Catholic Charity financial assistance.
Catholic Charities provides a number of assistance programs to families. People of all backgrounds and religions may be able to receive help. A comprehensive listing of the emergency resources, financial assistance programs for paying bills or housing, and counseling services offered are listed below. Also find locations and phone numbers of the main Catholic Charity offices by state and county.
There are over 3,000 offices, and the agency is involved in providing some form of assistance to over 15 million individuals each and every year. The services offered by Catholic Charities are extensive, and range from free or low cost food, housing programs to strengthen families, rent help, and financial help paying for basic needs. The exact types of programs and services offered will vary by location, church, and center which are listed below. Most of the centers only have a limited amount of funding as well.
Financial assistance and basic needs from the charity
The food pantries and banks that are available to struggling families is how Catholic Charities helps the highest number of people. Millions of free hot meals, emergency food and grocery boxes, and holiday meals are provided every year. The pantry often serves as a bridge to the client while they find longer term support. From time to time groceries, food boxes and lunch or dinner meals may even be delivered as well to the homebound, disabled and seniors. Most of the Catholic Charity churches are also involved in running soup kitchens as well as congregate dining sites.
A number of emergency housing services are offered by Catholic Charities. People who were evicted can find shelter. Individuals can then work with a case manager to move into short term transitional housing, then together you will explore permanent housing options in your local community. As part of this the Catholic Charity social worker will show clients how to get financial help, including funds for paying security deposits and first month’s rent.
Catholic Charity affiliated churches may offer financial assistance for paying bills as well as for other basic needs. Of course funding needs to be available, and applicants need to meet conditions before Catholic Charities will provide them with any type of emergency financial assistance. There is often a waiting list in place by each church, and funds are first come and served. Cash assistance can be provided to the working poor to pay for some or all of the following.
- Utilities - Money to pay to prevent a disconnection of electric or water bills. Or if you have run out of heating fuel or oil then Catholic Charities may help.
- Clothing - Including work uniforms and school for children attending school.
- Prescriptions - Only a select few locations can pay for medications, and this form of assistance is very limited.
- Rental assistance - Get help in an emergency to pay rent if you are faced with imminent eviction, and some funds can be paid for security deposits.
- Medical needs - Catholic Charities often has information on clinics or applications to Christian health insurance programs.
Before any financial aid is offered, they will usually need to ensure people can get back on their feet after the funds have been paid out. As the emergency assistance for basic needs is very short term in nature, and all applicants need to show the ability to be self-sufficient. Some Catholic Charity services are also very limited in funding capacity. Other resources offered are listed below, or find additional information on high demand services, such as help with rent payments.
Catholic Charities social services
Applicants will normally be assigned either a case or social worker. This is done as Catholic Charities wants to partner with the client to stabilize their situation. This process will involve the client and social worker partnering together to address everything from employment to budgeting, parenting classes, and much more. The charity can help the poor get back on track or work to rehouse the homeless.
Counseling, including refugee services, immigration, assistance for pregnancy, adoption, and more. This form of outreach is one of the main social services available. The free counseling sessions are used to empower the client. Catholic Charities also has a focus on overall family development, whether that is for pregnant moms to be or immigrants to the area. There are also referrals given too, including details on how to find help for immigrants or other vulnerable groups.
Employment services, including career counseling and resume review, are provided to almost 100,000 people per year by Catholic Charities. Social workers and case managers from Catholic Charities know that finding a job and increasing a client’s skills and income is key to becoming self-sufficient.
Locations of Catholic Charity main offices
There are thousands of locations around the country, however the main regional offices are noted below. If a center isn’t in your town or city then call a nearby Catholic Charity organization or try a church. Many cover nearby counties or they may have information on other churches or organizations in your immediate area.
- Baldwin Alabama Catholic Charities
Immigrants, seniors, families with children and the poor can receive aid including food, utility help, and more. Continue with Baldwin County.
- Catholic Social Services, Birmingham
2121 3rd Avenue North
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
Phone number - (205) 838-8316. Or more on Catholic Charities Birmingham programs.
- Catholic Social Services, Mobile
Primary address: 400 Government Street
Mobile, AL 36602
Call - (251) 434-1550, or click here for details.
- Catholic Social Services, Anchorage
3710 East 20th Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99508
Telephone number is (907) 276-5590. Read more on their programs.
