Living in housing with mold and that is unsafe

Find how to get help with rent
Shakespear
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Living in housing with mold and that is unsafe

Post by Shakespear »

I'm disabled by the state but have no income. They won't let me apply for SS online because I don't have any of my ex-husbands personal information. I am in one room filled with black mold, no vehicle, no income at all. (I do have medical & a food card & am on Medicaid disability).
The person I've been staying with rents month to month & has no lease. The landlord came down throwing a fit last night & threw a hand written eviction notice at me. I am disabled & on very strong pain killers & utilize a cane. Many times I can't get to the bathroom, let alone outside. Particularly now that it's freezing outside. The weather makes my pain & mobility a thousand times worse. ( I am 42, female & disabled...).
I have nowhere to go. I have photos of it... Black thick mold all over the walls, the floors in the closets, all over the bathroom floor it has eaten threw, to where you can see into the basement from the bathroom. So NO privacy either. I have personally informed him about the Mold problem many times, several times a year, for 5 Years now... He even came in & looked at all the mess once & never did a thing. So obviously he's not concerned about anyone's health. I have no income, nowhere to go & don't know what to do. Please help me, or put me on the right track with someone who can.
LisaDurmant

Re: Living in housing with mold and that is unsafe

Post by LisaDurmant »

I am a single mother of a 2 year old. I've been homeless since the death of my mother when I was 6 months pregnant. I'm in need of a safe, mold free place to live with my son and his father isn't around to help at all. I'm doing it alone with a small part time job. I'm just praying for a stable place to raise my son that is safe, I refuse to let him be motherless I know the feeling. It's nothing worse than feeling lost and alone.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You do have some options. Since you live in an unsafe home, and are a single parent, some charities will give you priority. They want you to find a safe place to live, that is mold free, affordable, and good for your kids. If you are a single mother, take advantage of some of the rental assistance programs for single moms.
LisaDurmant wrote:I am a single mother of a 2 year old.
Ego Server

Post by Ego Server »

Hi, I have an 11 year old son who is disabled due to an illness called Juvenile Dermatomyositis, he also have an overlap of Systemic Sclerosis. We currently live with my mother but the home we live is not safe due to mold. I need help with paying for a security deposit and first month's rent. I've gotten a statement from his doctor stating that he need to be removed from the home but I can't seem to get any help. Please help us.
LorenDer

Post by LorenDer »

Hi,
I am currently living in an older trailer housing in Placer County. I am disabled unable to work because of ailments. I am in my 50's and have 2 small dogs. And we need to move out of our current living conditions.
The place is old has mold and has currently has made myself and dogs sick.
I am hoping I can get a place for my dogs and I and we can get out of this current situation. I am on social security disability. And am limited on my income for rent and deposit.
Is there a way I can get help to move to another mold free place in Roseville CA area?
Thank you,
LoriLynn Smith

Post by LoriLynn Smith »

My house I occupy with my wife and 3 daughters is completely over ran with mold and it is unsafe. I am disabled and on disability for pulmonary fibrosis. My land lady is evicting us because I turned her in. We have nowhere to go and disability isn’t much. We love in Virden IL and I just want to move to Kansas for better medical treatment but we can't do that either because we don't have the finances to do so.