Recent college grad seeking public service forgiveness

Robbin Truman

Recent college grad seeking public service forgiveness

Post by Robbin Truman »

Hello,
My name is Robbin, a recent college grad looking for counseling on a student loan repayment. I am not sure how this works and would like some help. I currently have a lot of student loan debt and a variety of loans I have taken out. My salary is not that high, but I am working.
I work for a nonprofit and am currently needing advice about consolidating my loans through private lender or public service loan forgiveness plan. I also need general financial literacy advice. I believe that the parent PLUS loan my parents took out is ineligible for public service forgiveness but need clarification.
My payments will begin in November or December and hope to find the help I need.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Recent college grad seeking public service forgiveness

Post by admin »

There is a lot of complication around the public service loan forgiveness plan from the US Department of Education. Some people can get loan forgiven, some struggle. The financial program is complicated to apply for, understand, and get. We have two options for you on your student loans, and one is t StudentAid.gov or try FAFSA at 1-800-433-3243. We also of course have many resources listed on our website to assist with improving your financial literacy skills.
Jon
Robbin Truman wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:43 am
Hello,
My name is Robbin, a recent college grad looking for counseling on a student loan repayment. I am not sure how this works and would like some help. I currently have a lot of student loan debt and a variety of loans I have taken out. My salary is not that high, but I am working.
I work for a nonprofit and am currently needing advice about consolidating my loans through private lender or public service loan forgiveness plan. I also need general financial literacy advice. I believe that the parent PLUS loan my parents took out is ineligible for public service forgiveness but need clarification.
My payments will begin in November or December and hope to find the help I need.