Page 1 of 1

Barely enough money to pay mortgage

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:52 pm
by bostonrob
I am a disabled father of a 17 year-old son. My monthly SSD benefits are barely enough t cover the mortgage, but we can also no longer afford to pay our utilities, especially the electricity bills. also credit card debts are too high. I have no doubt tat we would benefit greatly from some of the mortgage and foreclosure programs you have mentioned on this site. If there is any way for someone to contact me to discuss these opportunities on how to get help with utilities, debts, and mortgage, please get in touch ASAP. Best regards

Re: Barely enough money to pay mortgage

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:58 pm
by Admin
One of the upcoming, and more effective mortgage solutions are foreclosure mediation programs. Most are free, and they involve a professional mediator sitting down with you and your lender and exploring all solutions to your housing and mortgage problems. Most states offer programs. Even if your state doesn't offer a mediation program, you can contact a credit counselor.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ement.html

For energy bills, try LIHEAP or call your utility company and ask about assistance programs.

bostonrob wrote:I am a disabled father of a 17 year-old son. My monthly SSD benefits are barely enough t cover the mortgage, but we can also no longer afford to pay our utilities, especially the electricity bills. also credit card debts are too high. I have no doubt tat we would benefit greatly from some of the mortgage and foreclosure programs you have mentioned on this site. If there is any way for someone to contact me to discuss these opportunities on how to get help with utilities, debts, and mortgage, please get in touch ASAP. Best regards

Re: Barely enough money to pay mortgage

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:13 am
by David19
YES MY NAME IS JEANNETTE AND I LIVED IN MY LAS VEGAS HOME FOR THREE MONTHS. I AM WAY BEHIND ON MY HOUSE AND MORTGAGE. AND I CANT SEEM TO GET OUT OF THIS HOLE MY WATER BILL IS MORE THAN I CAN HANDLE AND MY BANK IS ABOUT TO EVICT ME IN FOUR DAYS IF I DONT PAY THE REST OF DEPOSIT PLEASE HELP ME I GOT FOUR KIDS AND I CANT SEEM TO GET CAUGHT UP PLS CALL ME

Re: Barely enough money to pay mortgage

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:19 am
by Admin
There are numerous foreclosure and mortgage programs offered in Las Vegas and Nevada. Such options and organizations as the JP Morgan Chase homeowner assistance center can put you in touch with housing counselors, the Nevada hardest hit fund helps the unemployed and provides low rate cash grants, and other aid. Try this resource for more information and ideas.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... losur.html
David19 wrote:YES MY NAME IS JEANNETTE AND I LIVED IN MY LAS VEGAS HOME FOR THREE MONTHS. I AM WAY BEHIND ON MY HOUSE AND MORTGAGE. AND I CANT SEEM TO GET OUT OF THIS HOLE MY WATER BILL IS MORE THAN I CAN HANDLE AND MY BANK IS ABOUT TO EVICT ME IN FOUR DAYS IF I DONT PAY THE REST OF DEPOSIT PLEASE HELP ME I GOT FOUR KIDS AND I CANT SEEM TO GET CAUGHT UP PLS CALL ME

Re: Barely enough money to pay mortgage

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:05 pm
by Helpformom
I am a mother of a 12 yr old son with disabilities. I have been waiting to be approved for my SSDI for 2 1/2 yrs. My savings is gone. We are about to loose our home, car and everything. Our power was turned off today. I had to return the only the 3 gifts I had for my son and borrow the other $300 to get the power back on. I am in need of anything. My mortgage is 2 months late, same with car, and water bill, Please help!

Re: Barely enough money to pay mortgage

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:52 am
by Admin
Look into the various methods to prevent foreclosures, including programs from banks, lenders, and government options too. Many non-profit credit counseling and HUD certified agencies may offer free services or advice. Find a listing of foreclosure prevention and mortgage help solutions. Call around to the various programs out there. Usually if only income is SSDI then you may qualify for assistance too.
Helpformom wrote:I am a mother of a 12 yr old son with disabilities. I have been waiting to be approved for my SSDI for 2 1/2 yrs. My savings is gone. We are about to loose our home, car and everything. Our power was turned off today. I had to return the only the 3 gifts I had for my son and borrow the other $300 to get the power back on. I am in need of anything. My mortgage is 2 months late, same with car, and water bill, Please help!

Re: Barely enough money to pay mortgage

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:31 pm
by Eichorn
I'm recently disabled and have a son with Autism. Together with my parents ages 62 and 66 are victims of contractor fraud on a house we purchased in a different city to live in as a multifamily to be closer to other family, medical care, etc. Work was to be done in 3 months and parents were to sell their current home! The contractor took $70,000 from us and charged over $8,000 on home improvement card for personal use, that he was suppose to buy items they picked out for the house! Thankfully we have our current home but now paying $800+ per month on line of credit and our mortgage. The money is gone and house in new town not livable now … as he tore out kitchen and took cabinets and destroyed the bathroom and the beautiful tile in it! We now have two homes to pay utilities on and need to sell current home, but no place to go! Any money that I had and my parents retirement and money they worked hard for is all gone and they now have a mortgage on their current house! We don't have enough money coming in the pay the bills or the mortgage, or any money to put house back together! The contractor is in jail for several other crimes he committed, so at least he can’t do this to someone else for now! But, we just don't know where to turn and not good at asking for help!

Re: Barely enough money to pay mortgage

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:04 pm
by Admin
If you have no money, you need more than financial help. You should try foreclosure counseling, and a faith based group such as Catholic Charities may be a good fit for you. They can direct you to mortgage programs, and maybe even advise you on your legal rights when dealing with that bad contractor. Since the house is not livable, they often run shelters too. More Catholic charities foreclosure help

Re: Barely enough money to pay mortgage

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:24 pm
by Kelly lynn
I live in the state of Georgia/DeKalb County and I am trying to find some help to pay my mortgage. I have tried several places for money but they could not help. I am not behind in my mortgage, but will be from this month. Hope that you will be able to point me in the right direction. I am also on disability.