Find how to get help with rent
Garica
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rent for basement apartment

Post by Garica »

Hello! I hope you are all doing well.
My name is LALATE. I live in Newark, NJ in a basement that I could afford back then. With this Covid19, I lost my jobs, my days are becoming uncertain and I would like to know what kind of housing assistance I can get in order to relocate to a better place and pay the rent.
I made around $8000 last year due to the fact that I am a student and should be maintaining a great gap to not fall behind. I am on my own (no parents or kids or boyfriend to help me out) and trying my best. I had started a job back in January, but with the Covid19, I got laid off.
Please, let me know how I can fill out an application for housing help whether it is with session 8 that I just read around (but I was lost) or another type of program for rent on my basement unit. I applied for some food assistance last week and still waiting to hear from the department.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you!
Steveo12

Re: Rent for basement apartment

Post by Steveo12 »

I am looking for anyone who can help me from getting evicted from my basement apartment. I recently had to be out of work for a little over a month due to a surgical procedure and I have gotten behind and am now facing an eviction from the basement apartment. I am trying to catch up on my rent but I need help in order to do that. If there is any charity or organization that can help on a one time basis that would be most helpful. I am drowning in stress since this has never happened to me before. I am currently back at work but my paychecks are not covering my past rent, my rent coming up and my utilities. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are not specific programs for people in a basement apartment. But if you are low income, have you looked into section 8 housing vouchers?
As maybe you can get a "better", safe home or apartment to live in. Here are details on section 8 near you. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... using.html
Steveo12 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:06 am I am looking for anyone who can help me from getting evicted from my basement apartment. I recently had to be out of work for a little over a month due to a surgical procedure and I have gotten behind and am now facing an eviction from the basement apartment. I am trying to catch up on my rent but I need help in order to do that. If there is any charity or organization that can help on a one time basis that would be most helpful. I am drowning in stress since this has never happened to me before. I am currently back at work but my paychecks are not covering my past rent, my rent coming up and my utilities. Please help.
Mccant

Post by Mccant »

Hi, I am reaching out to you because I am currently living in a hotel and are kicking me out but I did find a place to live. It’s a basement apartment and I need help with the first months rent and security posit which is 1650 and then I might be needing help to get my electricity turned on in my name because she said it is separate from the main house and electricity, so is there any program to help me with the rent on a basement apartment?
I need help because she really likes me but I need to come up with the money fast because I am getting kicked out of the hotel as of 13 April and I have bad credit. There’s nothing around here I’ve wasted $200 already this week on different applications for different apartments and this one fell in my lap by the grace of God and she really liked me. I will know something tomorrow if she will except me but I like to move in soon as possible if she does except me and I need help .
I greatly appreciate somebody getting back to me quickly as possible.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are agencies in Williamson County TN that may help you. Many offer emergency or long term rent help, and maybe a voucher for a hotel or transitional housing to get you out of that basement. Look here for rent help in Franklin TN area.
Mccant wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:56 am Hi, I am reaching out to you because I am currently living in a hotel and are kicking me out but I did find a place to live. It’s a basement apartment and I need help with the first months rent and security posit which is 1650 and then I might be needing help to get my electricity turned on in my name because she said it is separate from the main house and electricity, so is there any program to help me with the rent on a basement apartment?
I need help because she really likes me but I need to come up with the money fast because I am getting kicked out of the hotel as of 13 April and I have bad credit. There’s nothing around here I’ve wasted $200 already this week on different applications for different apartments and this one fell in my lap by the grace of God and she really liked me. I will know something tomorrow if she will except me but I like to move in soon as possible if she does except me and I need help .
I greatly appreciate somebody getting back to me quickly as possible.