Crying for budgeting and financial advice

Shantai Chambers
Antispam check: Dog

Crying for budgeting and financial advice

Post by Shantai Chambers »

Hello, my name is Nichole, and to be honest I'm not even sure where to begin to get budgeting advice. I came across this site after searching for weeks for some type of assistance with budgeting and general financial literacy help. Unfortunately, where I live the resources are limited.
I currently have an appointment with my local DHS office for SNAP and TEA, but I'm in a very tight and desperate situation. I also have an appointment with a credit counselor for advice.
I'm a single mother, full time employee and I'm also enrolled full time online. While I do have a full time job, I'm also the sole provider for my household. I was a foster child at 11 and teenage mother at 16 so I've always been on my own. I do receive financial aid for my classes but that's all it covers. I don't receive any other type of assistance. I don't qualify for HUD, so rent assistance isn't an option where I live. A separation a few months ago left me in a debt that's proven very difficult to get out of. I live 30 minutes from my job, but I have to leave home an hour early because of my vehicle.
Like a lot of things right now I can’t afford to fix it. The repair cost of it alone is over $1000. I've thought several times about a part time job to bring in extra income for budgeting, but I can’t find one that will fit into my schedule. I work from Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. That may seem like a decent check, but it’s based on production and for months the materials haven't been the best which has taken away from that production. so, money has been very tight. Issues with my health have caused me to miss time as well so that also takes a toll on my check. Because of my jobs attendance policy and the amount of time I missed for doctors, I've gotten a few speeding tickets trying to make it on time, I need every penny I can get or budget. I'm currently on a payment plan but if I don't pay on it before October 25, I will find myself in contempt and jail, with no bond.
I've got 2 credit cards, but they are maxed out and I can’t afford either of them. I now find myself with my back against the wall and while I'm praying for a miracle and the strength to get through this, I'm in such a deep depression that most days I'm not sure how I'm even functioning. I've tried so many different ways online to help earn extra money that I've lost to a few scams. I've tried survey after survey, but they seem to take more time than worth because of such small payouts. I've applied for a few jobs online but haven't been successful. I've called the state 211 and nothing.
I don't have family to ask for help and my kid's other family isn't involved. What few friends I have are living check to check as well so I can't ask them. Between my job and school, making time to cook, help with homework, and other daily have to do's, I'm exhausted. I'm barely getting any sleep, I make sure my kids eat but a lot of days I go hungry.
I'm not asking for help with anything other than my rent, credit cards and general financial advice to get me out of this hole. My rent and debt payment is $850 a month and was due by the 10th. That was also the last day to pay my light bill of $324 or it would be disconnected, and it has a deferral payment on it, so I would've had to accumulate over $700 to have it turned back on, so I did pay that. If my rent is not paid by then I get a late fee of $25. If it’s not paid in full including the late fee by the 20th, I have to move. If evicted, my children and I have absolutely no where to go and I'm scared that will be the last thing I’ll be able to handle mentally.
I'm at my breaking point and depressed beyond my control. At this point I'm begging for anybody to help or point me in the direction of legit help. Now I'm here, not knowing what to expect, who's on the other end of this message but please. If you can help I would be forever grateful. I've turned every corner and tried to open every door. I've prayed and prayed, I've always been told the Lord won't put more on you than you can handle but I've handled all I can. I know I need help with my depression and vehicle and numerous other things but right now my main concern is keeping a stable roof over my children's heads.
I've cried so hard trying to type this that I can't even remember exactly where it’s going. To whoever this reaches, please help. And if you can't provide help with my financial needs or debts, I understand but if you know of anyone that can and will please point me in that direction please for budgeting advice and help with financial literacy. If you're willing to help, I will provide my information needed and can any document needed to show proof of everything. I look forward to hearing from you.