- Catholic Community Service, Juneau - (907) 586-9018
- Catholic Charities Community Services, Phoenix
Primary address - 4747 North 7th Avenue
Dial for help and hours - (602) 285-1999. Get information assistance programs, including those in Mesa County.
- Foundation for Senior Living, Phoenix
1201 East Thomas Road
Phoenix, Arizona 85014
Call (602) 285-1800
- Catholic Community Services of Southern AZ, Inc.
1023 North Tyndall Avenue
Tucson, Arizona 85719
Telephone number is (520) 624-6452. As indicated, a large territory is supported. Get referrals to public aid, food panties, thrift stores, and limited amounts of emergency cash assistance for bills. Immigrants and refugees are supported too. Continue with Pima County.
- The entire Southeastern Arizona region has access to churches and Catholic Charity assistance programs. Various financial assistance programs are offered. Click here.
- Churches in Pulaski County Arkansas
There are a number of locations in the county. The main office is at
Little Rock, Arkansas 72207
Each offers their own services. More on Little Rock church programs.
- Catholic Charities - Diocese of Fresno. Call (559) 237-0851, or read more and the services offered.
The coast is also supported by churches and centers as well. Get details on Monterey County Catholic Charities assistance programs.
- Catholic Charities of Los Angeles
307 Warren Street
Telephone number is (323) 266-3130
1531 West 9th Street
Several centers are available in southern California. Various emergency assistance programs (rent, food, utilities), job training programs, food, and immigration services are offered. The three sites include:
- Long Beach.
- Los Angeles County.
- Ventura County is supported too. More.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Monterey, Seaside - 831-393-3110
- Catholic Charities of the East Bay / Oakland
433 Jefferson Street
Oakland, California 94607
Call (510) 768-3100 for help. Or find more Alameda County and Catholic Charity Oakland programs.
- Catholic Charities of Orange County, Santa Ana California
Read more on programs administered.
- Catholic Charities of Sacramento, Inc.
Partners with many non-profits and churches in northern California. Meals, shelter, housing, rental assistance, and much more can be offered to the needy by this Sacramento location.
- Catholic Charities, San Bernardino
Address: 1800 Western Ave # 107
San Bernardino, California 92411
Telephone number - (909) 880-3625. The location also covers Riverside. Find details.
- Catholic Charities, San Diego
4575 Mission Gorge Pl # A
San Diego, California
Dial (619) 287-9454 to get information on resources available. However it can include vouchers for food or clothing, emergency funds for rent (if being evicted) or utilities (if shut off). Continue reading on San Diego County.
- Catholic Charities CYO, San Francisco
180 Howard St #100
San Francisco, CA 94105
A focus of this agency is on addressing housing, homelessness, and evictions. Self-sufficiency, employment services and more may be available. More information San Francisco Catholic Charities assistance.
- Santa Barbara County and nearby towns are covered as well. Various churches and groups partner with Catholic Charities. Continue.
- Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Address: 2625 Zanker Rd # 200
San Jose, California 95134
Main number - (408) 468-0100
Addressing the housing and nutritional needs of northern California residents is a focus. Information is also offered for job training and immigration services. Read more.
- Catholic Charities, Santa Rosa
987 Airway Court
Santa Rosa, California
Main number is (707) 528-8712
Resources are offered for the entire county. Get more details on Catholic Charities in Sonoma.
- Catholic Charities of Stockton
1106 North El Dorado Street
Stockton, CA 95202
(209) 444-5900. Click more Stanislaus County Catholic Charity programs.
- Boulder County. More information.
- Catholic Charities of Central Colorado
14 West Bijou Street
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Telephone - (719) 475-7314
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Denver
Address: 4045 Pecos Street, Denver, Colorado
Please call 720-377-1313 from Monday - Friday 8:00 - 8:45 AM to make an appointment. Click here for additional information.
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Pueblo. Get information on their services.
- Catholic Charities of Fairfield County, Inc. Bridgeport CT. Telephone 203.416.1503
All of Fairfield County is supported. More information.
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Hartford
839 Asylum Ave # 841
(860) 493-1841. Click here for additional information.
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Norwich, Inc.
331 Main Street
Read more on locations in the region and the programs they offer, including in New London and Middlesex.
District of Columbia
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington DC
924 G Street Northwest
Telephone number is (202) 772-4300. Click for information.
