Lien on my home

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
Dexia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Lien on my home

Post by Dexia »

Hello, I live in Massachusetts and am facing a lien being placed on my house if I do not pay my $1500. water bill. I am also in the process of trying (for two years) to get approved for a loan modification through Chase. I am a single mother of 4 children, and recently opened a small business but still qualify for food stamps and Masshealth. Can you please tell me how to apply for the The Low Income Payment Program (LIPP) and the H2O Help to Others Program? I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lien on my home

Post by Admin »

You first need to start with your housing and mortgage payments. Then worry about water bills. Water bills do not matter if you have no home or shelter. Try this for Massachusetts mortgage assistance programs from government and local organizations. Try looking into the Massachusetts mortgage relief fund and free HUD foreclosure counseling in Massachusetts.
Dexia wrote:Hello, I live in Massachusetts and am facing a lien being placed on my house if I do not pay my $1500. water bill. I am also in the process of trying (for two years) to get approved for a loan modification through Chase. I am a single mother of 4 children, and recently opened a small business but still qualify for food stamps and Masshealth. Can you please tell me how to apply for the The Low Income Payment Program (LIPP) and the H2O Help to Others Program? I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
gracie

Post by gracie »

I live in Illinois and have worked in Missouri for 15 years. I had to wait until my youngest son graduated before moving due to a clause in Illinois divorces.
Single mom, I have 4 children 4 under age 12 currently at home. I am the only income with a full time job.
Living paycheck to paycheck due to the rise iand insurance cost, my payments are $600/month
I can't afford 2 houses.
I can't sell my current home in the condition it's in due to IL requirements on breakers vs. fuses
I can't afford to upgrade the electric.
I could sell "as is" at a reduced price however I need a secure place to move into
Due to my loan being transferred in January and the previous company keeping the payments until May, my credit has been hit with being behind.
It has been suggested to me to let them foreclose on my home however, I have spent a great deal of time and money to try and improve my credit since my divorce.
Bankruptcy was another option.
What other options do I have?
Frapp

Post by Frapp »

Hello,
  My name is Andrew. I have fallen on hard times and I am thankful for your site. I have been reading over it for the past few days in order to find help to resolve a lien on my home. I am trying to find help to get caught up on my mortgage. In January I was promoted, I work for Food 4 Less, and given a 10 cent raise. However, they cut my hours back from 36 to 24. I did not want this promotion and my union, UFCW, can't and won't do anything about it. I now bring home about 240 a week rather than my 360. My mortgage is about 720 a month. I live alone and pay for Cell, internet, gas, water, trash and power myself. I have been putting most of my bills on my credit card, which I have now foolishly maxed out. I have unemployment insurance that adds an extra 50 dollars a week. I tried roommates, but I had to kick them out and was left with a 700+ lean on my house because of them. I found a program locally through Valley Star Adult Mental Health center that can help me with my mortgage. However, before they can help me, I have to get the back pay caught up.
    The problem I am having with a lot of the services I found on the site is, I am not a veteran, not a minority, not a immigrate, don't have kids, never married, and I am not unemployed. Some of the programs are closed, like the Keep Your Home, California. I am a white 38 year male living alone in my childhood home trying to get the lien off my loan. All my family is deceased and I am an only child. I live in Hesperia which is part of San Bernardino county inside of California. Is there any programs that can help for someone like me?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you live in California, and are a veteran/struggling, you do have some options available to you.
But what do you mean by lien off your loan? Lien on what? Property taxes?
Regardless, look here for free mortgage help in California.

Frapp wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:31 am     The problem I am having with a lot of the services I found on the site is, I am not a veteran, not a minority, not a immigrate, don't have kids, never married, and I am not unemployed. Some of the programs are closed, like the Keep Your Home, California. I am a white 38 year male living alone in my childhood home trying to get the lien off my loan. All my family is deceased and I am an only child. I live in Hesperia which is part of San Bernardino county inside of California. Is there any programs that can help for someone like me?