Behind on mortgage payments

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
Thomas
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Behind on mortgage payments

Post by Thomas »

I live in Madison, Mississippi. I am in desperate need of help. I am 5 months behind on my mortgage and also struggling just to pay the utilities. The past 3 months my electric bill as more than tripled. My son and I are having to share the same car. He is in college and I am trying to rebuild my clientele in the salon. I have applied for childcare assistance and waiting to hear back from them. My oldest son is caring for his baby brother (2 yrs old almost 3 yrs old) when he is not in school so I can try and work. If and when the childcare comes through then he will not have a way to get back and forth from school. I do not know where to turn at this point. I need help. Also I have called several times to this place that is suppose to help with utilities and they say someone will call me but nobody has. I have called another place that is suppose to help with rent or mortgage and they say that they do not have any more funds available through Oct. Can you help me? Thanks and God Bless
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Behind on mortgage payments

Post by Admin »

There is a national agency known as The National Association of Real Estate Brokers-Investment Division, Inc., Housing Counseling Agency (NID-HCA). This group helps homeowners across the nation in dealing with housing issues. They can provide foreclosure prevention tactics and ideas, and can guide people through the various mortgage and foreclosure programs that exist today. They can help get fees waived, reduce interest rates, and provide other solutions to homeowners who need help. they even offer some legal services.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... om_ni.html
Thomas wrote:I live in Madison, Mississippi. I am in desperate need of help. I am 5 months behind on my mortgage and also struggling just to pay the utilities. The past 3 months my electric bill as more than tripled. My son and I are having to share the same car. He is in college and I am trying to rebuild my clientele in the salon. I have applied for childcare assistance and waiting to hear back from them. My oldest son is caring for his baby brother (2 yrs old almost 3 yrs old) when he is not in school so I can try and work. If and when the childcare comes through then he will not have a way to get back and forth from school. I do not know where to turn at this point. I need help. Also I have called several times to this place that is suppose to help with utilities and they say someone will call me but nobody has. I have called another place that is suppose to help with rent or mortgage and they say that they do not have any more funds available through Oct. Can you help me? Thanks and God Bless
Laz

Post by Laz »

I currently live in Spring Haven development and have been approved for Food Stamps. Unfortunately I have no resources to pay any bills inc., Electric, water, or car insurance. I am also behind on my mortgage. I am now on disputably and receive $786/month. My mortgage payment alone is $757.72 so I am in trouble. That leaves me with $28.28 to pay all my bills! I cannot hold on much longer. I need help and am confused going thru all the webpages and links. Someone please help!!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What state do you live in and need mortgage/foreclosure help for? Until I know that, in the meantime here are some other options and government programs for you. Try the following link. Programs exist for most states, including Florida, California, Nevada, and others. Learn about mediation, foreclosure delays, and other options and mortgage programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... orecl.html
Laz wrote:I currently live in Spring Haven development and have been approved for Food Stamps. Unfortunately I have no resources to pay any bills inc., Electric, water, or car insurance. I am also behind on my mortgage. I am now on disputably and receive $786/month. My mortgage payment alone is $757.72 so I am in trouble. That leaves me with $28.28 to pay all my bills! I cannot hold on much longer. I need help and am confused going thru all the webpages and links. Someone please help!!!!
Freedoma

Behind on mortgage payments and furnace

Post by Freedoma »

Hi,
I have never done this before..ever. And I feel horrible askin for help. But our furnace is acting up, and our AC went out back in the middle of July of this year, and they tell us it will cost $4000 to replace. Is this kind of help offered? I work and so does my husband, but this year has been horrible. He has only worked maybe 6 months. We struggel to get our house and mortgage payment made and are behind, but this expense is wayyy out of our range. We want to pay our mortgage and do not want to lose our home. We live in Nevada.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Behind on mortgage payments and furnace

Post by Admin »

Never feel horrible about asking for help. In fact you should feel the opposite. The earlier you ask the better. While not certain about the furnace, there are many options for homeowners in Nevada. There are mediation programs, federal government and state of Nevada mortgage and foreclosure assistance programs, credit counseling agencies, and HUD non-profits. Nevada has been hit hard, and you need to ask for help if you need it. If you are working, even just 6 months, often that is enough to qualify for aid.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nev ... losur.html
Freedoma wrote:Hi,
I have never done this before..ever. And I feel horrible askin for help. But our furnace is acting up, and our AC went out back in the middle of July of this year, and they tell us it will cost $4000 to replace. Is this kind of help offered? I work and so does my husband, but this year has been horrible. He has only worked maybe 6 months. We struggel to get our house and mortgage payment made and are behind, but this expense is wayyy out of our range. We want to pay our mortgage and do not want to lose our home. We live in Nevada.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

