Logan, Champaign, and Shelby County assistance programs.
Non-profits that offer rent, utility, and heating assistance
- Catholic Charities - 652-2125 or 325-8715
- St. Vincent DePaul - 322-0838
- Salvation Army - 322-3434 or 484-4244
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program - 325-8366
- Enon Relief (Mad-River/Green Township) - 864-7664
Alpha Community Center Emergency Housing - This Sidney Ohio based non-profit provides housing and foreclosure counseling and funding for emergency housing and utility needs when someone is faced with a crisis. 937-489-1739
Tri-County Community Action Commission of CLS - This is the local community action agency for Shelby, Champaign, and Logan Ohio. They administer a number of financial assistance programs and can also provide information for the unemployed, working poor, and needy in the area.
- Weatherization - Get access to free weatherization and energy conservation programs. The community action agency can coordinate to have insulation added to your floors, attic, and sidewalls. Other services offered can include inspecting your heating unit, which will also be inspected and tuned if needed. All service is free of charge to income qualifying low income persons and families.
- Emergency Food and Shelter Program - This federal government funded program may be able to assist you with paying for a deposit for moving into a new home, provide money to pay an energy bill so your service is not disconnected, or offer money if you have an eviction notice from your landlord.
- Home repairs - This program can help you deal with housing issues. Home repair services offered and supported by the Tri-County Community Action Commission of CLS include, but are not limited to the following. Window Replacement, Ramps; Grab Bars; Furnace; Doors; Floors (fix or repair wood); Plumbing; Heavy-duty cleaning; Air Conditioners; outside work and more.
- Home Energy Assistance Program - Get cash grants from this utility program. It is available during the summer to pay your air conditioner bills, and you can also get financial help during the winter to pay your heating bills.
- Career counseling and computer training - From time to time they can offer computer classes and help people find jobs.
The main office is located in Bellefontaine, but the programs and resources are available to all people across the region. Call (937) 593-0034.
Medical and health care
- Health Districts - 390-5600 or 484-1605
- Veterans Health Center - 328-3385
- Rocking Horse - 324-1111
- Mercy Medical Assistance - 653-5231 or 328-9406
- Help Me Grow - 484-1514 or 322-2099
Compassionate Care of Shelby County, Inc. (937-492-6400) - This community clinic provides low cost or free primary healthcare services to the uninsured, low income and underinsured residents of Shelby County Ohio. Residents and patients who are eligible for state or federal government funded programs do not qualify for services at this community clinic.
Debt and foreclosure prevention
Consumer Credit Counseling Service - This non-profit credit counseling agency offers debt management programs, budget and credit counseling, foreclosure prevention, HUD certified counseling, and financial education classes for individuals and families. Consumer Credit Counseling is both a HUD approved housing counseling agency and they are also accredited by the Council on Accreditation. 492-1953