Vehicle for the disabled or my handicap

Anything else you may need or want to discuss?
NHPB has many programs listed, and for general help try the search feature.
LauraJane
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Vehicle for the disabled or my handicap

Post by LauraJane »

Hello, I’m permanently disabled and in a wheelchair. I desperately need help with my utilities, transportation and my rent if possible. I’m currently dual eligible for SSDI/ Medicare, but I only get 700 dollars a month in benefits for living expenses including just 50 dollars for food for the month.
I need a handicapped equipped vehicle, preferably a SUV or a pickup truck. And, I’m currently working with two well-known vehicle dealerships but lack the means to cover the cost of the vehicle. I was told the state of Michigan has several grant programs for vehicles for the disabled. Please consider me for the help others I know have been given. I hear you provided to various friends of mine with great programs that covered utilities foo housing and other monthly essentials.
Keagan

Re: Vehicle for the disabled or my handicap

Post by Keagan »

Hi, I am the mother of two small children... I am currently and possibly facing an the loss of my car, and I need a new car or van for my disabled children.... I lost my job 6 months ago and was just now able to get a new job so things have been hard for me and my family. I need as much help as I can get with transportation and also rent and utilities. I am at a point where I don't know what to do or who to call for a disabled vehicle so can you guys please help me and guide me in the right direction... I live in Mableton Georgia in Cobb County... Thank you
M Kuchar

Re: Vehicle for the disabled or my handicap

Post by M Kuchar »

I am disabled with no vehicle. I live in a small town in Mobile County. My power bill is 3 months behind. I've tried everything I know to do, but I can't get help. I've tried my local community action for a vehicle for the handicapped but by the 28th of this month, it will be too late. I owe $571.00 on power and $125.00 on water. I do not like asking for help, but I have nowhere else to go. Can you please help?