West Texas assistance programs.
Find information on how to get help in Andrews, Borden, Dawson, Gaines, Glasscock, Howard, Martin, Upton, Fisher, Nolan, and Scurry Counties Texas. Find how to get free food, housing and rent assistance, funds for utility bills, and much more.
Northside Community Center - Various assistance programs are administered by this non-profit. Among them, the agency provides financial assistance, clothing, and free food. Other programs and serves focus on assisting with housing and non-residence assistance, family services, information and referral to federal and state of Texas assistance programs are also available. GED classes available upon completion of classes and referral from instructor the center will pay for state testing at Howard College. In addition, free legal assistance can also be obtained for non-criminal matters for those eligible service. Last, but not least, they can assist with providing medication and eye screening and eye exams to qualified individuals. Big Spring Texas. (432)263-2673.
Salvation Army - The organization provides assistance with paying for water, electric, gas bills and also offers rent assistance, gently used and discounted clothes, and free food. In addition various commodities and groceries are offered, as well as access to a thrift store. (432)267-8239
Dial West Texas Opportunities, Inc., which is located in Lamesa Texas, can be reached at (806) 872-8354.
Christian Ministry distributes free food and new or used clothing to people in need. Call (432)263-4758
The Bob Lewis Mission is a church based organization that tries to provides emergency food, clothing and coats to the general public and people who need help. The Bob Lewis Mission accepts all petitions from people and families who request free food, groceries or coats on an emergency basis. The mission will also provide funds for paying housing expenses and lodging if funds are available. Seminole Texas. (432)758-3708
West Texas Opportunities, Inc. is the primary place to go to for help in the area. They are the community action agency that provides support to all of West Texas. Various assistance and financial programs are offered to people who need help.
- General assistance - Get help and advice, including budget counseling, information on government programs and charities, and education referrals. Learn about such options as credit card assistance programs. Read more.
- Emergency assistance - Limited funding can help pay rent, housing expenses, medications, and other critical needs.
- Energy and utility bill help - The state of Texas runs a program known as the Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program. this was created to assist low-income persons, elderly, the disabled and others who may be experiencing difficulties in paying their energy expenses and bills. It can provide limited ongoing financial assistance, and help pay bills in a crisis situation.
- Weatherization - Find how to save money on your energy bills. Low-income persons can get help in reducing their energy bills, and weatherization can help in the education of heating and cooling bills and expenses. Materials and home improvements such as additional floor and attic insulation, weather stripping, thresholds, new doors and weather-stripping and caulking are provided to eligible low income households.
- Other programs - Other options and programs include Head Start, Transportation Assistance, and Child Care assistance and programs. They may also have ESG grant funding which can help with expenses such as security deposits or back rent in a crisis.
Many other services are offered by WTO in counties such as Dawson, Andrews, and all of western Texas. Whether someone needs a job, or is living in poverty, referrals may be given. Find financial help from West Texas Opportunities.
Andrews Food Pantry - This goal of the pantry is to help people and families by providing them with free food twice a month to needy families. Call (432)524-7051.