- Catholic Charities Bureau, Inc., St. Augustine Jacksonville, Florida. Assistance programs are offered to residents of all of Duval County. Find immigration support, free referrals, emergency rent and utility bill help and more. More Jacksonville assistance programs.
- Catholic Charities of Central Florida
1819 North Semoran Boulevard Orlando, FL 32807
Dial - (407) 658-1818. Priority is for seniors, parents with children, and other low income families in the Orange County region. Funds for cooling bills, food, school supplies, clothing and more is distributed. More on Orlando.
- Columbia County region Catholic Charity supports the county and surrounding region, such as Lafayette and Hamilton. Call (386) 754-9180, or learn more.
- Dade County
The organization helps the low income and needy in southern Florida. Find Miami - Dade locations.
- Catholic Charities of NW Florida
1815 North 6th Avenue
(850) 436-6411. Find more information.
- Catholic Charities, Inc. Palm Beach, FL, Palm Beach Gardens. Click here.
- Polk County Florida and east to Brevard
Seniors and the working poor in the greater Florida region have access to several centers if they need help. Read more.
- Naples regional Catholic Charities
A few centers are in the area. Learn more.
- Pasco County. Click here.
- Catholic Charities Diocese of St. Petersburg, Inc.
Main address: 1213 16th St. N.
Saint Petersburg, Florida 33705
Find more assistance in Pinellas County and St. Petersburg.
- Sarasota, southwest Florida and Lee County
In addition to help for the low income, churches in Florida also have many programs for seniors. Find Lee County Catholic Charity locations and other centers in the southwestern part of the state. Or get help in Sarasota.
- Tampa Bay and Hillsborough Florida
Programs include food, housing, referrals, and assistance for immigrants. Read Catholic Charities Hillsborough County.
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Venice, Inc. - This is a Florida organization. Dial 941-484-9543
- Volusia, Flagler, St. Johns and eastern Florida
Several Catholic Charity churches and resources focus on this region. If you need food, are faced with eviction / homelessness, or need emergency help, then find who to contact in the St. Johns County region.
- There are also emergency services in the Daytona Beach region. Catholic Charities may arrange grants for families in a crisis, car repairs, address unexpected medical expenses, and other aid. Find details on Catholic Charities in Volusia County.
- Catholic Charities Atlanta
Office location is 680 West Peachtree Street Northwest
Atlanta, GA 30308
Call (404) 881-6571, or read more.
- Catholic Social Services, Savannah - Telephone (912) 201-4100
- Catholic Charities Hawaii
1822 Keeaumoku St
Honolulu, HI 96822
Call (808) 524-4673. Provides referrals across the state. More on Hawaii.
- Catholic Charities of Idaho, Boise (phone (208) 345-6031)
No matter what town, county, or city you live in, dial this center for referrals and information. Continue.
- Catholic Charities of Chicago
721 North La Salle Drive
There are several other centers in the Cook County region that help the low income with paying rent, utilities, and medications. Find more Chicago Catholic Charity locations.
- Catholic Charities, Joliet
Address: 203 North Ottawa Street
Locations also serve the low income in Dupage and Will County.
- Lake County and Chicago suburbs residents are also supported by Catholic Charities. Employment resources, immigration services, holiday and financial assistance are all offered. More.
- Kane, McHenry and Winnebago County Illinois and surrounding towns can get financial assistance, rent help, food, and more from their local Catholic Charities. Click here for more on Kane, Winnebago, and McHenry programs.
- Catholic Charities of Macon, Sagamon Illinois and nearby regions. Continue.
- Churches in Peoria County
The charity, some of which are Catholic and others are of a different religion, provide free food, baby formula and items to parents. There may also be various social services as well as financial support to the working poor, including seniors. Continue with Churches in Peoria and Tazewell.
- Catholic Charities of Southern Illinois, Belleville, call (618) 235-9601
- Southwestern Illinois
The region, including St. Clair and Pulaski County is supported by several charities. More.
- Catholic Charities, Inc., Springfield, IL
1625 West Washington Street
- Catholic Charities of Evansville, (812) 423-5456
- Catholic Charities, Fort Wayne-South Bend
15 East Washington Boulevard
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Telephone - (260) 422-5625. Continue with St. Joseph and Fort Bend.
