Assistance in Tennesee

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
shannonl
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Assistance in Tennesee

Post by shannonl »

I have been trying to get assistance in the Chattanooga area for several months. I lost my job in December 2015, and was denied unemployment benefits. All my bills were paid by what I had in savings and by my 401k. The mortgage company has just given me the run around since I applied for a modification on my loan. So now I am almost four months behind, and they are starting foreclosure. I can't even get help from a charity in this city. My lights and water are all being turned off this week, and I have no clue how I'm going to keep them on. What am I doing wrong that nobody will help me? I have worked for everything I own and volunteered for any organization that's needed help. This is the outcome for trying to do things right in this country.
Can someone tell me if there are resources I don't know about?
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Assistance in Tennesee

Post by Admin »

If you are behind on your mortgage, turning to a 401:, and struggling with other debts and bills, try the Tennessee HUD foreclosure counseling process. There are non-profits that give advice. If your income is low enough (which it soulds like it is) the support may be free. They can help you apply for loan modifications, provide mediation, and much more.
shannonl wrote:I have been trying to get assistance in the Chattanooga area for several months. I lost my job in December 2015, and was denied unemployment benefits. All my bills were paid by what I had in savings and by my 401k. The mortgage company has just given me the run around since I applied for a modification on my loan. So now I am almost four months behind, and they are starting foreclosure. I can't even get help from a charity in this city. My lights and water are all being turned off this week, and I have no clue how I'm going to keep them on. What am I doing wrong that nobody will help me? I have worked for everything I own and volunteered for any organization that's needed help. This is the outcome for trying to do things right in this country.
Can someone tell me if there are resources I don't know about?