Behind as I was hurt on the job then laid off

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
The Big Easy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Behind as I was hurt on the job then laid off

Post by The Big Easy »

I was hurt at work and while off I was laid off. They refused to keep paying for cost associated so I was left with no choice but to hire a lawyer. I have filed for unemployment once I was able to work but I am still waiting to hear their decision. I will be paid some settlement once they go to court but have no idea when. So I am left with a mortgage past due and car payment past due and I am supporting myself and a 15 month child.
Arey Gol

Re: Behind as I was hurt on the job then laid off

Post by Arey Gol »

Hi, I don't know where to even start. My mom was hurt with a spinal cord injury and shortly after she was hurt my dad abandoned us. We haven't had a Christmas in 3 years. We live in a very small room and my mom has been trying to get on SSI for the last 2 years, every year she tries every agency just so I can have a Christmas and has been turned away.
Recently our only car (a 25 year old car), the motor mounts went out. But our car is all we have our motor and transmission is past 220,000 miles. Mom keeps putting used tires on it but they last for not long and all I want is too finish school so I can go into engineering at Grand canyon state and see my mom smile you see her birthday is also Christmas.
I am just a young girl trying to help my mom get a new job and get over all the life events. Being hurt is tough, and I want to see her not worry and be happy again all she worries about is me having a Christmas and now our car broke down. She doesn’t care that she wears clothes she’s had for 8 years that are old and have holes in them or that she only owns 1 pair of shoes sandals. I am asking if you know if anyone who can help us have a chance again, a miracle of hope. Thank you & Merry Christmas.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Behind as I was hurt on the job then laid off

Post by Admin »

You may be a candidate for the Hardest Hit fund in North Carolina, as it was created strictly to deal with people who lost a job. If the car is 25 years old, do not put any more money into it. Instead save for a new one. Or talk to a car program, such as Ways to Work. They offer transportation for job programs, and then of course also try the mortgage program we referred to above.