I'm requesting help to hopefully get help with deposit on on another home. I'm currently living in a doublewide modular home, paying rent of $500 a month to past landlord. The home went up for for closure because of past landlord not paying to the Bank of America here in Greensboro North Carolina on May 4,2011.I went to court on June 7,2011,and he ordered me out in 10 days. I currently work but not enough hours to make deposit and first months rent.I'm also a single mom with one daughter,I'm a certified nursing assistant doing private duty @ the moment. I really don't have anyone else that can help me, I've called every place possible! Just believing in God that there is help out there somewhere! If have any questions or any further information......Well appreciated,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well not sure if there is mortgage assistance for trailers. But there probably should be as millions use them for home. But you can look into the possibility of programs. Call Bank of America. Also look into North Carolina mortgage programs, which are another option for people who need foreclosure prevention or mortgage assistance. There are resources like the North Carolina Home Protection Program and Loan Fund as well as the state runs a free foreclosure hotline. All the programs are referenced on the previous link.
Cooper wrote:I'm requesting help to hopefully get help with deposit on on another home. I'm currently living in a doublewide modular home, paying rent of $500 a month to past landlord. The home went up for for closure because of past landlord not paying to the Bank of America here in Greensboro North Carolina on May 4,2011.I went to court on June 7,2011,and he ordered me out in 10 days. I currently work but not enough hours to make deposit and first months rent.I'm also a single mom with one daughter,I'm a certified nursing assistant doing private duty @ the moment. I really don't have anyone else that can help me, I've called every place possible! Just believing in God that there is help out there somewhere! If have any questions or any further information......Well appreciated,
Kennth

Post by Kennth »

My husband suffered a severe medical emergency and back problems while loading his commercial trailer in Charlotte North Carolina on July18th, 2011. He is a self employed truck driver and we have not had any income since that incident in July. Weve sold personal belongings to be able to pay our $about $1200 per month mortgage payments up until now. But now we are out of things to sell. His truck was repossesed august 20, 2011. His dr. refuses to allow him to return to work and has scheduled to do an echocardiogram and get back surgery sept. 9th and on sept. 14th will decide if he requires a defribrilator to be put into his chest. Since he was self employed he doesn't qualify for unemployment in the state of North Carolina. We lost our health insurance over a year ago because higher fuel costs ate away our profits. Since we dont have small children living in the home, we cannot get financial assistance. All we qualify for is food stamps. Were emotionally lost and have no idea about where to turn to for financial help in paying our mortgage. Can you help or know where we can get help to pay the mortgage? Thank you.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about your husband. Hopefully he has a quick recovery. The state of North Carolina does offer several different ways for homeowners to get help with home loan and mortgage payments. Find a listing of North Carolina mortgage assistance, from options and programs such as North Carolina foreclosure mediation as well as the Home Protection Program and Loan Fund. Both offer emergency cash and counseling when someone faced with things like a medical emergency, which sounds like may be you.
Kennth wrote:My husband suffered a severe medical emergency and back problems while loading his commercial trailer in Charlotte North Carolina on July18th, 2011. He is a self employed truck driver and we have not had any income since that incident in July. Weve sold personal belongings to be able to pay our $about $1200 per month mortgage payments up until now. But now we are out of things to sell. His truck was repossesed august 20, 2011. His dr. refuses to allow him to return to work and has scheduled to do an echocardiogram and get back surgery sept. 9th and on sept. 14th will decide if he requires a defribrilator to be put into his chest. Since he was self employed he doesn't qualify for unemployment in the state of North Carolina. We lost our health insurance over a year ago because higher fuel costs ate away our profits. Since we dont have small children living in the home, we cannot get financial assistance. All we qualify for is food stamps. Were emotionally lost and have no idea about where to turn to for financial help in paying our mortgage. Can you help or know where we can get help to pay the mortgage? Thank you.
Sincerely,
Eloise

Post by Eloise »

Saved my mortgage in 2/2011 started trying to find a program to help families in the federal government program! Again fighting to save my home with 8 acres. Bank refused my payment of $1400.00 two months ago land has 7 electric access want provide donated traded in mobile homes for housing for displaced families out of work that qualify for the family programs. People in s.w. Va. are being displaced at a high rate the need help! AS I am struggling to keep my mortgage in default again! Some one please help us and I promise to help others this will work and I will pay it forward have the land if I can keep it. I have figured a WAY TO HELP OTHERS PLEASE HELP ME SAVE MY HOME AND CHILDREN!! tHEY ARE a PLUS KIDS AND WE NEED HELP SO WE CAN HELP OTHER FAMILIES TO STAY TOGETHER PLEASE
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This post is kind of cryptic, and we are not sure exactly what you are asking. We think you are looking for mortgage assistance in the Virginia area. If that is the case, then here is information on free Virginia foreclosure counseling from federal government HUD certified agencies. As you will see there are dozens of non-profits and agencies that focus on offering housing solutions to homeowners across the state of Virginia. Not sure how your bank could refuse to take your money. That would be a first.
Eloise wrote:Saved my mortgage in 2/2011 started trying to find a program to help families in the federal government program! Again fighting to save my home with 8 acres. Bank refused my payment of $1400.00 two months ago land has 7 electric access want provide donated traded in mobile homes for housing for displaced families out of work that qualify for the family programs. People in s.w. Va. are being displaced at a high rate the need help! AS I am struggling to keep my mortgage in default again! Some one please help us and I promise to help others this will work and I will pay it forward have the land if I can keep it. I have figured a WAY TO HELP OTHERS PLEASE HELP ME SAVE MY HOME AND CHILDREN!! tHEY ARE a PLUS KIDS AND WE NEED HELP SO WE CAN HELP OTHER FAMILIES TO STAY TOGETHER PLEASE
Martinelli

