Housing Assistance HUD office

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
Wegerski
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Housing Assistance HUD office

Post by Wegerski »

I just spent 7 1/2 hours at the free HUD Housing Assistance office in Deland to be told that if I waited another 2 weeks I could get some help. However my mortgage is 3 months past due and facing foreclosure, and my electric bill is on an extenstion until June 21, 2001. I don't have another 2 weeks or I won't have any power in my home. I am an honest man who lost his job 2 years ago and as a 2 weeks ago I exhausted my unemployment benefits. I don't know how much more down an out a person has to be to get some assistance. Please shed some light on this info from HUD counselor and tell me what does 2 more weeks have to do with it. I am unable to pay my electric bill which is due in a couple of day and they will not give me another extension. PLEASE HELP.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Housing Assistance HUD office

Post by Admin »

Where is Deland? What state. IS that Illinois? There are some federal government programs for the unemployed who need mortgage help, such as the hardest hit fund. So not sure if you looked into that or not. Here is information on the Illinois hardest hit fund, which is where I think Deland is located. It usually provides a low cost or free loan that people can use to pay their monthly mortgage, so give that a shot.

Wegerski wrote:I just spent 7 1/2 hours at the free HUD Housing Assistance office in Deland to be told that if I waited another 2 weeks I could get some help. However my mortgage is 3 months past due and facing foreclosure, and my electric bill is on an extenstion until June 21, 2001. I don't have another 2 weeks or I won't have any power in my home. I am an honest man who lost his job 2 years ago and as a 2 weeks ago I exhausted my unemployment benefits. I don't know how much more down an out a person has to be to get some assistance. Please shed some light on this info from HUD counselor and tell me what does 2 more weeks have to do with it. I am unable to pay my electric bill which is due in a couple of day and they will not give me another extension. PLEASE HELP.
JimmyIven

Post by JimmyIven »

Need help paying behind house payment and auto payment of 1500.00 before they foreclose and reposes. I am a 40% disabled vet trying to get an increase I am 59 years old have applied for Social Security and Appealed the denial for the disability increase. I am currently appealing the decision. with help of HUD counselor. I am married and have 3 children 16 to age 11 at home. My wife works but her check can not cover the high cost of mortgage, much less utility bills car insurance house payments car payments and groceries for growing boys. If you could give any help it would be appreciated. We have been given until 11/01/11 to pay 900.oo payment on the house or face foreclosure.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Using a HUD counselor is usually the best option, and appealing a decision with their services is always great idea. Will your lender give you forbearance or some other short term relief. Many banks will do that rather than foreclosure, as lenders do have some flexibility they can offer if one person is working. What does your HUD counselor say. Also look into maybe food pantries or coupons for those food needs to free up money for mortgage. Find our listing of HUD counselors by state, city, and county. Call another one if you do not think the one you are using is offering you the best free advice.
JimmyIven wrote:Need help paying behind house payment and auto payment of 1500.00 before they foreclose and reposes. I am a 40% disabled vet trying to get an increase I am 59 years old have applied for Social Security and Appealed the denial for the disability increase. I am currently appealing the decision. with help of HUD counselor. I am married and have 3 children 16 to age 11 at home. My wife works but her check can not cover the high cost of mortgage, much less utility bills car insurance house payments car payments and groceries for growing boys. If you could give any help it would be appreciated. We have been given until 11/01/11 to pay 900.oo payment on the house or face foreclosure.
Summer

Post by Summer »

Hello, there seem to be so much information on help with a power bill and mortgage help it's pretty overwhelming. My power is scheduled for cut off today and I'm just waiting for my mortgage company to send me some bad news. Could you tell me what would be my best option for the fastest relief, and I read on your site about these HUD offices. I live in Richmond, VA. Henrico County. Thank you
Sheena

Post by Sheena »

Just approved for HUD and need help with down payment. I'm a single mother of 4 on temporary disability since I was hurt set work almost 1 year ago. I and my 4 kids are struggling considering I only get $1040 a month. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Even though you were approved for HUD housing, how can you afford to live, pay rent, etc. on only $1040 a month? You have a family and kids to feed, not to mention medical care, school, and more. HUD can help people get placed into a home, but client's need to be self-sufficient. Otherwise they will just be evicted in the future. Locate housing assistance from HUD.