Facing foreclosure on unemployment

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
Mikey1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Facing foreclosure on unemployment

Post by Mikey1 »

We are in foreclosure and will probably be in the house for at least 4 or 5 more months. I am on unemployment and my wife works and provides our health insurance. The unemployment is not enough to pay our mortgage, and the bank and court sent us a foreclosure notice. I need help with everything, including oil. We have been unable to have heat due to the tank being out of oil. Our electric is going to be turned off so we need to wait until Nov. 1 to apply for electric monies from the Salvation Army. Checked with Citizens Eng. Joe-4-Oil, they are not accepting apps at this time. Can you offer some help. Save my home, and keep us warm. Thank you very much,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Facing foreclosure on unemployment

Post by Admin »

Have you heard of the HUD emergency homeowner loan program? It was created from bailout money, and it can provide homeowners with a short term loan, and zero percent interest! that people use to pay their mortgage and other housing expenses. Most states provide this option to residents. The Housing and Urban Development Agency runs the program. It can even help people if they have had a reduction in income from a job loss, or just cutback in hours at work.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... loan_.html
Mikey1 wrote:We are in foreclosure and will probably be in the house for at least 4 or 5 more months. I am on unemployment and my wife works and provides our health insurance. The unemployment is not enough to pay our mortgage, and the bank and court sent us a foreclosure notice. I need help with everything, including oil. We have been unable to have heat due to the tank being out of oil. Our electric is going to be turned off so we need to wait until Nov. 1 to apply for electric monies from the Salvation Army. Checked with Citizens Eng. Joe-4-Oil, they are not accepting apps at this time. Can you offer some help. Save my home, and keep us warm. Thank you very much,
Smith99

Post by Smith99 »

Hi I lost my job back Jan. 10, 2011 and am currently unemployed. I am looking for work the house I'm paying a mortgage on went to auction Feb 23rd I paid my last $900.00 for rent for Feb. and have no more money to pay any bills I called and went to the lowest plans that I could to cut costs but with no income coming in I cannot make it. Trying to get some help I'am getting food stamps and medical assistants until April. I am facing a foreclosure and need help. Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some HUD emergency loan programs for people who have recently lost their jobs. It is an emergency homeowner loan program. More information is at this link. Also read about foreclosure prevention programs from non-profit agencies, banks, as well as the federal government. So many mortgage solutions exist today. Call around and ask for mortgage help.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... tgage.html
Smith99 wrote:Hi I lost my job back Jan. 10, 2011 and am currently unemployed. I am looking for work the house I'm paying a mortgage on went to auction Feb 23rd I paid my last $900.00 for rent for Feb. and have no more money to pay any bills I called and went to the lowest plans that I could to cut costs but with no income coming in I cannot make it. Trying to get some help I'am getting food stamps and medical assistants until April. I am facing a foreclosure and need help. Thank You
LizziStev

Post by LizziStev »

Wife fooled around, won't reconcile because I ave nerve disease (RSD/CRPS all limbs) & fibromyalgia and to make matters worse am unemployed. Am 53, on SSDI since 1992 ($1500 monthly). Live in Feasterville, would hope to stay in general area close to doctors. College student son lives with me. I can't find apartment (1 or 2 bedrms) to accept me based on my check. House, near worthless from equity loans, taxes, is up for sale. We've turned down only solid offer because I have nowhere to go. Credit cards near maxed, house near foreclosure. I'm desperate to find rent assisted housing before we're on street.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have extensive credit card debt, and are facing a foreclosure, then I recommend a non-profit credit and housing counseling agency. Look for a HUD certified agency. Information and locations of HUD foreclosure counseling agencies are at this location. Depending on your income and situation, much of the counseling will even be free, which is a tremendous help for mortgage and debt issues. Some programs for unemployed have been created too.
LizziStev wrote:Wife fooled around, won't reconcile because I ave nerve disease (RSD/CRPS all limbs) & fibromyalgia and to make matters worse am unemployed. Am 53, on SSDI since 1992 ($1500 monthly). Live in Feasterville, would hope to stay in general area close to doctors. College student son lives with me. I can't find apartment (1 or 2 bedrms) to accept me based on my check. House, near worthless from equity loans, taxes, is up for sale. We've turned down only solid offer because I have nowhere to go. Credit cards near maxed, house near foreclosure. I'm desperate to find rent assisted housing before we're on street.
Papandraeus

Post by Papandraeus »

