Mattress and couch for a new house

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Sheerhan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Mattress and couch for a new house

Post by Sheerhan »

Hello, I am a single mother of 3. I've been homeless for a few years and I finally received my section 8 voucher. I am moved into a new place but I have no furniture. My children are sleeping on hand-me-down mattresses on the floor. I have no couches or drawers or anything that would come with a new apartment.
If there is anything that your organization can do for us we'd really appreciate it. I live on a fixed income due to disability so I cannot afford to buy furniture at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you and God bless.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Mattress and couch for a new house

Post by Admin »

Try one of the thousands of furniture banks that are around. They often help the homeless get beds, mattresses, couches, etc. Of course it will be used, and they may require "payback" such as someone volunteering at the furniture store. They may also help your children first, and call them for information on free furniture for your home.
Sheerhan wrote:Hello, I am a single mother of 3. I've been homeless for a few years and I finally received my section 8 voucher. I am moved into a new place but I have no furniture. My children are sleeping on hand-me-down mattresses on the floor. I have no couches or drawers or anything that would come with a new apartment.