Union Plus offers labor union members a debt management plan.
Union Plus offers organized labor and union members a variety of assistance programs, including a debt management plan. The DMP is free to members for the first 12 months, and then after that timerame minimal fees will be required. In addition, they offer a wide range of financial help for union members and their families that may be facing hardships, including layoffs, in this difficult economy. Here’s a look at the details of the debt management plan.
Union Plus Debt Management Plan Benefits
- The plans offers free budgeting advice and counseling from certified consumer credit counseling advisors. The advice will help you create a successful debt management plan program. If it is adhered to, it will help you eliminate debt and stay current with your bills.
- Both money management and consumer credit counseling workshop are provided for union members so they can get face to face contact, and you may also find Union Plus mortgage assistance at these locations.
- The DMP can also be free for those union members who require additional assistance in eliminating their debt. Those who are struggling can receive an enrollment fee waiver for the Debt Management Plan (DMP) which is readily available through Union Plus Credit Counseling.
- They will provide free advice on how to negotiate and work with creditors. Find additional credit card negotiation tips. More.
- In addition, union members can receive a free cash grant to reimburse the monthly DMP fees after they have been in the program for 12 months of successful participation in the DMP.
- The counselor will provide assistance in budgeting, and can also help you find sources of additional income to help you pay the bills.
- They will provide a written action plan that will summarize your personal financial situation, provides you with a budget and a realistic timeline for reaching your debt management and repayment goals.
- No enrollment fees are done, so the initial consultation is free.
- They may have established relationships with credit card companies that may prove beneficial to your situation. Find information on other card card hardship programs. Read more.
Conditions of the program
- You need to be a union member, family member of someone that is qualified or an union retiree.
- For the free Debt Management Plan (DMP) grants, you need to enroll after January 26, 2009 in the Union Plus Credit Counseling DMP through the program provider, which is Money Management International (MMI)
- After you have been in the DMP for 12 months, MMI will then send you a Certificate of Participation which will validate your enrollment in the program. This is needed for reimbursement, as the certificate will indicate the total amount of monthly fees for which you will be reimbursed for your participation.
All advice provided from this counseling service is based upon your individual financial situation, of course with consideration giving to your family’s condition. The financial counselor will let you know if it appears that you can make your existing payments on your own without help. If they do not believe it is possible, the credit counselor will analyze other debt repayment options for you.
One of the primary alternatives explored will be the Debt Management Plan (DMP), as this has the primary goal of getting you get back on track to a solid financial condition. The counselor may very well decide to discuss other options with you as well such as seeking legal advice to understand your options under existing bankruptcy laws, if they feel that is the best option for you.