Need an apartment now that house is in foreclosure

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
J Becket
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need an apartment now that house is in foreclosure

Post by J Becket »

My house is in foreclosure. I will most likely be separating from my husband so I need a 2 bedroom apartment for me and my youngest son. Am I able to receive housing assistance for this? Must I pick out a place I want to live and then give the paperwork to the landlord to fill out? Is there anything else involved and how long does it take until you hear something back? I don't know how much rent I can afford, probably not more than $450/500 a month with help from the government. I am still making a car payment of $252/month until at least Aug 2013 and am currently working P/T. I am looking for F/T work but am not able to find anything at this time. Please let me know how to handle the situation. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need an apartment now that house is in foreclosure

Post by Admin »

You may be a candidate for rapid rehousing in Chicago. This can usually help people that lost their home to foreclosure. While the $400/$500 month may be difficult to find to rent, maybe there are options for you. Or maybe you need to move into a one bedroom apartment for now and share it. But you need a full time job. So try the rapid rehousing program in Chicago, as they may set you up into a new home.
SeeMe

Post by SeeMe »

Hi I lived in PA and now live in NC. When I was living in PA I lost my job and had a lot of medical problems. I did apply for social security and had to wait over a year to finally get the disability. At the time I was also losing my house due to foreclosure because I couldn't keep up with the payments due to waiting for disability. PP&L sent me a two month bill at the time which was around 600.00 dollars.
I called up and said I cannot afford it and that the house was being foreclosed on. I need a new apartment to live in ow. I told them that I was leaving and that they should shut the electric off at a certain date. They said, well after you get your last bill call us and we will make arrangements for payment. They told me 65 a month which I just started getting disability and I couldn't make the 65 a month. They said that they could have worked with me but since my account wasn't opened, they couldn't do anything. I informed that that I did call and ask for help when my account was opened. They lowered it to 38 a month and for a long period of time and I do still find it hard to do. Is there anything I can do for a new apartment post foreclosure? Please let me know. I have called PP&L many times only to be rude to and for them to tell me this is the best they could do. Thank you for your time,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try some of the agencies that may help pay rent in NC, the Fayetteville region. Maybe they can help you find alternate housing so if/when your current rental forecloses, you are not homeless. There are several places we have listed here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
SeeMe wrote:Hi I lived in PA and now live in NC.
RalphLauren

Post by RalphLauren »

My name is Debra. I live at Center of Hope. Exit day is September 19th 2021 as I lost my home to a foreclosure. I have not yet found an apartment. Low income apartment I need. My  real birth certificate not a copy I don't have it. I am from jersey. It cost 62 and change I don't have to start. I am looking for a one bedroom in Charlotte or concord. How can you help me get an apartment post home foreclosure. Right salvation army is willing to pay deposit for lights and rent and 3 months’ rent in any county. You email me or call me.