- Catholic Charities, Gary
Address: 40 Broadway Gary, Indiana 46402
Telephone number is (219) 886-3565. Case managers and volunteers serve the region of Lake County Indiana, and may have limited amounts of cash assistance for expenses such as heating bills or rent. More on Gary Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, Inc. Several centers operate in Marion County and offer financial assistance for basic needs. More Catholic Charities Indianapolis.
- Southwestern Indiana
Several counties in this part of the state are supported by Catholic Charity services. While financial aid is limited, social workers will try to help the needy. More.
- Catholic Charities, Davenport - (563) 324-1911
- Catholic Charities, Des Moines
601 Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309
Dial (515) 244-3761 for intake. Or click more details.
- Catholic Charities, Dubuque
Primary address: 1229 Mount Loretta Ave
Dubuque, IA 52003
- Catholic Charities, Sioux City - (712) 252-4547
- Catholic Social Service, Dodge City
Office address: 906 Central Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801
Telephone: (620) 227-1562
- Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas, Overland Park, (913) 433-2100
Several counties are supported by this regional Catholic Charity Diocese. Dozens of services are administered. Learn more.
Also get information on the Leavenworth region.
- Catholic Charities of Salina, Inc., 888-468-6909
- Southwest Kansas - Several emergency assistance programs and social services are administered. Learn more.
- Catholic Charities, Inc., Wichita Kansas. Call 316.264-8344. The center has free food from a pantry, gasoline vouchers, Christmas programs are more for the region, including Sedgwick, Harvey, Butler and other counties. More on Catholic Charity programs in Wichita.
- Catholic Charities, Inc., Covington, KY
3629 Church Street Covington, KY 41015
The center supports multiple counties in northern Kentucky. Thousands of families receive assistance from the charity every year. Learn more.
- Catholic Charities of Louisville, Inc.
This is the Kentucky center. Phone - (502) 636-92631. More on Jefferson County and Louisville.
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Lexington
Address is 1310 West Main Street
Lexington, KY 40508
(859) 253-1993. More details.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Owensboro, KY
- Catholic Charities & Special Ministries, Alexandria, Louisiana
Phone number - (318) 445-6424
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Baton Rouge
1900 South Acadian Thruway
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808
Call the location at (225) 336-8700 for hours and list of services, or find details on Baton Rouge assistance.
- Catholic Charities, Houma-Thibodaux Louisiana, 985-876-0490. This center covers the entire parishes of both Terrebonne and Lafourche. Continue.
- Catholic Office of Justice and Peace, Lafayette, LA. Call (337) 261-5654. Find more details.
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans
Call - (504) 523-3755. Housing, rent, food, vouchers for groceries, and more is available in New Orleans Louisiana.
- Catholic Charities of Shreveport
Center is located at - 331 East 71st Street
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318) 828-1456. Click additional details on this Caddo Parish organization.
- Catholic Charities of Southwest Louisiana, Lake Charles, main phone number 337-439-7436
This location supports over 20 parishes in the southern and western part of the state. Read Catholic Charities southwest assistance programs.
- Catholic Charities Maine, Portland. Telephone (207) 781-8550.
This is the main organization for anyone in the state of Maine to call. Get information on free food, emergency financial assistance, housing, and other services. Read Catholic Charities Maine assistance programs.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Baltimore. Main number is 410.547.5490.
May have emergency assistance for bills. Other services include food, job training, and referrals. Find more details on the Baltimore agency.
- Montgomery County. Additional services are provided to residents in this region. Social services, financial aid, and other services are offered in Montgomery County Maryland.
- Catholic Charities - Boston
51 Sleeper Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02210
Telephone - (617) 482-5440. Click here.
- Essex County and northern Massachusetts
The region, including Lawrence families, can receive help if they meet requirement. Click Essex County Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Social Services, Fall River
Address is 1600 Bay Street
Fall River, MA 02724
The churches and Catholic Charity organization provide assistance to all of southern Massachusetts, including Bristol, Barnstable and nearby counties. Continue.
- Catholic Charities Worcester County
10 Hammond Street
Worcester, MA 01610
Call (508) 798-0191, or continue reading on Catholic Charities Worcester.
- Charities in Ann Arbor and Washtenaw region
Assistance, including meals, case management, rent help, and more is offered. Continue with Catholic Charities Washtenaw County programs.
