Live in New York City and lots of debt

Anthony Martinez

Live in New York City and lots of debt

Post by Anthony Martinez »

To whom it may concern:
My name is Anthony and I was referred to you by Hannah Calhoun from Robinhood. I have residency in New York City in all 24 years of my life. I am reaching out to you because I have made poor financial life decisions and am in a lot of debt. I have horrible credit, student loans, a lot of credit card debt, and recently had an expensive ACL and Meniscus surgery. When I had that operation, I was unfortunately uninsured, which also put me more into debt and hurt my credit scores.
I was wondering if it was possible for you guys to guide me or direct me to places where I can alleviate this debt and medical bills? And also how to learn about finances and improve my literacy? I am also interested in finding out how I may receive reduced physical therapy costs since I am still uninsured.
I confidently believe that the debt will be paid off with hard work and patience. However, I was wondering if there were any programs out there that will help alleviate my situation with repairing my credit as well as these bills as financial constraints can be very overwhelming. Please let me know if you need anything on my end.
Please let me know your thoughts at your earliest convenience.
Best Regards,

admin
Site Admin

Re: Live in New York City and lots of debt

Post by admin »

Hi Anthony,
NYC is obviously a pricey place to live, and being in debt with poor credit makes it even challenging. Maybe the good news is New York City does offer a bunch of social as well as financial services to residents. One place that may help you is the City's Financial Empowerment Center. The English office is at 42 Broadway, New York, NY 10004, and you book an appointment online or dial 311. All sorts of budgeting workshops, debt reduction services, financial literacy programs, and general guidance is offered from them.
Anthony Martinez wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:51 am
To whom it may concern:
My name is Anthony and I was referred to you by Hannah Calhoun from Robinhood. I have residency in New York City in all 24 years of my life. I am reaching out to you because I have made poor financial life decisions and am in a lot of debt. I have horrible credit, student loans, a lot of credit card debt, and recently had an expensive ACL and Meniscus surgery. When I had that operation, I was unfortunately uninsured, which also put me more into debt and hurt my credit scores.