Foreclosure mediation to save home

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
Tobb
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Foreclosure mediation to save home

Post by Tobb »

Hi,
I am a school teacher and never thought I would come to this, but I am in dire straights. I am in Chapter 13, and will be for about 20 more months. I cannot pay my house payment anymore, so I a thinking of walking away from that after a recent foreclosure mediation session did not work. My immediate need is with my electric bill, however. I have discovered my son has a gambling problem, and this month has cleaned me out completely. I have no money, and cannot buy gas or groceries, or my electricity or car. My main need now is my electricity. It is to be cut off tomorrow, so I know you probably can't help, but I am desperate. Last month he told me he paid it but his check did not clear so I owe two months at a whopping $735. I have cancelled my debit card so he cannot get any more of my money. Apparently he has the numbers memorized and did not use the card. I had not used it, so I thought I had money till I checked last week. He told me he put a check in my account, but he had not received his paycheck, so it did not clear. I am at my wits ends. The electtric company will not help me out. I have everything I own up for sale, but no one is buying. I have even listed his pool table, but no takers. Do you know of any help out there for me, such as another foreclosure mediation counselor or electric bill programs? I do not get paid till the end of the month and am desperate. I lived with a recovering alcoholic for many years before he died, and my son knows about a 12 step program, but that is not helping right now. I have a job thank goodness, but have to have a car and and gas and electricity. If you have suggestions I would appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Foreclosure mediation to save home

Post by Admin »

Most states have foreclosure mediation programs. You can work with a counselor or state representative or mediator, who will sit with both you and your lender to try to find a solution. While these are not always successful, the mediator will try to find a solution that both you and your bank or lender can agree to. Always note that sometimes people are so far behind, or living beyond their means, so there is just no way to avoid mediation.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Tobb wrote:Hi,
I am a school teacher and never thought I would come to this, but I am in dire straights. I am in Chapter 13, and will be for about 20 more months. I cannot pay my house payment anymore, so I a thinking of walking away from that after a recent foreclosure mediation session did not work. My immediate need is with my electric bill, however. I have discovered my son has a gambling problem, and this month has cleaned me out completely. I have no money, and cannot buy gas or groceries, or my electricity or car. My main need now is my electricity. It is to be cut off tomorrow, so I know you probably can't help, but I am desperate. Last month he told me he paid it but his check did not clear so I owe two months at a whopping $735. I have cancelled my debit card so he cannot get any more of my money. Apparently he has the numbers memorized and did not use the card. I had not used it, so I thought I had money till I checked last week. He told me he put a check in my account, but he had not received his paycheck, so it did not clear. I am at my wits ends. The electtric company will not help me out. I have everything I own up for sale, but no one is buying. I have even listed his pool table, but no takers. Do you know of any help out there for me, such as another foreclosure mediation counselor or electric bill programs? I do not get paid till the end of the month and am desperate. I lived with a recovering alcoholic for many years before he died, and my son knows about a 12 step program, but that is not helping right now. I have a job thank goodness, but have to have a car and and gas and electricity. If you have suggestions I would appreciate it.
Shapman

Post by Shapman »

My husband left me and I can't afford the house. It is going up for foreclosure. I make $300 a week with a family of 4.
I have no money, no food and my utilities are going to be close to being shut off. I need to find a low income bankruptcy lawyer for mediation of the home, a divorce lawyer and any help for my son. He is leaving for the marines this year and he doesn't even have good sneakers to train or know what to do or were else to turn. I think the mediation can provide me time before the home is foreclosed.
Bosch

Post by Bosch »

You sent me links but I can’t find specific resources to help me save my home from foreclosure using mediation.   I live in Delaware and had financial hardship along with terrible mortgage company changing my loan. They did this without notifying me to an even worse company who now want way more than what I owe.
I now have a full time job and want to come up with a medication solution but I get absolutely nowhere with these people.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a foreclosure mediation program in Nevada. Maybe the professionals there can give you the advice, counseling and support you need. Note mediation is free and unbiased too.