- Catholic Social Action, Detroit - (313) 883-2100
- Catholic Family Services, Kalamazoo
Address is 1819 Gull Road
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49048
Phone number is (269) 381-9800
- Catholic Charities of Shiawassee and Genesee Counties
Call this non-profit for referrals and assistance. More on Flint Catholic Charity programs.
- Catholic Charities of the Upper Peninsula, Marquette
- Catholic Charities West Michigan
Primary address: 40 Jefferson Ave SE
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503
Dial the center at (616) 551-4747, or click here.
- Catholic Charities of St. Paul and Minneapolis
Click here for phone numbers, addresses, and information on their financial assistance programs.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of New Ulm Minnesota. Telephone 1-(866) 670-5163
- Ramsey County also has churches focused just on that county. The main center offers transitional housing, financial aid, and other support to the working poor. Find details on Catholic Charities in Ramsey County.
- Catholic Charities, Saint Cloud - (320) 650-1660
- Catholic Charities, Springfield, MA
Location - 254 Bridge Street
Springfield, Massachusetts 01103
- Catholic Charities, Winona Minnesota. Telephone (507) 454-2270
- Catholic Social & Community Services, Biloxi
Primary center location is 1790 Popps Ferry Road
Call (228) 702-2100
Programs are available across southern Mississippi. Free food, energy bill assistance, rent help, and more is available. Read more.
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Jackson, Mississippi
North Congress Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Phone - (601) 355-8634
- Catholic Charities of Kansas City-St. Joseph Inc.
1112 Broadway Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
Dial (816) 221-4377. More details.
- Catholic Charities of Central & Northern Missouri, Jefferson City, telephone 573-634-8568
- Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri, Springfield, (417) 866-0841. Additional details.
- Catholic Charities of St. Louis
4532 Lindell Boulevard
St. Louis, Missouri 63108
(314) 367-5500. Click details.
- Catholic Social Services of Montana, Helena
1301 11th Avenue
Helena, MT 59601
Location is (406) 442-4130
- Lancaster and all of southern Nebraska
A number of resources are offered. Click here.
- Catholic Charities, Omaha
3300 North 60th Street
Primary phone number. (402) 554-0520 Call to speak to a representative.
- Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
Address of center is 451 East Twain Avenue
Las Vegas, Nevada 89169
Dial (702) 735-4358 for information. Homeless To Home program provides assistance to the homeless or about to be evicted. It offers assistance with housing, utility payments, case management, job training resources, food, clothing and to gain self-sufficiency through employment. Continue to get more details on Las Vegas resources.
- Catholic Community Services of Northern Nevada, Reno. Spiritual guidance, referrals, utility bill assistance, and low income housing may be available, as funding and donations allow. More Reno Catholic Charities.
- The southern part of the state is supported by Catholic Charities. A number of human services are provided to seniors and the less fortunate More Rockingham and Hillsborough County.
- Catholic Charities, Camden
1845 Haddon Avenue
Camden, New Jersey
(856) 342-4100, or click here for information on their services.
- Jersey City area
This location serves all of Hudson County with both financial aid and programs such as workforce development. Read more.
- Catholic Charities of Metuchen, Perth Amboy, 1-732-324-8200
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark, NJ and northern New Jersey
Address is 590 North 7th Street
Newark, NJ 07107
If you live in the northern part of the state, this agency may be able to assist. More Bergen and Essex County Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Paterson
Address: 24 De Grasse Street
Paterson, New Jersey
Telephone number to dial for services is (973) 279-7100.
Or find more details on Catholic Charity church services in Passaic County.
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton
383 West State Street
Trenton, New Jersey
Call the center at (609) 394-0346. The center also assists low income families in Burlington, Ocean, and other areas. Continue.
In addition to the location above, a number of churches and charities operate across the central portion of the state. Get information on locations in Somerset, Warren, and nearby counties that can provide food, financial assistance, and other aid.
- Union County Diocese
Some of the assistance programs include emergency food and transitional housing. Other Catholic Charity services in the region include job training, GED testing and educational support, and help for senior citizens. Click more information.
- Catholic Charities-Diocese of Las Cruces - (575) 523-7577
- Catholic Charities, Santa Fe, Albuquerque
Find Albuquerque locations.
- Sandoval County region
Low income programs, assistance for immigrants and more is provided by Catholic Charities.
