Stocks sell off for Coronavirus

Violet Middleton

Stocks sell off for Coronavirus

Post by Violet Middleton »

Could be on the cusp of a global depression and double bear market in stocks depending how long this pandemic lasts.
This stock sell off is one for the history books folks.
Hunker down and take this sell off seriously. Supply chain shock from China's shutdown is on the way.
My wife is a doctor. She says there are protective gear shortages and they are already rampant and the "spike" in cases hasn't arrived yet. We are not ready for this.
Unbelievable that there's still some MAGA dunce cap wearers who believe this is all some kind of leftist media hoax.
Just my thoughts - Violet

J. Garvin
Antispam check: Dog

Re: Stocks sell off for Coronavirus

Post by J. Garvin »

There appears to be absolutely no reason to buy stocks the next few weeks, even for long-term investors and even if one still expects to see a "V" shaped recovery post Coronavirus. Our economy will continue to contract for several months, and during that time there almost certainly will be more downward legs in the stock market.
Numerous companies in several U.S. industries will need to be saved, e.g., via very low-cost loans, such that many companies will be "thinly capitalized" in just a few weeks. Despite the anticipated low-interest rescue loans for businesses due to Coronavirus, the rescued companies are going to need a long time to repay their rescue and normal debts.

justin glenn
Antispam check: Dog

Re: Stocks sell off for Coronavirus

Post by justin glenn »

I find it a little strange that every time I take a glance over here to see the latest, every headline is negative and fearful, seemingly in spite of the last few days of a reprieve from all the red ink of the recent Coronavirus stock sell off. Are we cheerleading against any scrap of potential "good news" these days about the Coronavirus? I mean, I get it... There is no more "free market" after what The Fed has done over the last couple of weeks to stop the sell off, and we're full-on into an exercise in modern monetary theory, but true too is the fact that in the markets, as in politics, perception is reality. Seems like we're working overtime around here to bolster some negative perceptions to justify the stock sell off, yeah?