Carson City assistance programs

Find help for paying bills, rent, foreclosure assistance, and other aid

Ron Wood Family Resource Center is a non-profit agency that offers the working poor and low-income clients who reside in the following zip codes: 89701, 89702, 89703, 89704, 89705, 89706, 89711, 89712, 89713, 89714, 89721, and 89440. People from these areas of Carson City may be able to receive emergency assistance and referrals with paying rent, utilities and prescription drugs. Carson City, Nevada, phone number (775) 884-2269

Numerous assistance programs are offered by The FISH Emergency Referral Services Program, Inc. This agency, which serves Carson County, will assist with offering free emergency food, clothing, utility and rental assistance, nighttime shelter, intake and referrals, showers, laundry, GED education, prescription, medical and mental health, short-term child care assistance, limited stranded travelers assistance, free restaurant, emergency shelter, interim housing. Referrals to permanent resources and other non-profit organizations is offered for all clients. Call 775-882-4567 for more information.

Nevada Rural Housing Authority - State of Nevada may offer rental assistance to low income elderly, disabled and families in the area. Dial 775-887-1795.

Salvation Army - Carson City (775-887-9120) works with Southwest Gas to provide energy assistance, and may be able to provide their own limited financial assistance, food, and other aid.

NV Energy - Northern Nevada - Provides utility bill assistance for people who qualify. Dial (775) 786-6023.



Food Bank of Northern Nevada partners with local food pantries, banks, and distribution centers to feed the needy. You can call them to find a location near you to pick up free food at. The phone number is 775-331-3663.


Foreclosure assistance in Carson City

In addition to the legal help above, Volunteer Attorneys for Rural Nevadans offers Housing Counseling, Foreclosure Assistance. Dial (775) 883-8278. Click here for more on Nevada mortgage programs and how the state may be able to help you with housing issues.

Legal representation and support

Volunteer Attorneys for Rural Nevadans (1-866-448-8276) provides free legal assistance. Some of the main focus is on rural Nevadans, and they provide legal aid to deal with Landlord Tenant Issues involving private landlords such as illegal lockouts, failure to make repairs or provide essential services, failure to refund deposits, evictions and termination of rental contract.








Like this site?