- San Juan region of New Mexico supports several counties with various social services. More.
- Catholic Charities, Albany New York
Address is 40 N Main Ave # 3
Phone number - (518) 453-6650. The entire Capital region is supported, including cities such as Troy and Schenectady. More details.
- Catholic Charities of Brooklyn and Queens
Location is 1615 8th Ave # 1
Brooklyn, New York
Flushing 6120 Woodside Avenue, NY 11377
Call (718) 779-1234
There are a couple locations as noted above. Click more details.
- Broome County, Owego, and Binghamton - Find programs.
- Catholic Charities of Buffalo
525 Washington Street
Phone number - (716) 856-4494. Or read more on Buffalo Catholic Charity programs.
- Catholic Charities Chemung and Schuyler region
Resources are provided across the southern and the SW part of the state. More on Schuyler and Chemung County.
- Chenango, Cortland, and the southern tier Catholic Charities supports the poor across the entire southern part of New York. Continue.
- Finger Lakes New York region, including Seneca and Cayuga Counties
The diocese supports several towns and nearby villages and regions. Read Catholic Charities Seneca and Cayuga County.
- Fulton and Oswego New York has several churches and Catholic Charity centers as well. Food, funds for energy bills, and immigration services may be offered. Read more.
- Long Island
Residents of this region can get help from Nassau and Suffolk County centers. Learn about clothing, free Christmas assistance, and emergency funds for basic needs.
- Catholic Charities of New York City
34 West 134th Street
Phone number - (212) 694-3939
Second location at 4111 Broadway
In addition to those two centers, many other churches and charities operate in NYC. Qualified low income families, seniors, and children can get help. Assistance includes referrals, limited financial assistance, food, shelter, and a hot meal. More New York City programs.
- Ontario, Wayne County and nearby towns. More.
- Catholic Charities, Ogdensburg, NY
Resources administered include free food, emergency rental funds, case management, and employment services. Several nearby counties are supported too. Continue.
- Orange County New York. Click more details.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, Hicksville. New York based. Call 516-733-7000
- Catholic Charities, Rochester
1945 E Ridge Rd # 24
Rochester, New York
(585) 339-9800. Learn more on Monroe County.
- Rockland County New York Catholic Charities - Click here.
- Catholic Charities of Syracuse
Address: 1654 West Onondaga Street
Syracuse, New York 13204
Phone: 315.424.1800. Continue for details.
The charity also covers the regions between Albany and Syracuse. Find Oneida and Madison County assistance programs that are administered by Catholic Charities.
- Westchester County region. The charity offers a number of social services. Read more.
- Western New York Catholic Charities
Call this agency for help with heating bills, housing programs, and food. Ongoing case management may be administered too. Continue with Cattaraugus and Chautauqua regional programs.
- Catholic Social Services, Charlotte, NC and Mecklenburg County.
- Catholic Charities of Diocese of Raleigh, North Carolina. May also support nearby regions such as Durham and Johnston County. Continue Catholic Charities Wake County.
- Wilmington and southeastern North Carolina
Churches and charities support many counties in the region. Call for information on utility bill and rent assistance, job counseling, Christmas assistance, and more. Continue.
- Catholic Charities of North Dakota. There are several offices in the state that offer referrals. Call (701) 235-4457 for intake, or find more details on North Dakota Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Social Services - Miami Valley, Cincinnati
922 West Riverview Avenue
Dayton, Ohio 45402
Telephone - (937) 223-7217. Food, heating assistance, help for seniors and other aid is available. More Catholic Charities Hamilton County assistance programs.
- Catholic Charities Health and Human Services
7911 Detroit Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44102
Call the center at (216) 334-2978, or click here.
- Catholic Social Services, Columbus, OH
197 East Gay Street
Phone number to dial for help is (614) 221-5891. Programs include senior assistance, food, immigration services, and financial help. Continue reading on Columbus Ohio resources.
- Catholic Charities of Southwestern Ohio, Cincinnati
Address: 100 E 8th St # 5
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Telephone: (513) 241-7745
Services offered include employment, holiday assistance, emergency rent and housing and more. Click here.
- Lake County and Painesville. Read more.
- Catholic Charities of Steubenville, Inc., (740) 282-3631
- Summit County and Akron
Other locations operate in Ohio, including in Akron and Summit County.
