Programs for rent in Oklahoma

Find how to get help with rent
Snapon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Programs for rent in Oklahoma

Post by Snapon »

I am just getting back to work again after being in the hospital for pneumonia and having minor surgery. I desperately need help with my rent for this month to get back on track. I have been juggling the rent and bills every month and stressing badly if I could just get everything current this month without the threat of no lights of being evicted I can go to work knowing I will have a place to come home to and utilities as well. I live in Tulsa Oklahoma.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Programs for rent in Oklahoma

Post by Admin »

If you need just one time rent help and are back to working, that is great news. The Tulsa Oklahoma non-profits are more likely to provide assistance in those cases as sounds like you are self-sufficiency. So, you also need help with paying light bills too? Are we understanding that correctly. We do have programs for both of those need. Locate information on Tulsa rent and housing solutions.
Behr

Post by Behr »

In the last few months I have lost my wife, job, car and home in Oklahoma. I have custody of my 11 year old and we are staying with a friend, but we are being asked to leave by December 12th. The friend is taking my child support as rent and it is leaving me without move in expenses.
I have a degree and I am looking for work in Oklahoma, but I need to find a home and get help covering rental deposits and utilities until I can begin working. I just want to get back on my feet without losing my child. Thank you for your time.
Shapman

Post by Shapman »

I moved here to Oklahoma City for work. My wife and I are now homeless due to difficulty in finding a job and running out of money. My wife is I'll and takes 12 prescribed medications to help her which also are expensive.
I now am employed in Edmond Oklahoma but we have no home. I just started my job this past Tuesday and will receive my first check on next Wednesday but it won't be enough to cover first month rent and a deposit so that we could have shelter. Is there any assistance for this need? Can you help us with first month rent or a deposit? This is very hard on my wife's condition. She's been hospitalized several times recently because of this. The doctors haven't found the actual cause of her illness yet and have referred her to the Mayo clinic in Minnesota to test her more and find a cause or cure. At least let us know more. We really need help with rent to move into a place. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

12 medications? That sounds off - not right. Regardless, as far as the housing situation, try this for rent assistance in Oklahoma City. There are many resources and programs that may give funds and other forms of support. Also ask them about a job program.
Shapman wrote:I moved here to Oklahoma City for work. My wife and I are now homeless due to difficulty in finding a job and running out of money. My wife is I'll and takes 12 prescribed medications to help her which also are expensive.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Me and my Fiancé and our son just moved to Tulsa Oklahoma. We are currently staying with a friend but must be out by Saturday. We got here on Monday and we both have Job interviews tomorrow. I called several numbers from your website to try and find some rent assistance until we start getting income coming in but unfortunately for some reason I have called 4 different organizations and they have all said they don't offer the services that you have listed. So, I'm not sure if the website is out of date or if it has some misleading communication somehow. But if there's any way you could point me in the right direction for rent help in Tulsa Oklahoma that would be wonderful. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need to move that quickly, then try a homeless prevention and rapid rehousing program in Tulsa. Maybe you can move to a transitional housing program (or even a homeless shelter) since you indicate you will have a job. As if you can contribute some money, and do say work around property, etc. transitional housing may be an option.
Mills wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:20 am Me and my Fiancé and our son just moved to Tulsa Oklahoma. We are currently staying with a friend but must be out by Saturday.