Can't find a job due to bad credit report

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Hoffa
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Can't find a job due to bad credit report

Post by Hoffa »

I'm a single mom, who was laid-off from my job of 12 years. I was penalized 23 weeks from unemployment benefits, which due to that all my money that I had was used to live on all my credit cards, department store cards and all resources were all used up just to live. Now I receive unemployment, but my bank account is so overdrawn I’ll never get caught up, my rent is late by several months, my landlady is so wonderful but she needs her rent and I can't get enough money ahead to pay her. This is the first time in my life I've been out of work and not having much luck finding work (my credit report is hurting the job hunt too). I'm stressed and depressed and I'm afraid it will cause unnecessary worries to my son. I need some help to just get back on my feet again. Thank you.
EBurnett

Re: Can't find a job due to bad credit report

Post by EBurnett »

I am trying to rent a 3 bedroom apartment for me and my family but the problem is were homeless and living in Days Inn Hotel until we can find a stable home. The problem is were struggling because I have no credit and for me to get this apartment. I also can't get a job because of this credit. I have to pay extra on the deposit and I really don't have the money to pay for it. If you can please help me. That would mean the world to me. I am begging you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, having bad credit can prevent a landlord from leasing an apartment. There is no easy solution and we recommend working with a non-profit agency on improving it. But it will take many months if not years. Do plan on staying in the Days Inn, and you will need to just come up with a bigger deposit. Read suggesstions on repairing credit.
Coco

Post by Coco »

My family and I are being evicted only because I can't get a job. We own the mobile home and land owner can only get lot rent. The mobile home is in need of lots of repairs and no other mobile home community will allow older mobile homes. But my credit is so poor many employers are turning me down.
We are low income and bad credit. We would love to get a job then use the money to purchase a home in our area if we could get low monthly payments that we can afford. Please help before we become homeless. I look at this site over and over but not sure who could help. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, many employers now look at credit reports/scores. It can be part of the overall background check process. For more information on this, and help in repairing it, contact a credit counseling agency for advice.
Most of the assistance is free. they can review your income, debts, budget, and more as well as give free tips to you.