Small claims court with landlord

Find how to get help with rent
Girl34
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Small claims court with landlord

Post by Girl34 »

Hey there, my names Tristen, I hate asking for help and acting like everything is okay, but I’ve called literally everyone and no one seems to care about my landlord and their illegal actions. My mom’s on meth and even my grandma is yelling at me telling me. It’ll be fine, but I don’t think she really understands...so where do I start.
My baby...she’s 2 weeks now. Okay and I got approved for a new apartment I’m supposed to move in tomorrow but i have small claims court. So first my landlords are trash and didn’t want to renew my lease not even a month after I have my baby. And I didn’t even find that out until a month before having to move out so that left me no time to find one, so I found one eventually but the lady that helped me out was new and didn’t know what she was talking about.
She told me ‘since move in date is the13th you only have to pay half the rent(455) and then the deposit 30 days after you move in’ well that’s not the case. I have to pay half the rent and half the deposit and then I don’t have to pay the other half until move in date. I’ve already moved in and got August rent paid for(by pulling myself into further debt). My lease on my old apartment doesn’t end until the 31st, which is GREAT except I am currently fighting to take my landlords for TWO different cases already as it is.
One of them because there’s MICE EVERYWHERE I have pictures and everything it’s so bad. It is under my baby’s crib they crawl around and touch my baby’s things pee and poop everywhere, and I am a clean person. I’ve had to tell them for three consecutive months now that this needs to be fixed. The other reason for small claims court with the landlord because earlier in the lease the landlord texted me saying ‘hey if you ever need to use your deposit for August’s rent you sure can we understand. Well when this month’s rent was due I was still waiting on my money that was in the mail (it was a grant for me being on maternity leave that I signed up for)and so I sent her the verification letter stating it’s on its way.
Well it was staking too long and I told her just to take it out of the deposit and so now she refuses to do so and the late fee is 50 a day so I’m in the middle of filing small claims for that. Not only that but my baby’s father doesn’t have a job and hasn’t had one since we’ve been together. My cars in terrible shape it’s about to break down.
I’m -500 in my bank account because my bills just keep taking it out I don’t know WHY IVE GONE INTO MY BANK SEVERAL TIMES asking to take the overdraft off and now that it’s in the negative I can’t shut it down.
I don’t have September rent, same goes for my phone and car bill in that month.
I don’t even care about those just rent till I can figure it out. I don’t have money for my car bill or my phone bill so it’s about to get towed and I was just REALLY wondering if you could help me out with maybe like 100-200 dollars to get closer to paying rent because I’ll really have nowhere to stay?????
I’ll pay you back as soon as I go back to work which is September 6th and if you can’t that’s fine but I really have called everyone and done everything this last month and I’m so tired of everyone telling me oh I’m sorry. Uh well I know that if you call this place they can help you and then I call them and nothing works because I have a CAR in my name that makes me ineligible  or like a PHONE or I’m not homeless. RIGHT THIS SECOND or because the baby’s father IS LIVING WITH ME. And so, I’m practically a single mom doing this by myself. All my family is in Montana, and I’m about to lose it I can’t do this by myself and that’s how desperate I am is I’m literally searching help with rent on Facebook.
Greenwich
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Small claims court with landlord

Post by Greenwich »

To whom it may concern,
After serving 6 years as a combat medic in the U.S. Army, including two combat tours in Iraq, my service-connected back injury was aggravated on the job recently and required surgery this August.  
We received notice last week from our landlord that our residence in Weslaco, TX, will be sold in January and we are bring him to court.  We have until the end of the month to move out our family of six, including our 12-year-old boy, Jove, and our and three daughters, Olivia, Alexandria, and Mariana, ages 5, 4, and 2, respectively.  We are bring the landlord to small claims court too.
The timing of this challenge is especially hard now because I have gone into debt while unable to perform the duties of my job at the McAllen, TX post office while recovering from back surgery.
These setbacks mean that our Christmas is going to be difficult this year so I am looking around for information and organizations that may help a veteran and his family-in-need during the holidays.  
I am hoping to provide gifts for our four children between 2 and 12-years-old, but please share any veteran assistance information you may have.