Loans from the Delaware Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program
This program will provide homeowners in Delaware with a low interest loan that is used to make mortgage payments. The mortgage assistance program is available for all single and two family residences, cooperatives, condominiums and even manufactured homes that are located in the state.
The goal is to provide individuals and families with assistance in preventing and/or stopping a foreclosure. It will help those people who are faced with a circumstance that was created from a financial hardship that was beyond the homeowner's control, such as a job loss or medical emergency.
What conditions need to be met.
There are some conditions that must be met by those who apply for aid. They include:
- The homeowner must be at least 90 days or more behind on their mortgage payments at the time of applying for help.
- The applicant must be suffering from financial hardship beyond their control.
- The individual or family must have had a good mortgage and or credit history prior to the current delinquency as this is not intended to be a charity program.
- The homeowner must be able to demonstrate a reasonable prospect of being able to resume making payments on their mortgage in the not so distant future.
- Currently can’t have no more than two mortgages on the subject property.
Terms of the loan from the Delaware Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program
They are very competitive, and beneficial to homeowners. The terms include an interest rate that is fixed @ 3% simple interest and the maximum amount of the loan is $15,000.
In addition, there are two types of loans:
- Non-Continuing which will pay only past due balance and the payments will not exceed 12 months of accrued payments or $15,000. The second option is
- Continuing Loan. This will pay a delinquent loan balance as well as ongoing monthly payments not to exceed 12 months or $15,000.
Contact your loan bank, or lender, or a housing or mortgage counselor in Delaware to learn more. Click here to find a listing of non-profits and assistance programs in Delaware that should have more information on the Delaware Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program.