Hi, i have several difference need, i just lost my job and my husband only work part-time. My first need is employment, we are facing foreclosure, we would love save to save our home. I also need gas, pepco and water bill help. I already apply for utilities assistance::our gas is off and will take a least two month before we receive assistance before our heats is turn back on. last but not least our car note and insurance is behind in risk of repossess and terminated. My husband is a delivery driver if he loose the mean to the car he automatically losses his job. We are fighting hard to keep our head above water with our two little girls. Any type of help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The federal government has started some mortgage assistance programs to help the unemployed. Among them include the Hardest hut fund as well as well as the Home Affordable Unemployment Program. Some are more like loans that do not need to be repaid if the homeowners keep up on their payments. Find more information on these, as well as other mortgage help services and resources here.
Papandraeus wrote:Hi, i have several difference need, i just lost my job and my husband only work part-time. My first need is employment, we are facing foreclosure, we would love save to save our home. I also need gas, pepco and water bill help. I already apply for utilities assistance::our gas is off and will take a least two month before we receive assistance before our heats is turn back on. last but not least our car note and insurance is behind in risk of repossess and terminated. My husband is a delivery driver if he loose the mean to the car he automatically losses his job. We are fighting hard to keep our head above water with our two little girls. Any type of help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
JohnsonD

Post by JohnsonD »

We need assistance in bringing our mortgage and car payment up to date. The car payment is 2 months behind and the mortgage is 1 month going on 2 months behind. We are going through the NC foreclosure prevention fund now and waiting to here something. We live in Raleigh, NC and there is just not much funding available here. We did use Christian United Outreach Center once so we can't use it again. My hours have been reduced some and one week I may have 20 hours the next I may have 32 hours who know so that makes it hard to budget your bills. My wife lost her unemployment in December of 2011 and has not been able to find a job since. We have a 5 year old son with daughter asthma, allergies and severe ADHD and her medications along with my wife and mine cost about 300.00 out of pocket a month so we are struggling really bad. We have leaned on family members until we are ashamed to ask anymore. Any help or assistance with a program that you know of to help out would greatly be appreciated.
a123

Post by a123 »

Well, not much for car payments. Maybe speak to a non-profit credit counselor in North Carolina. We know the Wake County part of NC economy is really turning around, and companies are hiring. So maybe your wife will be able to get a job and get that income to come in, which is the best solution to a car or home loan payment. As far as budget, always plan on working what you think the worst case hours are and plan your expenses using that level. It is always plan for the worse and hope for the best. But you asked about foreclosures too, and NC has a great home owner program. It is the prevention fund, and details can be found here. Most of the services are free too. http://www.ncforeclosurehelp.org/
David Robinson

Post by David Robinson »

Hello, I am located in Oxnard California. I was laid off from my job and and am receiving unemployment up until a few weeks ago when it was cut from the budget. I have been looking for work consistently, been on several interviews and applied for state assistance which may be approved but not in time to save my home. The bank is in the process of foreclosing on it. My son and I are facing losing our home any day unless we get just a little time to maintain. I can use all the help and resources I can get. Please contact me with any information you may have. Thank you.
Euro

Post by Euro »

I am in serious need to help pay my water, sewer and utility bills. I have been unemployed for 2 years now and depleted all of my savings. And now in the midst of foreclosure in Riverside California but, I need running water and my lights to stay on to at least take a bath and keep water and milk cold. Not sure about my financial future. Hopeful and continuously praying everyday for a miracle. Just trying to survive before my court date to vacate the premises. This is my home that I have lived in for 11 years now. Can you help me?
JJJudy

Post by JJJudy »

Our home has been foreclosed. We are located in West Allis, WI. I am on unemployment and in desperate need of assistance. I have to vacate by August 1st. Do you have any resources to assist our family? We will be homeless without any assistance.
Hopkins

Post by Hopkins »

Hi,
I wonder if you can help me.
I have been out of work since last October. I was under the impression that I am not eligible to receive unemployment benefits so I never applied. My wife earns an average of $3000.00 a month and we own our own home. In about 5 months, we will end up in foreclosure because there is not enough income. We have tried to cut back but it looks like we will run out of money.
Do we have any options?
Thank you for your time,
Gamefly

Post by Gamefly »

Good morning.  On October 8th of 2020 I was terminated from my job of 33+ years.  Around the first part of November, I began receiving unemployment ($474.00 per week) that is due to expire the first week of February. Not I am facing a foreclosure. I am applying for jobs every day but it is hard for a 61+ year old white male / non-veteran with disabilities (diabetes and PTSD) to find employment that will pay the bills.  My wife works a part-time job that grosses $138.00 every 2 weeks.  And to round out our household, we have an 8 year old son that has ADHD and high-functioning Autism.  I have been on your site numerous times and have contacted several agencies listed.  Right now, the unemployment has been paying for our mortgage and utility bills but now we are facing foreclosure.  Food and gas have been coming out of our small savings which is rapidly being depleted.  And my unemployment is set to expire the first week of February.  I have already applied for over 200 jobs with only 2 interviews (no job offers).  If you have any programs we might want to look into, please advise. Thank you and god bless,