Mortgage and property taxes

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
sam1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Mortgage and property taxes

Post by sam1 »

Dear Friend,

I am disabled and on a fixed income recieving social security only each month. The mortgage payment/tax/insurance payment leaves less than $210 for electric phone water and anything else. Can I get assistance for water and my monthly mortgage payment.
I live in New Mexico,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Mortgage and property taxes

Post by Admin »

New Mexico does offer some mortgage and housing help. The best option for you may be mediation. They can deal with your housing payment and lender. Property taxes are always more challenging. Did you try contesting them with the local assessor? Get the taxes reduced, especially now that home prices have declined.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/new ... and_f.html
sam1 wrote:Dear Friend,

I am disabled and on a fixed income recieving social security only each month. The mortgage payment/tax/insurance payment leaves less than $210 for electric phone water and anything else. Can I get assistance for water and my monthly mortgage payment.
I live in New Mexico,
Jaeger
anti spam: Blue

Re: Mortgage and property taxes

Post by Jaeger »

I experienced a setback with my mortgage payments in the spring when I had an unexpected car repair bill come up. I had no choice but to use my money from my mortgage payment to get it fixed since my savings is gone. I am working with my lender to extend the payment that I owe for about 5 months but the difference is making me behind in paying other bills, including taxes.
I did learn that if I pay the shortage of about $176.00 by September (with my regular monthly payment) I will be caught up. Is there any more help out there for me. I was never behind like this until my care broke down. I have medical bills that I'm paying on also. Please let me know of any assistance to help me.