Catholic Charity financial assistance.
Catholic Charities provides a number of assistance programs to families. People of all backgrounds and religions may be able to receive help. A comprehensive listing of the emergency programs, financial assistance, and counseling services offered are listed below. Also find locations and phone numbers of the main Catholic charity offices by state and county.
Last year over 3,000 offices provided some form of assistance in over 15 million cases. The services offered by Catholic Charities are extensive, and range from free or low cost food, housing programs to strengthen families, rent help, and help paying for basic needs. The exact types of programs and services offered will vary by location, church, and center which are listed below. Most centers only have a limited amount of funding as well.
The food pantries and banks that are offered is how Catholic Charities helps the highest number of people. Millions of hot meals, emergency food and grocery boxes, and holiday meals are provided every year. From time to time groceries, food boxes and meals may even be delivered as well to the homebound and seniors. Also soup kitchens and congregate dining is offered.
A number of emergency housing services are offered by Catholic Charities. People who were evicted can find shelter. Individuals can then work with a case manager to move into short term transitional housing, then together you will explore permanent housing options, including how to get help in paying security deposits and first month’s rent.
Financial assistance for basic needs can be paid for. Of course funding needs to be available, and applicants need to meet conditions before Catholic Charities will provide them with emergency financial assistance. There is often a waiting list, and funds are first come and served. Cash assistance can be provided to pay for some or all of the following.
- Utilities - Money to pay to prevent a disconnection of electric or water bills. Or if you have run out of heating fuel or oil then Catholic Charities may help.
- Clothing - Including work uniforms and school for children attending school.
- Prescriptions - Only a select few locations can pay for medications, and aid is very limited.
- Rental assistance - Get help in an emergency to pay rent if you are faced with imminent eviction, and some funds can be paid for security deposits.
Before any financial aid is offered, they will usually need to ensure people can get back on their feet as the emergency assistance for basic needs is very short term in nature. Some Catholic Charity services are also very limited in funding capacity. Other resources offered are listed below, or find additional information on high demand services, such as help with rent payments.
Counseling, including refugee services, immigration, assistance for pregnancy, adoption, and more.
Employment services, including career counseling and resume review, were provided to almost 100,000 people by Catholic Charities last year. Social workers and case managers from Catholic Charities know that finding a job and increasing your skills and income is key to becoming self-sufficient.
Locations of Catholic Charity main offices
There are thousands of locations around the country, however the main regional offices are noted below. If a center isn’t in your town or city then call a nearby Catholic Charity organization. Many cover nearby counties or they may have information on other churches or organizations in your immediate area.
- Baldwin Alabama Catholic Charities
Immigrants, seniors, families with children and the poor can receive aid including food, utility help, and more. Continue with Baldwin County.
- Catholic Social Services, Birmingham
2121 3rd Avenue North
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
Phone number - (205) 838-8316. Or more on Catholic Charities Birmingham programs.
- Catholic Social Services, Mobile
Primary address: 400 Government Street
Mobile, AL 36602
Call - (251) 434-1550, or click here for details.
- Catholic Social Services, Anchorage
3710 East 20th Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99508
Telephone number is (907) 276-5590. Read more on their programs.
- Catholic Community Service, Juneau - (907) 586-9018
- Catholic Charities Community Services, Phoenix
Primary address - 4747 North 7th Avenue
Dial for help and hours - (602) 285-1999. Get information assistance programs, including those in Mesa County.
- Foundation for Senior Living, Phoenix
1201 East Thomas Road
Phoenix, Arizona 85014
Call (602) 285-1800
- Catholic Community Services of Southern AZ, Inc.
1023 North Tyndall Avenue
Tucson, Arizona 85719
Telephone number is (520) 624-6452. As indicated, a large territory is supported. Get referrals to public aid, food panties, thrift stores, and limited amounts of emergency cash assistance for bills. Immigrants and refugees are supported too. Continue with Pima County.
- The entire Southeastern Arizona region has access to churches and Catholic Charity assistance programs. Various financial assistance programs are offered. Click here.
- Catholic Charities of Arkansas
Primary location is 2500 North Tyler Street
Little Rock, Arkansas 72207
(501) 664-0340. Or learn more on their programs.
- Catholic Charities - Diocese of Fresno. Call (559) 237-0851, or read more and the services offered.
The coast is also supported by churches and centers as well. Get details on Monterey County Catholic Charities assistance programs.
- Catholic Charities of Los Angeles
307 Warren Street
Telephone number is (323) 266-3130
1531 West 9th Street
Several centers are available in southern California. Various emergency assistance programs (rent, food, utilities), job training programs, food, and immigration services are offered.
Los Angeles County
Ventura County is supported too. More.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Monterey, Seaside - 831-393-3110
- Catholic Charities of the East Bay / Oakland
433 Jefferson Street
Oakland, California 94607
Call (510) 768-3100 for help. Or find more Alameda County and Catholic Charity Oakland programs.
- Catholic Charities of Orange County, Santa Ana California
Read more on programs administered.
- Catholic Charities of Sacramento, Inc.
Partners with many non-profits and churches in northern California. Meals, shelter, housing, rental assistance, and much more can be offered to the needy by this Sacramento location.
- Catholic Charities, San Bernardino
Address: 1800 Western Ave # 107
San Bernardino, California 92411
Telephone number - (909) 880-3625. The location also covers Riverside. Find details.
- Catholic Charities, San Diego
4575 Mission Gorge Pl # A
San Diego, California
Dial (619) 287-9454 to get information on resources available. However it can include vouchers for food or clothing, emergency funds for rent (if being evicted) or utilities (if shut off). Continue reading on San Diego County.
- Catholic Charities CYO, San Francisco
180 Howard St #100
San Francisco, CA 94105
A focus of this agency is on addressing housing, homelessness, and evictions. Self-sufficiency, employment services and more may be available. More information San Francisco Catholic Charities assistance.
- Santa Barbara County and nearby towns are covered as well. Various churches and groups partner with Catholic Charities. Continue.
- Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Address: 2625 Zanker Rd # 200
San Jose, California 95134
Main number - (408) 468-0100
Addressing the housing and nutritional needs of northern California residents is a focus. Information is also offered for job training and immigration services. Read more.
- Catholic Charities, Santa Rosa
987 Airway Court
Santa Rosa, California
Main number is (707) 528-8712
Resources are offered for the entire county. Get more details on Catholic Charities in Sonoma.
- Catholic Charities of Stockton
1106 North El Dorado Street
Stockton, CA 95202
(209) 444-5900. Click more Stanislaus County Catholic Charity programs.
- Boulder County. More information.
- Catholic Charities of Central Colorado
14 West Bijou Street
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Telephone - (719) 475-7314
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Denver
Address: 4045 Pecos Street, Denver, Colorado
Please call 720-377-1313 from Monday - Friday 8:00 - 8:45 AM to make an appointment. Click here for additional information.
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Pueblo. Get information on their services.