Security deposit needed to move in New York

Find how to get help with rent
Rodan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Security deposit needed to move in New York

Post by Rodan »

This is not for myself but a friend. Her landlord told her that she has to move because they need the space for family. They do not have the money to move (1st and last months rent) I was wondering if you can please point me in the right direction to help this family. They live in Long island and would like to stay the are for the sake because they are in school and doing very well. Thank you for any help you can give me to pass on.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Security deposit needed to move in New York

Post by Admin »

Security deposit assistance is not common, but there are some agencies in Nassau County and Long Island you can try. So this may get you in the right direction like you requested, but you will need to call around, see if you qualify, if they have funding, etc. Here are details on security deposit and rent programs in Nassau.
Indra

Post by Indra »

Hi, I am a mother of 3 wonderful children, but my income is small and I need to find an apartment for us that is affordable. A year ago we lost ALL to hurricane Sandy in NY and after a year trying to get my life back as I once knew it has been impossible. A friend suggested moving here and we did and my children are happy. Please help me get an apartment of our own that is affordable and go back to living independently. Thank You
Menendez

Post by Menendez »

I am currently staying with a friend who I can not stay with for much longer. I have been homeless and bouncing from house to house for 2 years. I am enrolled In the GED program and am employed at Wal Mart in Oswego New York. I need help getting on my feet getting into a place mostly need help with security and firsts months rent. I am planning on finding a second job and having a room mate to help me pay the rent.
Its hard to go to GED work try and find a second job and afford everything. I have also been struggling to fix my car and get it on the road. Which with me not having a car its hard to make it to work so if I could get a little assistance it would be better then none. I'm a 20 year old trying to better my life and need some help. If there is anything that could help me I would be greatly appreciated. I can also provide proof of employment pay stubs, GED information. Thank you for your time. I can be contacted in email or by my cell phone.
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Hi. I am a single mother living in Manhattan. I do not receive child support. I work full time at Walmart and I also go to school fulltime. I'm currently living with my sister and I feel very unwelcome. Saving money for a security deposit is hard. Is there any way I can get assistance. I won't have trouble paying the rent. I just need help getting into an apartment. Thank you!
Ugochukwu Asuai

Post by Ugochukwu Asuai »

I am currently in the state of Georgia and trying to get back to Syracuse to get into a foster parent program so I can help my grand babies who wound up in foster care. I am in need of assistance for any transitional housing or security deposit until I can find an apartment. I have very limited resources until I am settled. I am trying to transfer with my job as well.
Currently, I live with my mother and have struggled financially to maintain a place here in Atlanta area as it is extremely expensive for a single person. Being back in Onondaga County New York is definitely cheaper! Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we doubt they will help you move across a state, there are security deposit programs in Syracuse NY. They can be found here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Once you get that local job, it will help you with getting approved. As no one wants to assist if you have no way to sustain future rent payments.
Ugochukwu Asuai wrote:I am currently in the state of Georgia and trying to get back to Syracuse to get into a foster parent program so I can help my grand babies who wound up in foster care.