MrWilliams
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Storage facility in NYC bill is due

Post by MrWilliams »

Good morning,
Do you help pay a storage bill?
I live in the Bronx, NY, in NYC. I have most of my personal belongings in a storage facility in White Plains, NY. My belongings are now up for auction October 18, 2021. I was told by the store manager at Cube Smart that I will have to pay the bill no later than October 17th.
I used to live in White Plains. I lost the apartment I was living in in NYC. After I got laid off from my job in 2020, the only jobs I could get were temporary assignments, they were too far and too few. When I selected that storage facility I had just completed a temporary assignment. It seemed cheaper than the storage facilities in the Bronx and more economical to have them moved to a place in White Plains. I had to pay a moving company.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Storage facility in NYC bill is due

Post by Admin »

Storage bill help is rare, in all parts of the country. Generally any funds, which are limited, go to rent, utilities, etc. to stop evictions. But you can try to apply for emergency rent help in NYC and the Bronx.
MrWilliams wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:36 am Good morning,
Do you help pay a storage bill?
I live in the Bronx, NY, in NYC.
Josette Ciceron

Post by Josette Ciceron »

The bill I need paying is for a storage unit in NYC. I've kept the unit going for 12 years. You can understand that since 2020 we've all been going through trying times.
My storage unit is 70 dollars a month. Due to lack of funds it has now got to the level of being close to auction.
I have personal effects in my storage unit, but my real concern is that I am a published author and my notes for my next two books are in my unit. I live in Mexico and my unit is in NYC and the bill is 320 dollars.
My earnings have gone up recently whereby I would be able to maintain my unit. I just need assistance with paying this bill so I can get back on track and just deal with monthly payments.
It's causing me a great deal of distress to think that my writings may end up in the hands of complete strangers because I was financially challenged.
It would mean a great deal to me if you could loan me 320 dollars and set up some kind of payment plan for financial renumeration.
Mark Jones third

Post by Mark Jones third »

To whom it may concern,
I don't know how to go about this. I've never had to ask for help before, and I don't even know if I'm at the right place to ask for the help I need in New York City. I'm looking for financial help or any resources that may lead to the proper channels that can help me with my situation. I'm desperately seeking help from anyone who can help me pay for my past due balance I owe for my storage unit in NYC. Everything that I own is inside that unit. My sentimental items from my mother who passed away when I was 17 years old, items that were my fiances that passed away 5 years ago, very important documents, medical records, financial documents, photos, my pets records, furniture, all my cloths, jewelry, artwork, paintings, an antique Tiffany lamp and that is just the tip of the ice burg. I cannot bare to lose another thing in my life. Here is a little background as to why I'm in this predicament right now. Keep in mind when the movers came to my apartment I had until midnight to vacate and at that point i had no where to move. Everything in my apartment went straight to a storage unit locally, in hopes I'd have another apartment within a couple of days. I left my old apartment with just the cloths on my back & my 2 dogs, their food & leashes....
I lost my apartment back in December 2022. I was evicted but went to court and made a deal with my landlord so as to avoid an unlawful detainer. I found another apartment and was scheduled to move in. The day before my move the property management called me on behalf of the landlord to inform me they are requesting that I have a co-signer. Apparently my credit score dropped 10 points (do to all the inquires I'm gathering) taking me below the required credit score of 600 that was needed to apply for the unit. My dad tried but he didn't make enough money so I ultimately turned away. I had to be out of my old apartment on a specific day to avoid the unlawful detainer per my agreement in court with my old landlord. I was unsuccessful in finding a new apartment so I needed a storage unit in NYC.
I did this because of my negative credit score. All my worldly belongings have been in storage and I've been homeless ever since. The $5,000 I had saved up to move into a new place was all used up the first month I was homeless paying for hotel rooms every single night.
My storage unit is going to be going up for auction on November 2nd. As it stands I owe $2,000 in past due charges, late fees & auction fees. I've managed to save $1,000 of it so far. It's been so difficult saving when I have to pay for a hotel room all by myself every single day because I'm to scared to sleep in my car. I'm pleading for help financially or for any resources that can assist me in any way with my storage unit. I will be more than happy to volunteer my time, as much of it as you need in leu of helping me save my storage unit. I will pay back any amount that is loaned to me in monthly payments. I will do anything to save my worldly belongings that I've worked so hard to get. I cannot lose everything over $1,000! Please help me!!!
I look very forward to hearing back from you soon. Have a wonderful day!