- Catholic Charities, Toledo
933 Spielbusch Avenue
Toledo, Ohio 43604
This agency supports people in Lucas and Toledo Counties in Ohio, and maybe other regions. Hot meals, information on government assistance, and maybe some funds for rent or energy bills may be offered. More on Toledo Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Youngstown, Ohio, (330) 393-4254. See Mahoning Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Charities, Oklahoma City
Address: 1501 North Classen Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Dial (405) 523-3012 to get hours and speak to a social worker. Click here.
- Tulsa County Oklahoma
Assistance, referrals and other aid is available. More Tulsa Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Charities and Churches in Clackamas
Numerous social services and low income assistance programs are offered. They range from employment assistance to free food and meals for children in Oregon. More on Clackamas County.
- Eugene and Lane County
The non-profit helps the low income and seniors in the region. Additional details on Catholic Charities Lane County.
- Catholic Charities of Portland, OR
2740 SE Powell Blvd
Main number is (503) 231-4866. Find more details on Multnomah County Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Allentown Pennsylvania
The location supports Lehigh, Northhampton and other areas. More on Lehigh County Catholic Charity.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown Pennsylvania - (814) 695-5579
- Beaver County
Several social services and other programs are administered. More Beaver County Catholic Charities assistance.
- Blair, Cambria, and central PA
Numerous programs are offered for the low income and poor. Click here.
- Catholic Charities Agency, Inc., Greensburg - Westmoreland, PA
Call (724) 837-1840. Learn more.
- Catholic Charities, Harrisburg
Administration Office is 4800 Union Deposit Road
Harrisburg, PA 17111
Phone 717-657-4804. Has a shelter but not financial assistance.
- Catholic Charities Lackawanna and Luzerene - This agency covers nearby counties as well. Additional information.
- Montgomery County residents can turn to the Philadelphia churches and centers (per below) or Catholic Charities has operations in their own county. More.
- Catholic Human Services, Philadelphia
Shelter is offered during the winter, as well as access to emergency funds for heating bills. Case mangers can help families meet their nutritional needs. Also learn about basic health care, medications, and other support. More on Philadelphia Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Charities, Pittsburgh
212 9th St # 1000
Phone number is (412) 456-6960. Emergency assistance and low income programs are offered in all of Allegheny County. Find where to get help in Pittsburgh.
- Catholic Social Services of Diocese of Scranton, Wilkes Barre - Phone 570-822-7118
- Catholic Charities of Charleston, SC. (843) 402-9115
The coastal branch assists Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester families with basic needs including food, dental care, vision check ups, and other financial support. Click here.
- Greenville County region, including central and northern part of the state, has several churches and
Catholic Charity agencies. Emergency financial aid, free food, and care for seniors is offered. Continue.
- Midlands - Almost 20 counties are supported by this location, including York, Orangeburg, Bamberg and surrounding the region. Find details on churches in Midland assistance programs.
- Pee Dee - This branch supports the region around Georgetown, Horry County, and Dillon. Everything from free items for moms and babies from the Children Ministry to food and more is provided. More details.
- Piedmont region - Almost 20 different counties around Spartanburg, the city of Greenville, Oconee, Laurens and nearby towns and cities are supported. There may be some funds for bills in a crisis, help for immigrants, credit counseling and other support. More on Piedmont Catholic Charity programs.
- Catholic Charities of East Tennessee, Inc., Knoxville
119 Dameron Ave, (865) 971-3570
Low income families in nearby eastern Tennessee can also call this location. Continue with assistance from Knoxville Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc.
21 White Bridge Road
Call (615) 353-6792, or get additional details.
- Catholic Charities, West Tennessee, Memphis
1325 Jefferson Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104
Call (901) 373-1200, or find more on Shelby County and Memphis Catholic Charity assistance.
- Catholic Family Service, Inc., Amarillo, Texas
Residents of the western portion of the state can also get help from the El Paso churches and locations. Various emergency assistance programs, immigration programs, food, and medical care can be arranged.
- Catholic Social Services, Brownsville, San Juan Texas. Dial (956) 541-0220 for information on the services offered.
- Catholic Charities of Central Texas, Austin
Location - 1625 Rutherford Ln Austin, TX 78754
Telephone - (512) 651-6100
This non-profit provides financial assistance and more to all of Travis County. More Austin Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Charities of Corpus Christi, Texas, dial (361) 884-0651 for intake.
