Legal advice on my Bank of American mortgage modification

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
JoseR1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Legal advice on my Bank of American mortgage modification

Post by JoseR1 »

Hello!
When I went to BOA in July 2013 to ask what programs were available to me, specifically if there was a principal forgiveness program, the loan officer told me no, my only option was HARP.
I proceeded to do the HARP refinance to lower my APR.
Even though my home was significantly underwater ($74k owed on home valued at under $50k)
The refi cost thousands of dollars which was added to new 30 year loan, resulting in me now owing nearly $80k
Did BOA do right by me?
Thanks!
Dirt

Re: Legal advice on my Bank of American mortgage modificatio

Post by Dirt »

This past year we were in Court to finalize a Loan modification.
After hiring an Attorney and being in Court several times we had filially made it to a fair agreement. The agreement was then signed and sent back after we went through the 3 Month Trial period.
All Documents were to be signed and Notarized, reviewed by Our Attorney and sent back with a new payment in hand to Bank of America.
They sent it back realizing they had made a mistake and we then again sent in all SIGNED documents.
After this we waited for our new payment in the mail.
This never happen but we did receive a letter from a Company with a letter stating they are the new lender and our new payment
was $1,100 + more per month! Since then we have been terrified cause once again we are Not paying any payments towards the home.
We then sent the New company all the documents at least 4 Times. Most recent letter states { sorry after review your loan modification was not approved }.
It was approved in Court in front of a Judge, My Attorney and the BANKS ATTORNEY!
We are running out of time and to be honest, I have 5 Kids and this home is all we have.
It is impossible to go from $1,1960 per month to $$2,200 per Mont.
Now my Attorney wants more money to fight the New mortgage Lender, We do not have another $3,000-$4,000 .
Our Attorney has helped us so many times even going to court once without a payment, she just wanted this to end and close this mess up for Me and My Children. We have reached the end of the road here! They refuse to Honor the Loan Modification which was approved 2 months prior to them taking control of the last Lender.
This is Very Scary. What do I do with my kids, what do I tell them, where do we go. Their all under 12 Years old!
Please find me help and a assistance. I can not do this anymore ! I am mentally breaking down. I can not fight anymore!
Kind Regards
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Legal advice on my Bank of American mortgage modificatio

Post by Admin »

We are you using an attorney to get mortgage help with Bank of America? Use a non-profit HUD counseling agency. Lawyers have different goals, and it is usually to run up a fee. You also need a clear contract, with fees spelled out, in advance of any relationship with anyone. You may be too late though with those costs you already have. But still, BoA has many of their own programs. Find Bank of America mortgage programs.
Keagan

Re: Legal advice on my Bank of American mortgage modification

Post by Keagan »

Hi, my name is Catani and I live in Charleston, SC. I have been living in my mom's home since she passed away in 2017. She left me the house in her will which I need legal advice with. I went to probate to become her personal representative and I kept reaching out to her loan company (Bank of America) to provide them with her death certificate and my paperwork from probate court so that they could speak with me. After some time, they finally agreed to speak with me regarding her mortgage loan but by that time, the foreclosure process had already started. I applied for a loan modification loan from them and then they transferred the loan to a different company for a modification, which was Bank of America. I then had to restart the whole process again of proving that I was the party of contact for my mom. There were 3 court hearings in which I was granted a 90day stay the sale since I filed a motion to stay the sale for the first 2 court dates but the judge denied my motion on the 3rd court date and sold the property. Can legal aid help there?
I have been communicating with the person who bought it and he will rent the home to me but I have to pay the first's month rent along with putting down a deposit. I am just starting to work and I have to make this payment to him before 07/25/21to avoid the sheriff throwing my children and I out on the street. Can you please help me or direct me in the right direction?