SSI is only income for paying mortgage

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
Lolli
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

SSI is only income for paying mortgage

Post by Lolli »

I AM ON DIALYSIS SINCE APRIL OF 2011, MY HUSBAND HAD A STROKE IN JUNE OF 2011. WE ARE BEHIND IN OUR MORTGAGE PAYMENTS. I AM REALLY WORRIED BECAUSE SINCE MY HUSBANDS STROKE, HE HAS APPLIED FOR DISABILITY RETIREMENT AT HIS JOB WHICH WILL TAKE AT LEAST 6 MONTHS. THE ONLY INCOME IN OUR HOME NOW IS MY SSI CHECK. CAN YOU HELP US?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: SSI is only income for paying mortgage

Post by Admin »

A new government mortgage program can help those with a medical emergency, and your husbands stroke sounds like it can qualify you. It is the so called hardest hit fund, and it passes out zero interest loans to pay mortgages if someone lost their job, has a medical condition, or needs some other type of financial help or support.
Lolli wrote:I AM ON DIALYSIS SINCE APRIL OF 2011, MY HUSBAND HAD A STROKE IN JUNE OF 2011. WE ARE BEHIND IN OUR MORTGAGE PAYMENTS. I AM REALLY WORRIED BECAUSE SINCE MY HUSBANDS STROKE, HE HAS APPLIED FOR DISABILITY RETIREMENT AT HIS JOB WHICH WILL TAKE AT LEAST 6 MONTHS. THE ONLY INCOME IN OUR HOME NOW IS MY SSI CHECK. CAN YOU HELP US?
Weinstein
anti spam: Blue

Re: SSI is only income for paying mortgage

Post by Weinstein »

I am in desperate need. I used an inheritance to buy my house in 2009 and only live on SSI now. The inheritance and my SSI i used to pay my mortgage. It was in a foreclosure sale but the paperwork was never filed from the sheriff's office so I was never sent tax statements. Four years later I found out it was going to be sold for back taxes. They refused to accept responsibility for the error so I am stuck paying the penalties and interest for the arrears. Each year I could only afford to pay the minimum amount to save the house so I am in that position again. The resources I used to pay in the past are no longer available as my SSI went to my mortgage. I am 64 years old, in poor health on SSI and having brain surgery in 6 weeks. Is there a benefactor who would be willing to help me? I would appreciate any assistance you can provide. The total due is $6,569.62 and the minimum to save the house is $2,292.93. Thank you.