Georgia Power and Cartersville, Georgia

State and local government assistance programs.
cjkares
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Georgia Power and Cartersville, Georgia

Post by cjkares »

I think I have contacted every agency (Salvation Army, charitys, and others) in the Cartersville, Georgia area and none of them have any funds that I can use to help pay my bills, rent, and light bill. Can you please help me? Our Power has already been shut off! My husband and I both are supposed to use a nebulizer 4 times a day. You can contac me by email. We need our power in order for medical emergency and needs. We also need rent help and other cash assisstance for our bills.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Georgia Power and Cartersville, Georgia

Post by Admin »

For your power bills, do this.
Try Project SHARE, which is a Georgia statewide utility bill assistance program that is funded by electric utility customers, and help is usually focused on people with medical needs like yourself. 1-800-257-4273

I also think it is illegal for an utility company to turn off your power if you have a medical emergency. Contact a non-profit law firm for free legal advice on this. They usually need to keep it on. I assume a nebulizer is a medical need? Not really sure what it is. Here is a link for info on free legal programs in Georgia.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ance_.html
cjkares wrote:I think I have contacted every agency (Salvation Army, charitys, and others) in the Cartersville, Georgia area and none of them have any funds that I can use to help pay my bills, rent, and light bill. Can you please help me? Our Power has already been shut off! My husband and I both are supposed to use a nebulizer 4 times a day. You can contac me by email. We need our power in order for medical emergency and needs. We also need rent help and other cash assisstance for our bills.
Handy1

Post by Handy1 »

Please send me any and all information on getting help with paying utility bills, rent, and possibly getting help with security deposits for a new place to live and securing utilities and rent in another place if we lose this one. I have applied for assistance through my local family connections office in Lincoln Georgia and they have stated that Project share has approved a payment of my electric bill. The pledge was received by Georgia Power on 7/27/13 and the voucher expires on 4/25/13. I have monitored my bill and no payment has been made yet. A payment arrangement was made to avoid interruption of service. I asked that the arrangement be made for the amount of the pledge, 550.27, on the date set (8/27). When I checked my account online, I saw that the payment arrangement was set for the full amount of 706.00 on 8/25. if no payment is made by this date, my electric will be shut off even though a pledge was made by family connections in conjunction with project share for the amount of 550.27 to avoid service interruption. I would like to know why the payment has not been made, why we have received no communication from project share, and how anyone can help us at this point?
I would also like information on getting free medical care as I do not qualify for Medicaid but require chronic medical attention for seizures and bipolar disorder and have no medical insurance. I have lost my car and did work from home but now cant go to the job I have been offered because I have no transportation. I am a licensed professional and want to work but I am in a vicious cycle. please help me get back on my feet. The utility bill is under my mom's name. Thank you so very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is there anything you don't need? With that long list of bills and debts, maybe the best place to call in Clayton County is the community action agency. The case managers there may have suggestions for you on various programs. They also tend to be an intake site for Project Share. Also, if you are bi-polar and have no insurance, try applying to the Affordable Care Act, which the agency can also provide advice on. Read more Clayton County Community Services assistance programs.