Immigrant in KY need housing

State and local government assistance programs.
Asia Rae
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Immigrant in KY need housing

Post by Asia Rae »

To Whom It May Concern:
I am a victims of crime advocate at Kentucky Refugee Ministries. I am assisting an immigrant client who lost employment due to a crime committed against her at her place of work (this client is a biological male who identifies as female). This individual does not qualify for the majority of state or federal programs as she is not yet a legal resident of the united states--though she is waiting on an appointment in March with a lawyer who will hopefully guide her through the visa process.
She has procured another source of income in the meantime, and our organization was able to assist her with utilities and rent up until this point; however, we no longer have the funds to support this client and are seeking rental assistance for the month of February while she saves money for March's rent (we have already found a solution regarding the utilities for this month).
I believe this individual is in imminent danger of becoming homeless due to her low-literacy, immigration status, gender identity, and limited English-proficiency. I am hopeful we can get her back on her feet and legitimized as a US resident, but this will be extremely difficult to do if she loses her housing (and thus her newly acquired job). This client lives in zip code 40299 in Louisville, Kentucky.
I have called almost every number in Kentucky I can find on your website to help an immigrant however, thus far I have not touched bases with anyone who is able to help. J-town Area Ministries is the community ministry for her zip code; however, for rental assistance they ask that we call around to different churches and request donations/pledges, then they will collect all the checks and make a final payment. I am in this process but have not yet had much success.
I look forward to your correspondence.
Warmest Regards,
Kenna
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Immigrant in KY need housing

Post by Kenna »

Hello my name is Keisha and I'm in need of housing assistance for me and my daughter somewhere in Kentucky. Since we are immigrants, we are staying with a friend at the moment but will need to find our own place in the next 2 months. I am employed with a small wage but do not make enough to pay "regular" rent. And I have also applied to some low income housing in Kentucky for immigrants but with no luck. Do you help people in my situation find housing? I have 1000 that I was able to save but due to emergency surgery I will need to use some for the time I missed work. Thank you so much for your time.