- Catholic Charities of Dallas
9461 Lyndon B Johnson Freeway #128
Dallas, Texas 75243
Primary phone number is 214-520-6590.
- Churches in Eastern Texas, Tyler and surrounding areas
This group of churches and charities provides assistance to several counties, including Montgomery and Taylor Texas. Food, energy assistance, housing and more is offered. More East Texas Catholic Charity programs.
- Catholic Charities of Fort Worth
249 Thornhill Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76115
Phone number is (817) 534-0814. Food, Spanish seeking serves, information, and referrals are offered. More on Fort Worth.
- Catholic Charities of Gallup, Inc.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston and Houston
Location is 2900 Louisiana Street
The second branch is located at 326 South Jensen Drive
Main number is (713) 227-9981. This centers serve the working poor, seniors, and low income in the entire region. Get more details on Harris County resources.
Hidalgo and Cameron Counties are also supported.
- Galveston and eastern Texas residents have access to their own center as well. The location may offer free meals, holiday assistance, and emergency rent and/or utility bill help. Click more details.
- Catholic Social Services, Laredo. A few locations operate in the region. Telephone (956) 722-2443
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Lubbock, Inc.
Address is 102 Avenue J. Telephone number - (806) 765-8475. Continue reading on Lubbock County resources.
- Catholic Charities Community Services, San Angelo Odessa
Telephone - (432) 332-1387. Click more details.
- Catholic Charities, San Antonio
202 West French Place
San Antonio, Texas
Telephone number - (210) 222-1294. No matter where you live in Bexar County, if you meet income and other qualifications you and/or your family may qualify for assistance. More San Antonio Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Charities of Southeast Texas
2780 Eastex Freeway
Beaumont, TX 77703
- Catholic Community Services of Utah
745 East 300 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
(801) 977-9119. Continue for more information.
- Vermont Catholic Charities, Burlington
55 Joy Drive
South Burlington, Vermont 05401
Telephone number is (802) 658-6111
This charity supports the entire state of Vermont. Assistance is offered for seniors, low income families, the jobless and others. Click here.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington, Inc.
Address: 200 N. Glebe Road Suite 250
Arlington, Virginia 22203
- Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia and Virginia Beach
269 Clearfield Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Call location at (757) 490-4931, or find more Hampton Roads locations.
- Commonwealth Catholic Charities, Richmond
1512 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, Virginia 23230
Call (804) 285-5900
This center supports the central and eastern Virginia regions with emergency assistance and social services. Read more.
- Northern Virginia is served by the Fairfax County branch. Or another nearby locations is in Stafford and the Spotsylvania region.
- Roanoke Virginia Catholic Charities is a leading non-profit for the region. More.
- Clark County and southern Washington
Several social services are administered. More details.
- Kitsap Washington
Several churches partner with Catholic Charities to help the poor and seniors in the region, including Jefferson County. Click here.
- Catholic Charities of Spokane
12 East 5th Avenue
Spokane, Washington 99202
Communities across eastern Washington are supported by this church based group and its assistance programs. More on Spokane area Catholic Charities.
- Tacoma and Pierce County has a Catholic Charity organization. Basic needs from a thrift store are provided along with referrals to food, grants, and other support. Click more information.
- Thurston County
Low income families can receive support including food, referrals, case management, and information on job programs. Learn more.
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Yakima Washington. Dial (509) 965-7100.
- Catholic Charities West Virginia, Inc.
2000 Main St.
Wheeling WV 26003
The agency and its partners provide emergency assistance and resources across West Virginia, including in Charleston and other cities. More.
- Catholic Charities of The Diocese of Green Bay
Primary location is 1825 Riverside Drive
Green Bay, WI
- Catholic Charities, La Crosse, (608) 782-0710
- Catholic Charities, Inc. Madison, Wisconsin
426 S Yellowstone Dr. Madison, WI 53719. Call (608) 833-4800 for hours. Food, help for seniors, clothing, and other basic needs are offered. Read Madison Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Charities, Milwaukee
Address: 1919 North 60th Street
They do not offer financial aid, but other social services may be provided. Call (414) 771-2881 for information on resources offered. Or continue with Catholic Charities in Milwaukee.
- Catholic Charities of Wyoming, Torrington - 1-800-788-4606