Post by Martinelli »

My last decent job was in 2004, it started getting funny after that. Electrical drafting jobs dried up, engineers hired engineering students to do the drafting work. Our plant closed because it was cheaper to slap our logo on a ready made for us product than scratch or custom build as we had done for years. I had to refinance my mortgage for extra living expense at a high interest rate, now I owe more than when I first bought the home. I filed for bankruptcy, didn't effect my mortgage. My mom-in law got sick, moved in with us and we took care of her because nursing homes require us to be there anyway, they are lax and cost.........we saved $3000 a month. Her pension took care of us, I and my wife had to be there for lifting and hygiene. I couldn't work and my wife is disabled, on SSD. My mom-in law died and now the whole thing is collapsing, I still can't find work. I went back to school got an Associates in PC tech and businesses want more education, more experience and travel. I am 56 years old, more is not in my brain anymore. I still need a job and a mortgage program that can lower my interest rate, job or not, so that if I had a job I would pay less. Then if Obama's Save The Dream could help me. I did not reaffirm payment of my mortgage with the bank because I was/am still not working, though my mom-in law was granting us funds. She could not do this forever, as I said she died. If the bank could forgive part of my debt because of the destroyed economy, I would be grateful. Even more if they could give me a job so that I could pay them. I do IT work, even there they want experience or no go. I have been through a number of programs, there is always one rule which excludes me, usually not working. If I was working like I was I wouldn't need help. If I can get a job paying what they pay now, I couldn't afford the level of help folks are offering. Every bank is trying to recoup the loses from poor decisions they made in business from the home owner worker. You kill my job yet demand payment from me. You killed my source of income and wave a bill in my face. Where is my help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You did not mention what state you need mortgage help in. Most programs are local. We usually recommend calling a HUD certified housing counseling agency as they oftentimes provide free advice and information on federal government mortgage programs, state resources, even bank programs and options too. If you are working, and trying to get ahead and make a difference which you are, then that makes you morel ikely to qualify for aid. Find our main page on assistance with mortgage and a summary on dozens of programs and options that are available to homeowners and borrowers.
Martinelli wrote:My last decent job was in 2004, it started getting funny after that. Electrical drafting jobs dried up, engineers hired engineering students to do the drafting work. Our plant closed because it was cheaper to slap our logo on a ready made for us product than scratch or custom build as we had done for years. I had to refinance my mortgage for extra living expense at a high interest rate, now I owe more than when I first bought the home. I filed for bankruptcy, didn't effect my mortgage. My mom-in law got sick, moved in with us and we took care of her because nursing homes require us to be there anyway, they are lax and cost.........we saved $3000 a month. Her pension took care of us, I and my wife had to be there for lifting and hygiene. I couldn't work and my wife is disabled, on SSD. My mom-in law died and now the whole thing is collapsing, I still can't find work. I went back to school got an Associates in PC tech and businesses want more education, more experience and travel. I am 56 years old, more is not in my brain anymore. I still need a job and a mortgage program that can lower my interest rate, job or not, so that if I had a job I would pay less. Then if Obama's Save The Dream could help me. I did not reaffirm payment of my mortgage with the bank because I was/am still not working, though my mom-in law was granting us funds. She could not do this forever, as I said she died. If the bank could forgive part of my debt because of the destroyed economy, I would be grateful. Even more if they could give me a job so that I could pay them. I do IT work, even there they want experience or no go. I have been through a number of programs, there is always one rule which excludes me, usually not working. If I was working like I was I wouldn't need help. If I can get a job paying what they pay now, I couldn't afford the level of help folks are offering. Every bank is trying to recoup the loses from poor decisions they made in business from the home owner worker. You kill my job yet demand payment from me. You killed my source of income and wave a bill in my face. Where is my help?
Biden

Post by Biden »

I live north of Dallas in Denton County, Texas. As of today, I am late on my mortgage this month and do not have any money for next month, since my home loan is an equity loan. My credit union says that 2 months with no payment and they will start foreclosure proceedings. In addition to that, I am late on property taxes and have received notification that if I don't pay the remaining $3,000, they will begin foreclosure. Also, my electric and water bill are 3 times more than they usually are. I have requested them to bill me the same amount all year so they can be averaged out but I haven't gotten that. Since I haven't had a job in the last month (and I will start a new one in 2 weks) I can't pay the $600 now which is past due and the new upcoming bill which will probably be $700+ for August. I am an RN so I have good potential for an income but I have been looking for work for quite awhile. But, next month, I could easily be homeless and without food or electricity. Please give me some direction. I'm desperate. If I can stay in my home. In 1 more month my income should be good enough to afford staying here with my family.