Mortgage upside down. Help for that?

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
g_geraghty
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Mortgage upside down. Help for that?

Post by g_geraghty »

I have a mortgage for $500,000. It is a refi so that I could put money into my business, which I started and have owned for over 15 years. The home is presently assessed for approximately $435,000. I am not behind. HOwever, I did have a few late payments in 2008. Is there help for this price range? My present mortgage is with Wachovia and so was my original mortgage.
helper

Re: Mortgage upside down. Help for that?

Post by helper »

The Obama / Fed government plan can help in your situation. It is called Making Home Affordable.
http://makinghomeaffordable.gov/
helper

Post by helper »

Another place to look to for mortgage help is banks. Many banks offer mortgage and foreclosure assistance. For example, take a look at Wells Fargo mortgage assistance programs and resources. They can help with modifications, short sales, and much more.
Banker

Post by Banker »

I am a writing for my family, I'm a married mother of 2, and my husband has a vending machine business. I am unemployed. We recently had to drop our health insurance, because we just couldn't afford it.... and we have reduced our spending as much as we can, but we are having problems paying our bills. We live the the house I grew up in, of course now its upside down in our loan, and we are a good family. NEVER have we asked for help EVER in the past. But I am scared. I am so afraid if my son falls on his scooter or my my husband, me, or our daughter needs some medical care, we could lose the house we've lived in for 45 years. I am embarrassed and don't want you to call, but could you write me with some info on what to do?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Well the government created a new mortgage program for the unemployed, and it is run by HUD (Housing and Urban Development). Information on it can be found here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hud ... loan_.html The program focuses on people who have lost their job or had a reduction in income due to fewer hours at work. The main non-profit that runs it is CredAbility, which is a national non-profit.
Banker wrote:I am a writing for my family, I'm a married mother of 2, and my husband has a vending machine business. I am unemployed. We recently had to drop our health insurance, because we just couldn't afford it.... and we have reduced our spending as much as we can, but we are having problems paying our bills. We live the the house I grew up in, of course now its upside down in our loan, and we are a good family. NEVER have we asked for help EVER in the past. But I am scared. I am so afraid if my son falls on his scooter or my my husband, me, or our daughter needs some medical care, we could lose the house we've lived in for 45 years. I am embarrassed and don't want you to call, but could you write me with some info on what to do?
Cykas
anti spam: Blue

Post by Cykas »

My name is Chelsea and I was given this email from CAC’s website for trying to apply for any potential assistance I can get. I am trying to get back on my feet after the covid pandemic causing my hours at work to reduce drastically some weeks being completely gone. I am currently behind on my cell phone bill as well as mortgage (which is upside down) which is our only means of a phone as we do not have a home phone. And I also would like to try to apply for some or any type of food as well as mortgage assistance.
We’ve not had to have any type of assistance like this before now thankfully so I do not know all my options or even how to begin trying to apply. My number is if you need to call me. My household size is 4 being me the only employed and three small children. My only source of income is my job I do not get any government assistance or child support or disability type income either. Thank you very much. Looking forward to hearing from you very soon on how I can fix and get help with my upside mortgage and other bills.
Chelsea