constant leaking problem and would damage and told us this is a hazard and to get out but we have no $ to do so.
It’s been 2 months and still nobody to fix the safety issues. I called health and sanitation department and he said it don't look good and called landlord and said needs to be fixed along with the backed up sewer with fecal and toilet paper that my 6 year old grandson was playing in, that how I found that. Been 2 months and no word. I been deathly sick and had to have CAT scan, they found a tumor in my lung that could possibly be mold, fungus bacterial. I have to have biopsy. We have headaches, bloody noses, and fever, too much to list.
My doctor wrote letter to HUD and said I’m severely suffering from mold toxify and need to move now. Well, my caseworker was very mean to me and said she needs proof there is mold, even though I had before "the biggest construction comp in the world" wrote a letter saying from his readings and the pond of water under home said as long as this has been leaking there very well could be alot of toxins from this but he said they need to take to lab to test but I can't afford that.
It’s so obvious how bad this is and he was in home for 15 minutes and hit him on not feeling well. I can't believe the landlord don’t want to fix his rental so he can continue to lease in the HUD program. We have done EVERYTHING we were asked to do plus some but nobody wants to do what is just right. This killed my Siamese and my dog is very sick with a severe cough, the vet said the reason my cat pulled his hair out till he bled was due to a very toxic allergy. I’m very scared and frustrated that this landlord and HUD are just leaving us here to die and are treating us badly because we had to complain. I don't get how people can be so uncaring. I wish they would come sit in the home for 15 minutes and see how they feel. Please somebody help me find a safe place to live or fix this apartment, I have 3 beautiful children and grandbabies I want to see grow up, the thought of moving sounds horrific because I’m so weak and sicker from this mold. I been running fevers everyday now for month. Thank you so much for reading this and hope I hear back from someone soon, have a great day and that you kindly:
MacroCar
anti spam: Blue

Re: Live in an unsafe HUD home

Post by MacroCar »

Hello, I am a resident in the state of Georgia and I live in a HUD home which I think is unsafe. My address is Marietta GA 30067. I am requesting to have some assistance in paying my rent this month. My rent is $676 but the HUD complex is saying I owe $930 because of a credit I was supposed to receive that was never placed on my account. The complex recently was bought out and the office staff change their policy has also change and the don’t allow arrangements on the rent. I am at risk of getting evicted from the HUD home if the balance is not paid by December 3rd, please assist me with this issue. Or help me move to a safe home. I have 2 kids that don’t deserve to be put out, but it been really hard these past month to support ourselves. Thank You so much for hearing me out, if you need to reach me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

that is the Cobb County area. Maybe a non-profit or charity in Marietta can get you into a new, safer home. Or maybe they can help you pay the back rent on your HUD home. Try this for rent assistance in Cobb County.
MacroCar wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:57 am Hello, I am a resident in the state of Georgia and I live in a HUD home which I think is unsafe. My address is Marietta GA 30067. I am requesting to have some assistance in paying my rent this month. My rent is $676 but the HUD complex is saying I owe $930 because of a credit I was supposed to receive that was never placed on my account. The complex recently was bought out and the office staff change their policy has also change and the don’t allow arrangements on the rent. I am at risk of getting evicted from the HUD home if the balance is not paid by December 3rd, please assist me with this issue. Or help me move to a safe home. I have 2 kids that don’t deserve to be put out, but it been really hard these past month to support ourselves. Thank You so much for hearing me out, if you need to reach me.
Ram

Post by Ram »

Good evening, I am writing because I am extremely concerned. I recently moved to a location that is unsafe, but managed by HUD where I am not safe. I have a security camera outside but constantly people are surrounding my door and I do not feel safe. There are drugs, guns etc. around my neighborhood. I am stuck in that place because I do not have enough money to pay for a security deposit in a different location. I am a single mother with three kids, my husband left us without financial help. I am looking to move to a safer area, I am a single mother working on getting a diploma so that I can become a bilingual teacher. I do have a job, but I do not make enough money to sustain my kids thus the unsafe HUD home. If I can get help with a security deposit and one- or two-month assistant with paying my rent, I can get back on my feet. I am not sure where to ask for help, everywhere that I call, I do not get help that I am looking for.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your home is unsafe, then look into other HUD homes or section 8 voucher programs. They have many options out there. Most counties/cities have an agency to call. But we have local states phone numbers here, on the website. Find applications for section 8 HUD homes.