I am a single mom but need a car for work and my kids

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
KeithUrban
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I am a single mom but need a car for work and my kids

Post by KeithUrban »

Hello, I am a single mother of two, and I am in need of assistance with a vehicle in order to get to my job. I have never asked for help before like this so I really do not know how to go about it all I know to do is to tell you my story...so here goes. Like I said I am a single mother of two boys I am currently a waitress in a town that is approximately 25 minutes away from my home.
On October 3rd of this year my 2000 Ford Aerostar made it to the end of my driveway and then blew up. But I'm grateful I wasn't out in the highway when it happened. And since then I have had to pay someone to take me and to pick me up from work. Occasionally I have had to miss due to not being able to get a ride and when you miss your punishment is your hours will be cut the next week so it's really a loose situation.
I have always worked with the exception of the years of 1998-2002 and at that time I was on disability. I felt I was able to work so I actually gave up my disability and went back to work to try to provide a better life for my children. I have walked to work in the rain the cold and the snow, but where I am employed is just to far for me to walk at this time. If there is anything you can do to help or guide me in the right direction to get help I would appreciate it a great deal. Thank you and God bless.
Erin Batch
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I am a single mom but need a car for work and my kids

Post by Erin Batch »

I need help with the cost of repairing my car. I am a single mom and have service connected disabilities and have been trying to find assistance with DAV and VFW I have to give them the applications as soon as I gather all the paperwork that they want.
I had just purchased it and thought that it seemed sound, however, it threw a belt and caused a lot of damage to the car. I thought that it would help me move forward in life. It has only eaten up my savings. It just happened to break down in front of a shop. They have been kind enough to keep the car there while I raise the funds to repair it. Let me know if you can do anything to help a single mom with the repairs.