No reply from Salvation Army in my California town

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Shades
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

No reply from Salvation Army in my California town

Post by Shades »

Hello, I am 19 years old with a beautiful 6 month old daughter. We recently have saved up enough to move from a very poorly taken care of home that was not suitable for my daughter OR myself included. I have gotten CPS called on the house and they have given me a warning to evacuate the household within one week, so I took what money I have been saving up and bought a little apartment in the Fresno county, in a little town called Riverdale California, just 15-20 minutes away from Hanford.
I have contacted all of the Fresno county California Salvation Army but no reply yet and it has been a week. And I don't have much time left. My main concern is that I will not be able to pay rent this month, entry fee or the utilities bill. Its $460 for the rent, $50 for utilities (gas and electric) and the entry fee is $100... PLEASE HELP MY LITTLE FAMILY I am over whelmed.
I've applied for so many jobs and have yet to hear anything good, I'm poor, unemployed, and don't want my daughter and myself to be homeless... Please help....please.
Thank you for your time and my God bless.
DePalma Der

Re: No reply from Salvation Army in my California town

Post by DePalma Der »

I need some where to stay. I am a 55 yr old woman and I am sleeping on the streets of Fresno California as the Salvation Army shelters are full. Please help me, I am scared every night that someone is going to see me in some dark corner I am sleeping and hurt me. I am vision impaired and depressed, I've called all the shelters here and they are full, please help me I am lost and don't know where to turn.
Lance13

Post by Lance13 »

I am a 22 year old who lives in South Central Los Angeles. I attend a small church (maybe 50 - 80 members, including children) called Ministerio Sinai located in Sun Valley, California. I write this email, hoping that it gets to the correct place, because I would like to ask for assistance for my church's Sunday school program. I honestly do not know how asking for a donation works, since I have never done it before. I was truly inspired by your mission to help spread the gospel of Jesus Christ and I truly believe that by helping our church's Sunday school program you will be spreading the word to children. I was also amazed to learn that Salvation Army is driven by the love of God, to spread that unconditional love.
The real reason I turned to The Salvation Army is because many years ago when I was only 9 years old my father abandoned our home and my mother was left to raise 5 of us all alone. My mother could not afford to pay for the rent so we got evicted from our home and became homeless. I remember my oldest siblings staying with family members while the rest of us stayed with my mom sleeping in our vehicle, sometimes we would stay at my aunt’s house. It was the middle of November and my mom told us we were going to get presents because she applied for a program with Salvation Army. I was skeptical.
Finally the day came, December 24, or 25 I do not recall the exact day, my aunt received a call to go pick up our presents. It was a rainy day but I have never forgotten the joy I felt to see all those presents, because for a moment I forgot that I didn't have a home, and just for a moment I forgot my father had left us. I felt a happiness I had not felt for some time and I had The Salvation Army to thank.
So now many years later I turn to you again first with gratitude in my heart and second with hope that you can help our small congregation buy the furniture and supplies we need to provide the children with a proper Sunday school education. Please if there is any news, even if you cannot help, notify me via email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe try a nearby town in California. Some Salvation Army centers are limited in resources. There is only so much they can go. Maybe one in a nearby county or town can give what you need. So try one...find the Californoa salvation army centers to apply at for support.
Lance13 wrote:I am a 22 year old who lives in South Central Los Angeles. I attend a small church (maybe 50 - 80 members, including children) called Ministerio Sinai located in Sun Valley, California. We need to provide the children with a proper Sunday school education. Please if there is any news, even if you cannot help, notify me via email.